Swine Flu

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking into the symptoms of this tonight, just out of interest and came across this
Swine flu - Symptoms

I'm feeling a bit under the weather but i'm sure it's just a summer cold. So anyway answered yes to some questions and it says immediately dial 999. Ive only got a sore throat and my shoulder hurts lol. Jesus How many calls must they have had?
xxx

I hate scaremongering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swine flu 1976 (more people died from the swine flu vaccine than swine flu) ,sars, bird flu and the list goes on............

Is someone telling porkies?!

Swine flu 1976 (more people died from the swine flu vaccine than swine flu) ,sars, bird flu and the list goes on............

I agree, I am fed up of seeing it in the papers and on the news. I will carry on as normal with regards to germs etc and not waste my time worrying about it :)

A little of point, I would probably call 911 accidently, even though OZ Emergency no is 000 I saw a man fall from a 2 story level and as i was rushing to his aid i screamed out "quick somebody call 911" (sorry but your post reminded me of it)

aaannnyyyywwwaaaayyyy

Many blessings go out to those suffering, but hey,these days I have so much to be vigilant against i just cant afford to worry about Swine Flu!!

A little of point, I would probably call 911 accidently, even though OZ Emergency no is 000 I saw a man fall from a 2 story level and as i was rushing to his aid i screamed out "quick somebody call 911" (sorry but your post reminded me of it)

aaannnyyyywwwaaaayyyy

Many blessings go out to those suffering, but hey,these days I have so much to be vigilant against i just cant afford to worry about Swine Flu!!

LOL - sorry I just had a funny image in my head of you running and screaming that :lol::lol:

LOL - sorry I just had a funny image in my head of you running and screaming that :lol::lol:

You should see her run when the words 'FREE' and "WINE' are involved.:wink2:
:green::hug:

I woke up feeling pretty crap this morning, eyes swollen, nose running, muscles sore.....

but when I stop to think, I have been working like a trojan decorating my house this weekend, hence the sore muscles, and IT'S HAYFEVER SEASON!!:eek:

Get a grip! I'll be very, very surprised if anyone dies from it in this country, I read it was no more severe than our flu (which isn't nice I know, but really).

Total scaremongering, we brits are the best at it!

You should see her run when the words 'FREE' and "WINE' are involved.:wink2:
:green::hug:

Hahaha!!! remember when they bloody charged us $5 to taste :eek:

Panic no longer, there is a cure..........

Attachments

• SwineFluRemedy.jpg
    SwineFluRemedy.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 44
Panic no longer, there is a cure..........

That's great-must get me some!
Fed up of reading about it now. It's beginning to boar me and it's hogging the front page of the papers :)

Oh well it keeps the state of the economy off the front pages-very convenient!

I remember the swine flu panic in 1976. I carried on as usual as I am doing now.

The media is making a mountain out of a molehill! :irked:

I have listened to the government advice and will bear it in mind. I do however think that there is a an awful lot of scaremongering in the media..both the press and on television, perhaps fuelled by the government's desire to distract voters from the recession as another poster has alredy pointed out.

To date, 25 people have died worldwide and there have been 900 odd cases confirmed. Let's remember that one million people die each year from malaria....don't see the Sun and the rest of the gutter press shouting about that :irked:

I do think the Media are creating a panic about this, and we need to just stay calm and sensible.

I did receive a very reassuring email from Mundo though letting me know the following,

Mundo Professional have tested three of their most popular lines against Swine Flu (H1N1) and it has been confirmed that Mundo Hard Surface Disinfectant Spray, Mundo Hard Surface Disinfectant Wipes and Mundo Rapid Instrument & Tool Disinfectant are all highly effective against the disease.

So I am definitely not panicking now!

I think the WHO and relevant authorities are acting extremely wisely. The costs to the UK government alone is huge - but prevention is better (and cheaper) than cure.

HAND HYGIENE is so important - but remember that Swine Flu is a virus - so using an antibacterial product is not good enough - it needs to be VIRICIDAL.

If everyone adapts good hygiene standards then the risk of contracting Swine Flu - or any other infection - is dramatically reduced.

Earlier in this thread... I posted that swine flu was already in my town.
Now... it may be in my family.
My sister in law is right now, in quarantine at hospital, being tested for it. Neither her daughter, nor hubby are allowed in the room to see her.
My mother in law (who lives downstairs from her) woke up this morning feeling ill. My father in law has a poor heart, parkinsons, diabetes, alzheimers and has already had a heart attack very recently and clogged arteries.....

My in-laws usually visit the girls every sunday, but didn't last week. Right about now, I'm feeling grateful.
1 in 10 peeps die from this... the infirm and the very young. Our family is very small. My sister has a 2mth old baby that I see weekly.
If my in laws do have it... I could have possibly infected my newborn nephew if I had it AND my clients AND the dozens of peeps I saw at "meet the teacher night" 2 nights ago.
My family is about the size of 10 people.....at least, the more local and close knit part of the family. 3 members of which are VERY infirm and, one VERY young.

Scarey business, this swine flu.
Especially when it hits close to home.

Latest posts

Back