tantrick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgie127

Reaction score
hi geeks,
hope I am posting in the right section,
I am a home and mobile technician and I am hoping to add spray tan to my treatments some time in the near future but my problem is I am an irish geek and am having no luck finding training, I am really interested in the tantrick as I have heard so many good reports on this site ,I am hoping collin can help out and tell me if theres anywhere in southern Ireland that does training and also I have the Iwata silver jet but was looking at minimist and was wondering about the differences and also if you airbrush on tan is it slower than the minimist or am I way off the mark
any help and advice would be very much appreciated
thank you

there is a training center in Norther Ireland if thats any good details are on the website

I was hoping there would be one a little closer as northern ireland about 7hrs away from me

give collin at wow a call and he may of someone nearer as on the training site NI is the only one in Ireland at the moment but they are getting trainers on board all the time so there may be one, just not on the site yet!!!

good luck:)

hi geeks,
hope I am posting in the right section,
I am a home and mobile technician and I am hoping to add spray tan to my treatments some time in the near future but my problem is I am an irish geek and am having no luck finding training, I am really interested in the tantrick as I have heard so many good reports on this site ,I am hoping collin can help out and tell me if theres anywhere in southern Ireland that does training and also I have the Iwata silver jet but was looking at minimist and was wondering about the differences and also if you airbrush on tan is it slower than the minimist or am I way off the mark
any help and advice would be very much appreciated
thank you

I am sure there is a training centre in Northern Ireland as Tracey.

In terms of spraying with an Iwata Silver Jet it will take you much longer to spray (around 15-20 minutes I think) with a compressor and you will have a fair bit of overspray, therefore using more product. With a minimist or another HVLP (high volume, low pressure) you will be able to complete a full body spray in less than 5 minutes with minimal overspray if the unit is set correctly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help tracey will do that:)

Could you not get a flight/boat over the the UK and train over here? Maybe if you book enough in advance you would get a cheap flight.

thanks joe90 thats what I was thinking guess I will keep the Iwata just for nails!

thats a good idea!

I use the tantrick tan and have been getting on really well. I do most of my sparay tans in my sisters hair salon in the evenings which is home based, problem is i'm waiting on my own home based salon to be finished hoping few months time but my sis is having a baby and will be closing for a few weeks so for the first time i'm going to have to do it in clients home, i have a booth any tips on settings etc to help minimize overspray.
Thanks Guys
:hug::hug:

I use the tantrick tan and have been getting on really well. I do most of my sparay tans in my sisters hair salon in the evenings which is home based, problem is i'm waiting on my own home based salon to be finished hoping few months time but my sis is having a baby and will be closing for a few weeks so for the first time i'm going to have to do it in clients home, i have a booth any tips on settings etc to help minimize overspray.
Thanks Guys
:hug::hug:
Which machine are you using hun ?

Its the tc3 machine chick:hug:

I have not used that machine myself but i do know my fellow trainer NailFX (Jen) used to have that model,
if you PM her (tell her i sent you :lol:) and ask her your questions she will be able to help you out hun

Its the tc3 machine chick:hug:

I have not used that machine myself but i do know my fellow trainer NailFX (Jen) used to have that model,
if you PM her (tell her i sent you :lol:) and ask her your questions she will be able to help you out hun

I have used the tc3 and loved the machine very much. Its a workhorse and just goes and goes without any problems. I only changed due to Tantrick changing their machines (pre WOW Factors took over Tantrick) and as I was a trainer thought it would be appropriate to use the only machine that Tantrick was then selling to their customers.

It broke my heart to part with the tc3 actually... but now I am loving my new Minimist Pro which I have been using since the summer and its all good lol!!

You won't go far wrong with a Tc3, the only down side was the size of it (I used to do mobile as well as salon tans) and the weight.. it is quite hefty to pick up and put in the back of the truck.

The Minimist Pro is both lighter weight and smaller plus it is ideal for lots of salon use or mobile use.

Hi jen
thanks for your reply just worrying about doing it in clients home what with overspray any particular setting i should have it at. You see when i'm in my sisters salon i dont have to worry about that. I've actually been talking to collin about becoming a trainer for tantrick here in northern ireland and know he has a new guy on board in co.Down dont think he does training though,bit nervous to be honest as i've have not been doing as much this last while as i had a baby six months ago so keeping my hours to a minium to spend quality time with my wee chick:lol:.
Thanks for your help
Tina:hug::hug:

Hi jen
thanks for your reply just worrying about doing it in clients home what with overspray any particular setting i should have it at. You see when i'm in my sisters salon i dont have to worry about that. I've actually been talking to collin about becoming a trainer for tantrick here in northern ireland and know he has a new guy on board in co.Down dont think he does training though,bit nervous to be honest as i've have not been doing as much this last while as i had a baby six months ago so keeping my hours to a minium to spend quality time with my wee chick:lol:.
Thanks for your help
Tina:hug::hug:

There is very little overspray with the Tc3 actually. However, if you are going to a clients home I would make sure I took a booth or lay large towels down in the spraying area. I used to take 2 large black bath sheets with me which were always sufficient. I used to set my applicator to 'half past the hour' but you should always test the amount of spray on couch roll before spraying your client. The paper should be just a little damp and not falling apart wet. If you have the right consistency your overspray will be minimal and the tan will be cost effective as you will be working at optimum level. Practice before you go at getting your spray at the right consistency on couch roll. How I show my students is to hang couch roll on my spray booth (or wall) and spray down like you would on the client until you get a good even spray with no spitting or breaks in spray.

Each machine is slightly different, so I cannot tell you exactly where to turn your dial on your mist applicator.. but if you fully close it and mark it closed with a permanent marker at 12oclock.. you can always see exactly how much you have opened up to and can tweak as necessary.

Good luck.

thanks jen:hug::hug:

Latest posts

Back