Take your darn underwear off!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'm finding hard to understand....

Everyone is saying what a great experience it is...
Just like they said about waxing my upper lip, and I've never go back to creams.

But ummmm the PAIN:eek: :eek: :eek: and the irritation that followed..
I have done it 4 times... and given up and gone back to my cream.
No pain, no irritation.

I HAVE to assume it would hurt a heck of a lot more 'down there', and also become irritated with those same ruddy nasty red pimples.. then add to that the indignity of baring my nether-regions...

I once shaved it all off... didn't care for the look. Looked like a little girl and turned off my hubby (and myself.... a little too weird for me). Plus irritated the life out of me to have my underwear chafing at me all day long.

So.... still trying to understand the 'addiction' aspect of it?:confused:
what is it I am missing? I don't get it?

Your the same line of thinking as me V..shaving it all off and not liking it neither did hubby as you said looked like a little girl.i wax myself as close to the bikini lines and thats it.

I have 2 clients(female) who like having the whole hollywood ..doesn't bother them to take their underwear off (it doesn't bother me either as ive seen all shapes and sizes) i suppose it is the feeling of being hairfree and going on the beach without seeing the bulging of hair also healthy aspect of it. As for hurting you get used to it. i had electroylis down there once and that hurt like heck.

ONCE THEY'VE WAXED CRACK, THEY WON'T GO BACK!!!!

Nobody ever asks me if they can leave their underwear on, so I don't have that prob. The only time it backfired was when I told a guy walked in the room and I told him to take off his pants and trousers and get on all fours. Half way through his crack wax, he said very timidly 'Excuse me......... but I've only come to read the meter'. LOL LOL.........I never tire of cracking that same old joke.:)

Ok, back to biz. If you can get all the hairs out with their underwear on then fine, if you can't tell them it's not a Hollywood, and then give it another name. I still wouldn't do it.
xxx

Personally, I don't like waxing braz or hollywoods without underwear on. I think the only way to put this is this way - but i like having the thong there to hold in inner lips and stretch the outer lips, everything else it can be moved to the left or right or shimmy-ed down. Just a preference and my clients feel more comfortable having something covering their noonoo. :)

A girl called me yesterday afternoon and said that she would like to make an appointment for her and 4 friends to book in for Hollywoods before their hols.

She said she'd heard i used a better wax and had great results but that i make clients take off their underwear. When i said this was correct and i think it's the only way to do a perfect hollywood she said that they were too embarassed to do this and they would all go elsewhere!

This is 5 clients i've 'lost' because of their embarassment and it annoys me. I know i'm the best in my area (thanks to Kim) and all my clients LOVE the results. Should i let them keep a thong on and do the job in halfs or cut my losses and simmer in silence.

It's sooooo unfair (& i don't care that i sound like a child :lol:)
tell them to put their thongs the other way round, i have had clients who have said this. :lol:

When I refer to waxing as a great experience I am by no means saying it feels great having my hair ripped out. LOL Yes it hurts, yes it gets irritated for a day or so, but the results I get are what makes the whole thing a great experience. A day or so of irritation for a whole 4-6 weeks of smooth, clean, non-irritated skin, and no chaffing! I say THAT is a great experience! I know you all don't care why I do it, but I'm going to tell you anyway just to add another perspective and hopefully an idea of what other clients might be feeling but never tell anyone. I don't do it for the looks at all! I do it for the cleanliness and the feel. I have shaved many times only to get chaffed skin the day after and pretty much all the time cause of the irritated skin and stubble from not being able to shave cause of the irritation. Just as a test I decided to shave in place of a waxing one time. I thought I was going to scratch myself to death! Waxing is not a comfy thing to do, but the long term results that you get in the 4-6 weeks, and eventually after years of waxing, ar so well worth it! I think of it as working out in the gym....lifting weights and running will make your muscles sore and hurt for a few days, but the result from a good workout is what we are REALLY aiming for, to look good in our own eyes, but mostly to FEEL good about ourselves! I also tend to look at it as just another something in life I have to just work through in order to feel better. Thats just me though.

dont you think though by the time you've manouvered it....you may has well have taken it off !!

I can see both sides of the fence honest i can, but once they've done it with pants off they get over the issue of ...er ..having pants off:green:

NO WAY!!!! its well quicker to just move it to the side, they hold it out the way as they hold up their bum cheek. I dont do all fours, i do the bum from the side. so they just hold the thong out the way while i do that area.

Personally, I don't like waxing braz or hollywoods without underwear on. I think the only way to put this is this way - but i like having the thong there to hold in inner lips and stretch the outer lips, everything else it can be moved to the left or right or shimmy-ed down. Just a preference and my clients feel more comfortable having something covering their noonoo. :)

totally agree!! thats what i wanted to say!! (But couldnt quite sentence it right without using the word 'giblets' lol):green:

For me doing a male brazillian its without underwear, we've all got them and seen them before nothing to be scarred of. Wearing underwear makes it harder in my view because your trying to 'cover up', then if anything was to get exposed it becomes even more of an issue for the client. Its a whole lot easier to get it all out there, you have about half a second embarassment and then the professional does what they do - a professional job.

