tattoos on female nail techs would it turn u off from having ur nails done

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love tattoos and would have more if I had the money, but they cost a fortune these days.

My most expensive cost £98 and they are just so addictive.

Sounds like alot of people on here has tattoos which is good to hear!

Becky
x

Susie H said:
Betty boo on ankle
witch on a broom top left arm
swerly trible with dolphins top right arm
wisdom on chinease letters on inside of left forarm
5 more planed when money permits
I've never had anyone not like them and as sassy said I've had it slow me down doing nails coz peeps want to look:)

Good job I don't work at your shop!!
Large fairy on left shoulder
Dolphin and background on right shoulder
3 chinese symbols on spine
Butterfly on left hip

I eventually want all of my back doing but my husband goes berserk everytime I get one done. The fairy took 1 and a half hours but is really beautiful.

I will try to put a pic of her in my profile. If I get fed up with nails maybe go for a job in the circus!!!! My clients also ask to see my tattoos.

I dont have any tattoos (plenty of piercings, not facial though). but if i saw them on a nail tech, my thought would be what a creative and artistic tech. Would definently comment on how nice they looked.

A beauty thereapist where i work has a butterfly a little above her cleavage and she get really nice comments all the time about it.

Dont worry about it, unfortuantly you cant please everyone, but thats life.

I recently got my first tattoo, its a arm band with a big pink butterfly in the middle of tribal type swirls, i love it and couldnt see why anyone would be turned off from getting there nails done by me. :biggrin:

sorry guys.....................i hate em! still living in the dark ages you see!:eek:

if someone did me a kick ass set of nails ....would i be bothered in their tattoo's?????????????? not in the slightest!:biggrin:

I just dont like them myself !:rolleyes:

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:Love:

Becky120881 said:
I have 7 fairly large tattoos
I think If most of them are covered up I wouldn't think that people would have a problem, if the tattoos cover you head to toe people would think they were going to a tattoo parlour and not to get their nails done and I think that would them off.

Becky
x

I'm not offended by Tattoos
We have a Beauty / Nail Studio and Tattoo Parlour and it doesent put anyone off weve been very busy for 9 years and our clients are from all walks of life my clients just keep on comming in for nails Beauty and Tattoos
Take a look at our Tattoo web page
www.logans-cave.co.uk
Unfortunately I havn't got my Nails ?Beauty Web Page up yet.

Ruby

I don't have any tattoos (scared of needles...lol) and i don't have anything against them, most look lovely..in the right place. But i don't like to see them on hands and faces...same with piercings. Maybe i am just a tad old fashioned. xx

I have a tattoo at the top of my arm it is covered by my uniform for work so no probs, At home I wear strappy tops in the summer and its always on show.

Hi, I also have a large tattoo on my foot, I think that people come to you to have their nails done because of your creative nails/talent, not because of your tattoos. If your clients dont like tattoos then they need to find a nail tech that doesnt have them. Dont change who you are because of peoples perception.

Regards
Alicia

Hi i have 6 tattoo's so far & i'm planning more!! I have:

* A tribal Black dragon on my right shoulder - medium sized.
* A Tiwanese symbol on my left shoulder, which is my husbands name (IAN)
& 2 Hearts, 1 Soul in brackets underneath it- small in size.
* I have a rose, leaves & tribal design at the top of my right arm- medium
sized. You can see this slightly when i have my uniform on.
* A tribal full armband on my left arm with a butterfly design in black (might
add colour)!! - Medium Sized.
* A purple ying-yang design on my right hip- medium sized.
* A sun design with a tribal sagittarius sign on my ankle- eldest sons birth
Sign, want to get my other sons birth sign + element on my ankle also
soon!!!- Small in size.

Really want more, was worried at first that people would think i shouldn't have piercings and tattoos in this business, as i also have 15 piercings all very respectful, 7 in right ear ( 3 at the top & 4 at the bottom), 6 in the right ear ( 2 at the top & 4 at the bottom, plus my nose pierced & my belly button!!! But i've had nothing but complements & its who I am so i refuse to change my image as i feel it wouldn't be right. The only thing i do is not wear big earrings eg: hoops whem i'm doing nails etc... i'll just wear studs!!
But i love both tatts & piercings, there very addictive!!!!:biggrin:

I have a tattoo on my stomach but I personally dont like tattoo's or piercings where they are on show, places like hands, forearms, neck, chest. Just my personal opinion not meaning to offend ~ I would have no problem if my tech had them as long as she made my nails beautiful.
Good job we all have different tastes!
KxXx

i agree with nemo. also bell, it may offend certain employers and older clientele. i do know though it wouldnt worry me so long as the tech was brilliant.

nemotail said:
I have a tattoo on my stomach but I personally dont like tattoo's or piercings where they are on show, places like hands, forearms, neck, chest. Just my personal opinion not meaning to offend ~ I would have no problem if my tech had them as long as she made my nails beautiful.
Good job we all have different tastes!
KxXx

I agree hun what a boring world it would be if we were all the same

thanks so much the response's i got were very suprizing as i was not expecting as i love tattoos and i dont like covering them up i like to show them but i can do that as im not in a salon but if i was i would cover them up.. as thinking of entering them in comps.... im queit suprized that so many nail techs have tattoos gee the world is changing its not very often see see a lady with tattoos its great there just not for men:biggrin:
thanks again u have all put my mind at ease

it wouldnt put me off, i havent got any (bit soft lol) but if they are nice to look at then fairy snuff...aslong as the nails you were doing were as nice them.... get as many as you want x

I personally think that the tattoos have nothing to do with quality of your work, but there some that would prejudge you for your tattoos so be aware of your environment your working in.

I have about 7 tattoos and I have my nose, lip, tragus and tongue pierced. I recently took out the piercing and only had 1 client say that they were glad I took out the piercings.... Its your talent, not your look. ( i only took out the piercings beacause I didn't want my baby to pull them....:Scared:

Ok, holding my pillow up because I contradict myself and am protecting myself from flying objects, lol

I DO want a tatoo.
I want it on the small of my back where people will only see it if I chose.
I don't want it on the shoulder or ankle or whatever because I feel it would detract from a 'classy' outfit, although tatoos are far more mainstream than they ever were.

I do NOT think that people wearing tatoos have no class.
I do NOT think that women wearing tats are trash.
I do NOT think a gazillion other negative things that might be thought by those who do not like tatoos.
I DO sincerely like/love tatoos and the only reason I dont have one.. I keep chickening out. :sad:

By the same token, I guess I - like many people- have an image in my head of what Professional in any career would look like.
They would not have a tattoo
Or big cork things in their earlobes
or spikey hair
or tongue peircings..
and although these things have NOTHING to do with one's skills or professionalism.. society has a 'picture' in their head of what professional looks like?
Keep in mind.... I used to work in an investment firm and myself, wore 300$ 2 or 3 piece suits to work and highheels.
soooooo this does have some bearing on my own ummm 'comfort zones' or opinions??

That said: would I choose not to get my nails done by a tech with a tattoo?
Not, that would not deter me.

HOWEVER, if their 'look' just didn't strike me as 'professional' in the way that I'm accustomed to.. I might not go see him/her.

please dont hit me too hard :-(

most of my tattoos are covered by clothing, but i have one on my wrist that isnt but it doesnt bother me as it is not massive or rude etc, it is just a small rose
i dont have a problem with tattoos, i have more or a problem is the tech wasnt trained:Scared: as that would effect me directly

I have a tattoo I dont cover it up I had it to be shown not hidden, I have had no problems with any clients disliking it I think that we are artistic people and a few tattoo's wont change that.

Latest posts

Back