take care of your nail stuff !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joolz

Reaction score
hiya all just wanting to have a bit of a moan (sorry )but how gutted am i ? i rent space in a sunbed shop not a room just a table in the front ive been doing really wel, much better than i first thought, but this week some light fingered **** has taken a large box of glitters,powders ,nail stickers, dried flowers,rhinestones, nail jewellery and everything arty i had, also 2 boxes of tips and oddly enough ,a bottle of primer
When i ring my insurance,im not covered for this so am a bit peeved,having recently unloaded the husband i am now single so i dont have a lot of money coming in theres no way im going to be able to afford to replace this for a while so all my extra charges for glitter work etc .are now out the window.
What a complete pain ,still ,got to laugh at myself for being so trusting and stupid(if i dont i'll cry) so ladies and gents please be careful with your things as theres some real thieving horrors out there
xx thanks for reading

Your next investment should be a lockable caddy. You should be able to get one used for fairly cheap.
Really sorry about your loss. You just cannot trust anyone anymore. Are you sure that is wasn't someone working at the salon?
What does the owner say about it all?

We have a large wall glass case with glass doors that house all our polishes we use.
And it amazes me that peeps will get in there and take polishes and pocket them..

Oh No Joolz that is horrid, have a :hug: from me (not that it will help much!)

I am really sorry for you xxx

Your next investment should be a lockable caddy. You should be able to get one used for fairly cheap.
Really sorry about your loss. You just cannot trust anyone anymore. Are you sure that is wasn't someone working at the salon?
What does the owner say about it all?

We have a large wall glass case with glass doors that house all our polishes we use.
And it amazes me that peeps will get in there and take polishes and pocket them..
thanks both of you i really dont think its anyone that works there at all and from now on ill have to lock everything away ,the owners sympathetic but cant do anything about it but we live and learn
xx

Hi Joolz,

sorry to hear about this, it really makes your blood boil doesn't it. I haven't got a lot but I could send you some of my dried flowers if it'll help.
Let me have your addy via pm and I'll sort some out for you.

hun i have some glitters, rhinestones, flowers and stickers you can have to help get you back on your feet, pm me letting me know whare to send them

Aw mate! This is awful!

Some people eh! I wish I could help you.

It's a great idea to keep everything under lock and key though but you shouldn't have to really!

Big :hug:

Teri x

aw Hun I'm so sorry to hear about that I can send you some dried flowers and some colored beads what system do you use I might even have a spare primer.
sending you a big :hug:

hun i have some glitters, rhinestones, flowers and stickers you can have to help get you back on your feet, pm me letting me know whare to send them
Aww, how kind is this? Very generous of you Tracy:hug:.

I think it is really appalling that peeps could steal like this. I am very trusting and wouldn't want to think it is somebody who works in the shop, but it sounds suspicious. Surely you are present when with a client, so if not the client, then who?

They say we learn by our mistakes, but sometimes we learn by other people's mistakes too. Thank you for reminding us how easy it is for something like this to happen. Hopefully it will make us all more careful in the future.

Sorry I can't help with any replacement stock but I can send you a big :hug:. It's lovely to see so many offers of help - it really is a fab community in this site.

oh no hn that is awful ..
if you send me your addy , i might have some bits and bobs too ,
xxx every little helps lol

I am so sorry to hear this. :hug:

I'm afraid I dont have anything to offer as I am just starting out myself, however I am overwhelmed by the generosity of the geeks on here who have offered you some supplies!

I hope you get back on your feet again soon x x x

im overwhelmed by their generosity too it makes you a bit emotional as well:cry:this is so kind of everyone with their offers of help and your kind thoughts too i really am very touched:hug:

This is real naff news and it's great that geeks have offered to help you out. I would love to help but my nail art collection is non exsistent! (I'm not arty!)

You have opened my eyes though so thank you for posting, I will now be sure to lock my other stuff away.

Good Luck and I hope you get back on your feet asap!

Jacqui

Hi Joolz,

sorry to hear about this, it really makes your blood boil doesn't it. I haven't got a lot but I could send you some of my dried flowers if it'll help.
Let me have your addy via pm and I'll sort some out for you.

aw Hun I'm so sorry to hear about that I can send you some dried flowers and some colored beads what system do you use I might even have a spare primer.
sending you a big :hug:

oh no hn that is awful ..
if you send me your addy , i might have some bits and bobs too ,
xxx every little helps lol

Awwww, how sweet!!!

So sorry to hear about the time you've had, wish I could send you something as well...I will look around and see what I have.

sorry hun that really sucks.. one time i hadnt been home for days i did some haircuts sets of nails almost everything was in my car and it got stolen and cleaned out mind i drive a piece of s**t car that i only have because it was all i can afford... i got a lot of dried flowers for a dollar each through BeautyTech Beauty Professionals Networking on the Net- for the Nail Tech, Salon and Day Spa Owner, Cosmetologist, Esthetician or premiernailsource.com cant remember which one and i know here in then U.S. ezflow sells trail packages of their collections for about 30.00

i search alot but find some good deals

i also teach at a beauty school and everything for my class i have to keep everything locked in a locker from everyone i only know the combo even if you dont feel you should have too always keep your stuff locked up in something that locks whatever

:hug: good luck i wish i could help best luck to you for glitters go to the craft store alot of times you can get great deals there too

hun i have just finished sorting through and i have for you..................

10 pots of dry flowers
box of 400 millennium tips
16 diferent colour striping pens
8 pots of crushed shell
diferent colour metalic foli and adhesive
17 pots of glitter
3 pots of diferent colour rhinestones
loads of various littl herts etc
pot of mother of pearl herts3 rolls of striping tape
12 sheets of transfers
3 sheets of stickers
100 pink cancer ribon rhinestones

i hope this lot will keep you going for a while:hug:

if anyone else can add to the list it would be much apreciated:)

hun i have just finished sorting through and i have for you..................

10 pots of dry flowers
box of 400 millennium tips
16 diferent colour striping pens
8 pots of crushed shell
diferent colour metalic foli and adhesive
17 pots of glitter
3 pots of diferent colour rhinestones
loads of various littl herts etc
pot of mother of pearl herts3 rolls of striping tape
12 sheets of transfers
3 sheets of stickers
100 pink cancer ribon rhinestones

i hope this lot will keep you going for a while:hug:

if anyone else can add to the list it would be much apreciated:)
i am absolutely stunned (in a nice way) this is so very very kind i really am grateful

i am absolutely stunned (in a nice way) this is so very very kind i really am grateful

it will all be in the post tomarow for you xx:hug:

Its sad that this sort of thing happens, especially when someone takes so much stuff.

Is your desk out of view from the other members of staff ?

My nail station is next to the sunbed room and I have to clear everything off the table when im not there as anything could be taken:irked:

When I used to work in the spa testers were always going missing. I remember when Clarins bought out the super restorative range we had only had the tester stand up a few hours and someone had nicked one of the creams which would have cost £60 at retail.

Latest posts

Back