I have a real thing against disposable underwear ... a spa near me insisted that I wear it for a massage or they wouldn't do the treatment. Really wasn't comfortable with it, and now will not go back there if they still have that stupid requirement.

Mat

btw, i dont do male intimate, so can only comment on female. I have only ever done it without a coupl of times, by request, but i just find it awkward, in the sense that i cant hold the inner labia out the way to get right in there. Si for me, the underwear serves as a tool, rather than to prevent me losing my 'innocence' lol. Im not bothered what i see!

and clients DO coment how much better and more relaxed they feel with the way i do things. and my main focus is doing things right by my cients!!

:D

I can't comment on intimate waxing, but I can tell you how I felt from a client's point of view when I went for tanning treatment before my daughter's wedding. It was a local salon, and the lady also taught at the local college (which I didn't know at the time). I lay on the table (it wasn't a spray booth) and was told to remove my underwear. Well, I am a lady of a certain age and was very embarrassed and told her so. Her comment was; "You're only a piece of meat to me love". Yep, you're right, I never went back there again and couldn't even be bothered to speak to her at college when ..... she ended up as my tutor on my nail course!!! Grrrrr!

I guess I'm a prude then:o

I remember at the birth of my SECOND child (not first, although, similar thing occurred) ... was at a teaching hospital.
Some residents came in and were just standing around doing nothing...
When I realized they were there doing 'nothing' and simply watching, I hollered at them "get out! Unless you have something to DO, you DON'T need to be here! If I wanted everyone to see my privvies, I'd pose in playboy!"
They were all so stunned, they near fell over each other trying to get out of the room. Either that, or I was wearing my scary face:lol:

So, I truly can't imagine dropping my drawers for anyone but my gyno or my hubby LOL

You're all a very brave lot: dropping your drawers AND seeing others drop their's. I absolutely do NOT want to see anyone else's bits:!: TMI for me, hahahaha

:hug:

This is my humble opinion .... modesty should be left at the door if you want a brazilian, hollywood whatever! Seriously, what really is the point of being embarrassed about the therapist seeing some or all of your 'bits' whilst being waxed. You won't be the first or the last.....and we all know what they look like!:rolleyes:

As Amber said, offer the option of disposables, just not to lose clients.

You havent done a thing wrong about not doing the waxing without underwear hun...xx:hug:

Hope you had a great holiday, Lindsay. :hug:
As my intimate waxer, you do a fab job without underwear and I'd like to tell those 5 'lost clients' that it's their loss.
However, there's a tip posted earlier that we could all keep handy - offering intimate waxing with or without underwear and then when the client gets comfortable with you, suggest that it's removed if you want it to be.
See you in a few weeks for more waxing............. no hiding your white bits, though :lol: LOL

Maybe we're a bit more open here in London/Essex but nobody ever asks if they can leave their underwear on. I respect all our different point of view though. xxx

I've never been asked if they can keep their briefs on either as yet... I only have the spray tan g-strings... I guess these would do if someone was insistent on having to wear something for their modesty? I don't use towels either ... its all off from the waist down.

:hug:

When i did my training with Kim it was in a room full of therapists doing the same training,
kim did the first demo wax and needed a body to wax, yes it was daunting as i had never had a Brazilian wax done before, never mind having it done in front of others but i bravely volunteered,
i was undressed from the waist down for the waxing to be done and it was embarrassing for all of 3 Min's, for me and most of the other therapists but after that i didn't care and neither did anyone else when it came to their turn,
i do understand that clients may be embarrassed but when i come across this i will explain that i have my waxing done in exactly the same way and explain that they will soon get over the embarrassment and after the first time they will feel more comfortable and be fine about it when coming for future appointments, jmo

I have to say that personally I have no problem baring anything (to a therapist anyway!) but....

My sister is a totally different kettle of fish :eek: She had a St Tropez massage tan done for her wedding and all she had done were the bits you can see! She wouldn't even have her stomach done, so it was pure white!

If I spray tan her now she wont do it just with her knicks on like all my other clients, she insists on wearing some sticky nipple pads I bought for customers who didn't want to bare all but also didn't want a bra strap mark around their back. And she's my sister! And I've tanned her 3 times!

So, we're all different :)

I'm off to London then away from the prudes lol

The underwear idea just seems like a waste of my time, I like to load my client up with strips so that i'm not standing round doing nothing waiting on one to dry so if she had underwear on i would have to do one side at a time.

Plus can you imagine certain bits, I need two hands just now to hold bits while i add wax if i add underwear to the equation i would need another hand... hmmm maybe i could call in my hubby and offer that as an option (you can either strip naked and have just me or keep the underwear and have me and my hubby :lol:)

Hats off to all who can work like this but after calming down i can see that i'm happy with my technique and style & so are all my clients, next time it happens i'll just have to work on my selling skills x

put the wax on the inside of their underwear, then rip the underwear off, no need for strips at all.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back