Take your darn underwear off!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't you just have a bit of couch roll between their legs so the feel protected in some way and just move it around even if you just place it on their tummy at some points. Psychologically this could be a comfort. :hug:

Hello Everybody
I have just registered tonight. :) FINALLY!!!
I am a beauty therapist in Australia, when I graduated in the year 2002 with my Diploma, we didn't do brazillian waxing as a part of my course brazillian waxing basically became popular here a couple of years later, so I have no idea how to do one, of course I have heard all about it, I have done my own! I have watched a DVD, but the confidence is not there and to be honest, when I thought about doing a course, which mind you is around $500 at some places I just wasn't that interested, plus you have to take your own model, no volanteers there i might add. So anyway I am now working for myself and I don't do brazillian waxes, I have been called and asked if I do them, and I have to say "No I am not offering that service at the moment"
Do you think that it is unprofessional if I don't offer this as one of my services?

No it's not unprofessional - I'm no less professional because i don't do massage!

However, you are obviously missing out on business so maybe the course would be beneficial and be an investment. If it's not something you want to offer then don't. xxx

I'd give them a disposable thong, but it is daft when you are going to see all anyway. anyone who says they can do a hollywood and not see everything? well i dont know how you can get every last hair without it?

anyway, my advice is give them a disposable thong - once they realise it is realy a pointless procedure then next time the either wont bother with it at all or they won't be back. But at least you will have had one treatment from them - all money in the till!

Last edited:
It's cute that you call "it" a Hollywood and we call it a Brazilian. Is it legal in the UK for you to wax it ALL OFF? We can't here in a salon or spa, but it's done all the time at home-based businesses. Who would keep their panties on!? I purchased disposable thongs for clients that absolutely refuse to be completely bare. hugs, kelly

Kelly of course we can take it all off in the US. Whoever told you that is wrong, we are waxing bald all day long! I also find the names funny: there are at least 5 different names for nether region waxing.

I wouldnt make it a rule that the client "can't" wear underwear. However, If you make it the client's choice they will probably relax and see your way once they trust in you.

just a little tip that i do

i get them to take off their knickers to save me getting any way on them by accident and i roll a towel up and put it in between their legs so they dont seem so exposed.

just a little tip that i do

i get them to take off their knickers to save me getting any way on them by accident and i roll a towel up and put it in between their legs so they dont seem so exposed.

omg surely a rolled up towel would be massive?!?! lol.:lol:

I developed so many of my habits working on platform and had to get people comfortable with not only taking their clothes off, but in front of a crowd. I did open a very small spa about 4 years ago and went back to work, there is nothing like actually doing the job to make a better educator. I found doing my best to make people comfortable enough to get their butts into my salon was the most critical area. Once they were there and in my room now we can discuss things that make them uncomfortable but we can have more of a connection.

So if someone calls and wants to leave there underwear on and get a BBW, tell them you will keep them comfortable however it works for them, take the appointment and get them in the room And then rip those dang things off! how the h**l are we supposed to wax that landscape with that s**t in our way? ok, not really. but I was always able to get comfortable and naked. maybe it took a waxing or two and them holding the things out of our way. I really hate spending money on disposables and don't like laundry, so no towel or drape either.

i second that for the towels and drape. I now only use the couch roll and it soooo much better and quicker and no more washing as well. saving a bomb on electric and detergent.

i second that for the towels and drape. I now only use the couch roll and it soooo much better and quicker and no more washing as well. saving a bomb on electric and detergent.

I dnt leave a towel or anything, I just put 2 sheets on couch roll over the middle of the bed where their bum goes. And once i went back in, and the client was on the bed with the couch roll covering their modesty. i was in bits lol. :green:

Ive had a baby and all my bits arnt where they were! (just thought id share that to a load of strangers):biggrin::biggrin:

So now, i actually prefer to wear a tiny thong to pull on and hold the bitz in, it can be moved easily when in the area.

As i perform these waxes myself, i dont mind at all if they leave a tiny thong on, no way it can happen with anything bigger.

Be totally professional and they will relax no probs.

But in some cases, like me, they wont budge, and you may never understand why, even when you have been totally professional. Just respect their wishes.:biggrin:

holly wood is all off, brazilian leaves a little strip.

whay arent you allowed to do it in u.s?

i cant see why if they are happy to have you take the hair entirely off , that they would be embarassed to remove underwear, to me that would be a reasonable request.

i was also taught that a brazillian was everything off..hmmm wierd have i been taught wrong?...anyways as to the original post..im not sure if this was suggested as im being a lil bit lazy..lol...have u tried using a small hand towel?..and just keep adjusting as u go?...many people find that more comfortable and u dont have the restrictions of disposable undies...just an idea:confused:

Seriuosly

i am male and often have intermit waxing done.

I have no problem bearing all it has to be done or else you get a sub-standard job.

It annoys me more when in some salons you are asked to wear paper
knickers Why? at the end of the day provided i as client am happy then
i see little problem. At the end of the day we are all human and if the female therapist has problems with providing this service to guys then
covering things up (very badly) with paper knickers does not alter things.

Proffesional therapist put aside the genitallier and just get on with the job irrespectively.

Are there any of you here that do intermate waxing for guys by any chance? Another thing which annoys me slightly is the extrotionate prices some salons ask for guys to pay as opposed to females. again i ask why?

Are there any of you here that do intermate waxing for guys by any chance? Another thing which annoys me slightly is the extrotionate prices some salons ask for guys to pay as opposed to females. again i ask why?

the price you pay has to include the cost of all the extra training the therapist has done to offer the service, and also the time it takes.

Seriuosly

i am male and often have intermit waxing done.

I have no problem bearing all it has to be done or else you get a sub-standard job.

It annoys me more when in some salons you are asked to wear paper
knickers Why? at the end of the day provided i as client am happy then
i see little problem. At the end of the day we are all human and if the female therapist has problems with providing this service to guys then
covering things up (very badly) with paper knickers does not alter things.

Proffesional therapist put aside the genitallier and just get on with the job irrespectively.

the extra stretching costs :eek:

It's cute that you call "it" a Hollywood and we call it a Brazilian. Is it legal in the UK for you to wax it ALL OFF? We can't here in a salon or spa, but it's done all the time at home-based businesses. Who would keep their panties on!? I purchased disposable thongs for clients that absolutely refuse to be completely bare. hugs, kelly

Perhaps that is a local ordinance for you, but the state of California has no such regulations. When I do brazilian waxing I provide the client with a towel, which they use to drape themselves (sans underwear). I then use that towel, tucked diaper-style first on one side, then the other, to help me hold the client's skin taut during the waxing. I have access to the entire area I'm waxing and the client feels "covered" and has something to hold on to besides her own skin.

Win-win!!

Once again thanks all for your responses x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back