Tanning research .

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunbed or spray tan ?

• Sunbed

Votes: 39 12.9%
  • Spray tan

Votes: 188 62.3%
  • Both

Votes: 48 15.9%
  • None

Votes: 20 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters

becki x

Reaction score
Hi geeks i would be greatfull if you would vote on this poll.

Please take into consideration your persoanl preference and also you clients.

I would also be very greatfull if you would be kind enough to let me know wich county you live in , so i can get an idea of what the most popular tanning service is in each area.

I voted both sunbed and spray Becki and I live in sunny East Sussex:hug:

I have voted Spray Tan.....well it better be after I do my training on Monday (yeah, I know I am cutting it fine!!!!)

I am in Cornwall! HTH's xxxx

Hey becki :green:

I voted spray tan and I'm in the Wirral/Cheshire area

hi Becki
i voted spray tan and im in kent xx

I voted other as my preference is Sunbed or St.Tropez original application :)

Oh & im boderline Warwickshire/Worcestershire

Not sure if its relevant but most of the salons that offer spray tanning & i can't think of many all offer the St.Tropez airport. hths

I voted Spray Tan and I am in West Yorkshire/Lancashire borders.

I just feel its the safest option for an all year tan :)

Oooppss - I am going to upset some peeps but I voted sunbed - reason?? I have several/lots of clients with psoriasis and eczema who have had sunbeds prescribed by docs - so I believe that if a client can go on a sunbed which is so strong that they can only go on for 30 SECS then I can safely go on an everyday sunbed for 6 or 9 mins.

I don't sunbathe and do not go on the sunbed on a regular basis BUT I realise that our skin sheds and renews, so I will top up my tan on a continuing basis cos I don't like my skin colour to be as pale as Mortitia :eek:

hope that makes sense Deb xxx

I voted both..thats for our Tanning Salon Clients.. I am in London...myself I use the sunbeds now and again a few session a year, but use our Mystic Tanning Booth on a regular basis.....

Wow i am surprised at the results so far,i expected most to vote for sunbeds !

Keep em comming geeks,thanks x

Hi Becki

I voted Spray tan. I don't normally tan very well in the sun, or on a sunbed, but 10 mins in my pop up tent, and instant tan!!!!:green: I'm in Cardiff!

Sunbed.
Preferance for the colour personally.
And preferance as to what my salon customers use the most also.
My cash flow wishes it was spray tan though.

Hi,

I voted Spray Tan, I used to use the sunbed but don't tan very well and I could never get that lovely deep tan that a spray tan will give you, its far safer too. A friend of mine had a mole on her leg which turned cancerous after over exposure of sunbeds.

Oh and I'm in Cardiff!

I voted Spray Tan!
I am based in essex
xx

I don't offer tanning so can only give you my personal option which is.......none!! I've never been on a sunbed or had a spray tan.....I'm pale and (not very) interesting!!! LOL. I might have a spray tan if I could justify the cost as well as get my head around standing naked in front of a stranger except for paper pants.......!!!!

I'm in Wiltshire btw.

Personal opinion - spray tan....never been on a sun bed they scare me, not only the potential skin damage thing but also being inside one!.....do you go inside them lol!

:hug: I voted for Sunbeds..

I live in Canada, and I use them year round..

Sincerely
the nail fairy:)

I voted Spray tan, i live in Swindon, wiltshire- best of luck x

Its spray tan for me and my clients in Cheshire :)

Spray tan out of the two, but I use creams & spray's you can get from shops etc.... such as Soltan, Dove or Johnson's!! :)

Latest posts

Back