Tanning solution v clients skin!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Hopes

Reaction score
Hi all
I am really frustrated ! A friend of mine is very fair skinned and came to me for a spray tan. I sprayed her in a solution correct for her skin type but when she got in the shower the next morning it all washed off ?? :irked:
So since then we have been trying out all sorts of solutions on her skin just trying to get something to take! But every time it just washes off straight away, this doesnt happen with any of my other clients so i am reluctant to blame my technique or product.
Has anyone else had this problem? She isnt on any medication and her skin isnt really oily. I am out of ideas :confused:

thanks xx

sounds like something she is doing, maybe using an oily shower gel beforehand or something like that? i'd quiz her thoroughly...

i have done even to the point of being anal lol and asking her to tell me exactly what she does when she gets home ! She tells me she follows the before and after care exactly :rolleyes: and shes my friend so i have no reason to dout her. hmmmmmm

Hi all
I am really frustrated ! A friend of mine is very fair skinned and came to me for a spray tan. I sprayed her in a solution correct for her skin type but when she got in the shower the next morning it all washed off ?? :irked:
So since then we have been trying out all sorts of solutions on her skin just trying to get something to take! But every time it just washes off straight away, this doesn't happen with any of my other clients so i am reluctant to blame my technique or product.
Has anyone else had this problem? She isnt on any medication and her skin isnt really oily. I am out of ideas :confused:

thanks xx

this is a bit of an odd n :eek:

When she says the tan has washed off is she referring to the first shower where the initial colour guide washes off...Fantasy tan does have a reasonable amount of it :eek:

After the "tan" has washed off does she not develop a tan period after??

She is either using a heavy moisturiser before she comes to you or she simply is one in a million that simply doesn't tan with a spray tan.....changing solutions will not necessarily make it work.

Im a little confused though cos if the tan is washing off in the shower then the solution you apply simply hasn't entered the skin and sits on the surface possibly blocked by the moisturiser..although her bed sheets must be one hell of a mess.:eek::eek:

Does she use fabric conditioner in her washing machine ?
this will transfer silicone on to the skin and cause a barrier which would cause this to happen, hth :hug:

she says that the first shower it "washes off" which i assumed was the guide colour but then she doesnt develop a tan after this. She is basically back to her normal pale self :)
Its almost like the tan just doesnt even touch the skin :confused:
yet she says she follows the care advice exactly (even more so since i have been using her as a guinea pig with all sorts of solution strengths) i just cannot get to the bottom of it

Does she use fabric conditioner in her washing machine ?
this will transfer silicone on to the skin and cause a barrier which would cause this to happen, hth :hug:

i never thought of this. . . although would that still effect other areas like her face that wouldnt be in contact with the fabric for long?

i never thought of this. . . although would that still effect other areas like her face that wouldnt be in contact with the fabric for long?

More than likely yes,
she will be placing her hands on her clothes and then touching her face without even noticing that she is doing so,

the only other thing i can think of is it is maybe how she is washing it off,
i tell my clients to use a really gentle shower gel (the ones suitable for kids with no added oils) and to just put some in the palms of their hands and use their hands to wipe it over the body and just rinse it off with the shower then pat dry with a soft towel,
if she is rubbing her self dry she will rub off the tan, hth

well I always use fabric conditioner in my washing machine and I dont have any trouble developing a tan :eek: ?

Her face would be on her pillowcase all night. xx

Has she ever used any other type of fake tan, eg spray, cream, mousse, etc, and if so did she get a colour from them?
I used to use a tanning cream in my salon before I got my spray-tan system and the supplier advised that on people that never tan in the sun ( type 1 skin, very fair ) they would not develop a tan using the cream as they had very little natural pigment in their skin. So maybe it could be something similar if your friend is very fair?

lol me too ! lol

have you seen your friend since ?

did she have a naked tan or did she wear something that you can see even a faint tan line ?

ive gone from a 5% on a milk bottle white client upto 10%, the 5% and 8% hardly made any difference to her skin, though a faint knicker line was present, she / we are happy with the 10% - i would no way go straight in with that on someone so pale though, i do tend to start now with 8%

if she wore nothing then (someone here suggested it... great idea of which im now utilising) some heart stickers - i ask where they would like it, usually thigh and then once sprayed they can take the sticker off and they then have a patch of skin to see the change as sometimes it is hard to see a difference if you have no tan lines to compare it against

kx

well I always use fabric conditioner in my washing machine and I dont have any trouble developing a tan :eek: ?

Latest posts

Back