tattoos on female nail techs would it turn u off from having ur nails done

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell

Reaction score
I would like opinions pls on this subject as u know im female well the last time i checked:lol: and i have 6 tattoos on my body
1. rose on bust
2.betty boop on leg
3. heart on right shoulder with mum dad & kids names
4. butterfly on the back of my neck
5. bee on my hand
6. THE LATEST 1 ... 2 flamingos on my right shoulder.

would these put u off my having some one with tattoos do your nails and all that comes with it,what would be ur concerns or worries as i am planning on getting more none of them are evil they are all quite pleaseant..
thanks for ur help
bell:green:

Ive got tatoos and never ahd anyone comment on them while i doign nails but then i dont blatently show them off i do wear a uniform and they only peak out of the edges.

I too have tattoos but not on show....personally I dont like to see huge tattoos on women on show but then again these days they are nicer, but NO it wouldnt put me off having my nails done after all its the talent of the technician I would be interested in and not how many tatoos she or he has.

No it would not put me off! I can not see why it should I have a couple which I wish I did not have!!!!!! I do not show them off the one that might sometimes just peep out is the one around my arm but I am sure most people do not know I have it!!!!

Caz xxx

I have 3, one on each of the inside of my ankles, one on my hip, never had any complaints.:biggrin:

I have 7 fairly large tattoos, the biggest ones covering most of my legs, but I have all of mine in places that are covered apart from a samll rose om my wrist.

I think If most of them are covered up I wouldn't think that people would have a problem, if the tattoos cover you head to toe people would think they were going to a tattoo parlour and not to get their nails done and I think that would them off.

Becky
x

I have 7 tattoos, but they are mainly covoured apart from one at the topmof my arm, but then that isnt really visible.

It deffo wouldnt put me off or peircings cos i really really like them

Amanda

it wouldnt be a problem for me, but then i too am a tattooed lady. presumably you are not doing peoples nails in the nude, so i guess they are mostly covered. new clients are not going to know you are tatooed, so as long as you can sit them down and keep them there long enough to dazzle them with your nail skills i dont see a problem. i should think that as long as you get them back in for their next appointment then your question has been answered, they like your nails and your ink has not put them off.

i also have 5 tattoos
me personally wouldnt take offence...nail technicians are artistic people and alot of us show that by tattoo's and body piercings it is how we express our selves artistically also alot of us have wacky hair and colours...we are in an artistic industry....some people may take offence but these days it is probably unusuall to find someone without tattoos or piercings of some sort....so body art is widely acceptable today

angel fingers said:
presumably you are not doing peoples nails in the nude, so i guess they are mostly covered.

:biggrin: Now there's a thought to get the male clients into the salon.:biggrin:

:sad: sori, I think I just lowered the tone of the thread:biggrin: :Love:

grafxgal said:
:biggrin: Now there's a thought to get the male clients into the salon.:biggrin:

:sad: sori, I think I just lowered the tone of the thread:biggrin: :Love:

give it a go then and let us know how you do !:lol:

angel fingers said:
give it a go then and let us know how you do !:lol:

ROFL.....not with my body..........they'd be running away from the salon, NOT to it:lol: .

It would not put me off at all. I would love a tattoo myself but I'm way too much of a coward!

i think that some people may be offended but you can't please everyone can you?

If you cover most of them up with your clothes and stuff they won't be seen anyway.

I think that people are stereotyped way too much, just because you have tattoos it doesn't turn you into a thug/monster or whatever. Be proud of your tattoos they are what make you you and it maay be a fantastic talking point instead of...

'so, where are you off on your holidays this year?' !!!!

I worked alongside someone with loads of tattoos once. The only thing was that it slowed her down sometimes as her clients wanted to see them!!!

u will ALWAYS get some people that would be offended!!

i have a tattoo on my back but its always covered. my mum hates it - she doesnt understand its my way of showing my artisitc side.
personally it wouldnt bother me - looks mean nothing - why should it matter if the nail tech had tattoos/piercings or not - at the end of the day (and i hate that saying) its good quality nails the client is after and as long as they get a good service i can't see a problem whether the nail tech has a tattoo or not.

I suppose it might also come down to which salon you work in. I'm the proud owner of 2 tattoos, arm and small of my back, and a small piercing that happens to be through the top of the bridge of my nose...it's small & pretty imo, but its given me problems on the job front in the past, though this was'nt for salon work.
I think these days, MOST people accept you on the merit of the work your producing, but others will be snotty/disgusted/perturbed by your artistic expression.

i've got 3, all of which are covered. the only problem that i could see if working with senior citizens or people who are very old fashioned. (thinking of my grandmother here, she HATED it when i got my tongue pierced)

I have 4 tattoos and I love them all.
The are all covered for 90% of the time, the only one that is really seen id the one on the top of my back....i love to wear halter neck tops to show it off! I had the original design done just over a year ago and when my daughter was born i had it modified slightly with different colours and then added my husbands name above it and her name below it.

The very first one I had done was on my right hip and it 'mum' and 'dad' next to it (as I was only 16 at the time I thought it would help to soften the shock!!!!)

I then had a floral design on the bottom of my back which I designed myself...it took ages to design but it is absolutely gorgeous!

The last two I had done at the same time which I thought was very brave considering i find them a bit painful (i must admit for the one i my back i took some topical anaesthetic with me to reduce the pain a bit!!)

I personally wouldn't be bothered about someone offering me a service and them having tattoos and stuff.

It shouldn't matter what people look like - its the job that they do which is important.

I always were black when I am working - this is usually because by the end of the day i'm covered in Permanent Cosmetics Pigment!!!! I work with various salons around the South East and yesterday I was dropping off some promotional stuff for a few of them and for the first time ever I went out to work in jeans and a shirt....now i wouldn't do this when i working with clients but all day i felt strange but to be honest i shouldn't have felt that way as i was in the car all day driving from salon to salon!!

Betty boo on ankle
witch on a broom top left arm
swerly trible with dolphins top right arm
wisdom on chinease letters on inside of left forarm
5 more planed when money permits
I've never had anyone not like them and as sassy said I've had it slow me down doing nails coz peeps want to look:)

Latest posts

Back