Swine Flu

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, apparently the secondary school that the girl went to in Paignton has been cloed down and no one is allowed anywhere near for the immediate future. Wonder how many school ffiends have bben infected? :eek:

Well, apparently the secondary school that the girl went to in Paignton has been cloed down and no one is allowed anywhere near for the immediate future. Wonder how many school ffiends have bben infected? :eek:

Just seen that on the news I think it was the same place, it is quite scary. All kids that were in close contact have been given meds to take.

my personal opinion of this is that the media are making it out to be alot more worse than what it is....as in the risks...not the fact that its verging on being pandemic.
No one has died outside of mexico from what i have read......and you have to remember that alot of mexico lives in bad poverty of which could not afford the healthcare that the likes of those living in the Uk/US. 1000 people died of what we would probably say normal flu last year in the UK.......without so much of a mention in the papers.
FLU...if you really have it is not nice and i would have thought that the last thing anyone who really did have it would want is there nails being done, lol!...that said some people still shock me :)
That said if you truely do have concerns that bother you then i think what victoria suggested about resheduling their appointments is the best way to go.

A child in the states has died of this, aged 23 months, it was on the news earlier, not sure where exactly ? its scares me to death :cry:

im panicking about it! i have a cough and im abit stuffy jsut now, had it since last thurs though, and im alot better now...

but the first cases in scotland, the newlyweds from polmont are at a hopsital very very close to me!

and i know people who have been going to that hospital and now im abit panicky!

im panicking about it! i have a cough and im abit stuffy jsut now, had it since last thurs though, and im alot better now...

but the first cases in scotland, the newlyweds from polmont are at a hopsital very very close to me!

and i know people who have been going to that hospital and now im abit panicky!

OK step away!!!!!!

i will! :D

i hear someone sneeze and run away at the moment, i think il end up not leaving the house if there are anymore cases near me!

:)

What happened to Bird Flu??? Is this going to be the same.....

EXACTLY. Scaremonger sensationalism at its best. What will it be next cat flu? Dog flu? There is nothing wrong with caution but crikey everything these days is blown out of proportion by the media....another example is a thread on here about UV gel lamps causing cancer.:rolleyes:

I do think its scary but so was sars and bird flu. I will carry on as normal, there is no point worrying about something you can't control.

I can't remember - did SARS or bird flu come to the UK?

I was talking about this yesterday with my granddad

He said its just a ploy to get us to buy more masks, hand sanitisers and disinfecting products. Now I did laugh out loud as I thought he was being funny but he was very serious!

I do think the Media are creating a panic about this, and we need to just stay calm and sensible.

I did receive a very reassuring email from Mundo though letting me know the following,

Mundo Professional have tested three of their most popular lines against Swine Flu (H1N1) and it has been confirmed that Mundo Hard Surface Disinfectant Spray, Mundo Hard Surface Disinfectant Wipes and Mundo Rapid Instrument & Tool Disinfectant are all highly effective against the disease.

So I am definitely not panicking now!

Salon owner??? Blimey! I only knew about this because a client told me this morning, I hadn't actually heard/read about it myself. So is the girl who has it the daughter of a salon owner?

Yeah but the salon is in Warwick Lol, daughter lives with her Dad in Devon. They all got given medi's before they left school yesterday and the school is now closed until 11 may....Its not her daughter who has the swine flu tho, another girl in year.

Claire has been really ill also, very swollen glands feverish etc, I pooped myself about swine flu I was thinking as a teacher Claire is probably high risk. Anyway we went on the website NHS Direct last night to do the question and answer thing ....all set up for Swine flu altho the answers all indicated and relate to potentially having a Stroke!! Looks like the website hasnt been update properly dont you just love the NHS!!!:eek:
Anyway CLaire rang up in the end (she was sure she didnt have swine flu Lol) this was at 7pm and someone called back AT 4AM!!! She doesnt have swine flu she has tonsilitus bless her, but just shows how inundated the NHS Direct is!!

I can't remember - did SARS or bird flu come to the UK?

A couple of birds did die of Bird Flu in the UK, but no humans contracted it, as far as I am aware.

A friend of mines is having a bar b q this Sunday and she has asked us all to bring a bottle or a dish

She has now said not to bring any pork items as she doesn't want to get swine flu, should I now be worried as I ate some pork and beef sausages yesterday!

WHO | Swine influenza frequently asked questions
here are the official guidleines and any questions/answers for those who are concerned. The way i understood it is that the symtoms/effects are no different to reguar flu that spreads through humans. It is just that this form of influenza is usually carried by pigs so unless you have regular day to day contact with pigs then humans do not have a very high imunity to it.....which is why it is more contagous. I think it depend very much on your day to day health and immune system at present as to how your own body deals with the illness.......the same as it would with regular flu.
hope this answers some of your questions.....you will also see that you most definately cannot contract it from eating pork
x

This is how it started

pig_licker.jpg

What happened to Bird Flu??? Is this going to be the same.....

EXACTLY. Scaremonger sensationalism at its best. What will it be next cat flu? Dog flu? There is nothing wrong with caution but crikey everything these days is blown out of proportion by the media....another example is a thread on here about UV gel lamps causing cancer.:rolleyes:

I am thinking that this IS different to bird flu, as that could only be passed from infected bird to humans if I remember rightly and the cases were very few. However swine flu is contagious from human to human hence the large number of reported cases, so IMO this is far worse.

However it is of course just IMO :hug:

more people die every year of the common flu.. perspective is needed!!

If a client coughs, out comes my cool blue.. if they sneeze.. whip out the cool blue.. I certainly am not worried about the swine flu.. im more worried about the ordsinary one cause every year it hits me harder and harder, and takes longer to shove!

I guess none of us are worried about the recession anymore.. The governments must be pleased!!

WHO | Swine influenza frequently asked questions
here are the official guidleines and any questions/answers for those who are concerned. The way i understood it is that the symtoms/effects are no different to reguar flu that spreads through humans. It is just that this form of influenza is usually carried by pigs so unless you have regular day to day contact with pigs then humans do not have a very high imunity to it.....which is why it is more contagous. I think it depend very much on your day to day health and immune system at present as to how your own body deals with the illness.......the same as it would with regular flu.
hope this answers some of your questions.....you will also see that you most definately cannot contract it from eating pork
x

you can how ever break out in Rashers :green:

Regarding SARS - which can be transmitted in a similar way to this swine flu...

SARS swept into Hong Kong for four months in 2003, infecting 1,755 people and killing 299 by June.

Worldwide, more than 8,000 were infected and nearly 800 died from it.

There were also doctors and nurses in Hong Kong who died while nursing patients. On March 10th 2003, 11 healthcare workers reported sick. By that evening it was 50. The disease continued to spread to other healthcare workers, their families and contacts.

They had to isolate a WHOLE block of skyscraper and locked every resident in to avoid the disease spreading. There were 321 cases alone in that block. Like the new TV advert showing, most of these people transmitted the virus to each other simply by being in the same lift.

The schools were closed, the businesses were closed. Most people were allowed to move about freely but no body left their homes, and EVERYONE who did go out wore masks.

The whole economy was literally put on hold for 4 months. It took a very long time for Hong Kong to recover after SARS.

On the plus side though, Hong Kong is now one of the most prepared, most equipt and the most experienced places to deal with diseases like this, but they had to learn it the very hard way.

It really wasn't funny at all.

And this gives you an idea how potentially deadly the swine flu is.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back