Stubbly hair left after leg wax?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemzom

Reaction score
Hi, I've just started leg waxing an had my first few 'models' to practise on this weekend.

I came across a problem whilst waxing a lady today, I did 1/2 leg wax and as far as im aware did everything correctly but the she still seemed to have 'stubly' hair left all over her leg when we finished - not good:-( I went over each area twice but it didnt make any different, anyone have any suggesions as to what i was doing wrong?

The lady did say this is always the case when she gets waxed, wether she does it herself with an at home kit or in a salon but im not sure if she was just been nice!

Obviously not charged her but its really fustratung me as to where i went wrong Xx

Was she a natural blonde or redhead with very strong hair were the hairs that were left pratically colourless.If yes I've had a few people over the years who almost have an undercoat that never seems to get any longer.They have always been strong haired blonde or redheads and the hair cannot be seen only felt you can also feel it before you start waxing.
They may also have just snapped off or she has may not have left them long enough between waxes or shaved and there is a shorter secondary growth.

Was she a natural blonde or redhead with very strong hair were the hairs that were left pratically colourless.If yes I've had a few people over the years who almost have an undercoat that never seems to get any longer.They have always been strong haired blonde or redheads and the hair cannot be seen only felt you can also feel it before you start waxing.
They may also have just snapped off or she has may not have left them long enough between waxes or shaved and there is a shorter secondary growth.

I can fully endorse this :sad:

I'm a natural blonde and this happens every single time I have a leg wax no matter what I do or don't do! It doesn't happen with my underarms, just my legs.

I don't bother with waxing my legs anymore....it's not worth the time and effort when your legs aren't smooth afterwards!

PB
x

I'm a brunette but always have stubble left after epilating/shaving or waxing. I have never been able to get a completely smooth finish. I'm such a hairy beast though.

Last time I went for a wax the lady said it was probably because my hair is at different stages of growth so some is really really short and not able to be removed leaving a stubble. She said if I kept going back regularly- like every 3 weeks to start with it would eventually get to the stage where everything was waxed and I was smooth but I'm too poor to test that out :lol:

Phew - that's a relief. I thought it would be something I'm missing. The lady was a natural red head. I don't understand why they would want waxing if it obviously doesn't work? Xx

Try Perron Rigot Euroblonde non-strip wax. It'll cost a fortune but gets the little ones out.

Thank you! I'm just waiting on samples from them x

I started waxing religiously over a year ago, I have never had smooth legs. I thought it was because I used to shave but still after a year, I never get that smooth feeling. I use Perron too. I am naturally dark haired (I had one client saying she hadn't shaved for six months, I was expecting desperate dan but I could barely see the hair regrowth, blonde). I will say though, even though I only get about a week out of a wax before I have to cover up (underarms) I do have much less noticeable leg hair than when I was shaving.

Latest posts

Back