Tell me something surprising about yourself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is quite an interesting thread and it is enjoyable reading about people and thier lives....and the odd thing or two that may well be surprising.

As for myself,i have led an unconventional life to some but for me quite normal.

You see although i was born a male physically i cforrected my birth gender to female.I was born transgendered,and also if that was not enough Klinefelter's syndrome is a condition that i inherited somehow genetically.

The long and short of it is that i have an extra X chromosome,so i i should be wonder woman!!!

I transitioned early in life,when i was 18,and had surgery by the time i was in my eraly 20,s.I had breast augmentation in Paris,and then my GRS surgery in London in the mid 90s....

Prior to surgery i always had a conception of myself as female,just did not have the parts to match my brain....after all gender is not identified between the legs,but between the ears:idea:

I had support from my family,and especially my grandmother....but i moved away from home at 18....thought i knew better...went to France and Italy....worked a "colourful" lifestyle,and funded the money for my surgery.

I now work with transitioning transgendered people and act as a lifestyle coach and help trans people ease into society....shopping going out...and all kinds of beauty wether it be make up skin or nails.

I choose not to live in stealth...just because i am a trans woman does not mean i have to hide who i am....some choose to hide thier past....i do not....

I believe in educating people who are willing to listen.

I am a succesful woman with a linguistics degree and intend on starting a post graduate degree in Speech and Language therapy this Autumn,part time while i continue to teach.

There have been alot of trans people who have died and been murdered just for being themselves.

I hope that you can see for yourself that we as trans people do not need to justify something that happened at conception and to recognise that we do not have a mental disorder but a condition in the part of the brain that sees ourselves as male or female.
YouTube - Transgender : I Have a Dream

For those of you who know me you know this is not surprising....but i am proud of who i am:hug:
May those who have passed to spirit rest in peace xx

Thank you for sharing the story of your amazing life! :hug:

I am a breast cancer survivor.

My Auntie and Husbands Step Mother are both in remission at the moment, glad to read that you are a survivor :hug:

Well here goes..

I was born on my Grandfathers birthday.

I have no idea who my biological father is, I worked it out for myself at 8 years old that the person my Mum was married to was not my Dad. I asked my Mum the truth at 21 and she told me she did not want to talk about it. I am estranged from them both as my upbringing was not ideal and I was a sufferer of mental and physical abuse during my childhood. recently my Uncle told me the truth (after wanting to tell me for years) but sadly none of my family know who he is :confused:

I don't want to have children (because of the above) but have two wonderful stepsons of 18 and 16 :)

Margaret Tyzack the actress who was recently in Easternders as Janine Butchers Nan and who had been in many films like a A Clockwork Orange & 2001 a Space Odyssey was my Great Aunt. this is her impressive IMDP page IMDb - Margaret Tyzack

Michelle

I am a Scout leader and am in my element when we are at camp sitting round camp fire singing songs :o my friends know this but none of you do untill now lol

No one knows this one tho i have a bald spot at this side of my head about the size of a 50p piece!! it suddenly appeared when i was in my teens and is still as smooth as a babies bottom!!!

oh and i work with a well known welsh rugby players gran and regularly see his parents tho as yet have not met him :cry:

I've lost 100 lbs.

:eek: you are soooo incredible. i had no idea you are a breast cancer survivor. i feel like i need to come to florida so we can just go to coffee and talk. really! :green:

I have a fur baby too. a ten year old Minature Schnauzer called Ziggy :)

my fur babies are my world! every time i go in my room and see them, my heart gets all warm and i just have to pick them up and smother them with kisses! and whenever i see my doggie, which is rare because he's having a midlife crisis and being super grumpy lately, i always pick him up and give his belly kisses.

i love my babies so much it gives me goosebumps!

I stabbed my brother in the head with a three pronged garden tool when I was younger. It was an accident! I also glued my eye together with false nail glue as got it mixed up with my optrex eye drops. Six hours in casualty later, and I was all good !!!

I am a Scout leader and am in my element when we are at camp sitting round camp fire singing songs :o my friends know this but none of you do untill now lol

No one knows this one tho i have a bald spot at this side of my head about the size of a 50p piece!! it suddenly appeared when i was in my teens and is still as smooth as a babies bottom!!!

oh and i work with a well known welsh rugby players gran and regularly see his parents tho as yet have not met him :cry:

I'm intrigued! Which Welsh Rugby player??? I was born in England and lived here all my life but my blood (and my head) is all Welsh :D

Not sure if I have anything surprising...
I am a grid girl (I frequenty walk around in high heels and hot pants and of course a team shirt) and love motorbike racing, and there's lots of photos of my bum all over the Internet lol! Is that surprising?
Rhiannon x

my fur babies are my world! every time i go in my room and see them, my heart gets all warm and i just have to pick them up and smother them with kisses! and whenever i see my doggie, which is rare because he's having a midlife crisis and being super grumpy lately, i always pick him up and give his belly kisses.

i love my babies so much it gives me goosebumps!

I have two fur babies also. Zachy is 8, Cooper 7. They are my world too and the absolute best thing to happen to my life. I just love them so very much and I kiss their bellies too!
I just can't get enough of them. It takes me so very long to get into the shower or do anything around the house really as I have to keep going back up to them and smothering them with love and kisses.

When I pass on I've asked my friends to cremate me, as I will with both my boys, then I want our ashes thrown together so our bodies will be joined.

I'm learning to fly a plane!!!

I have a serious phobia of clowns and spiders.
I suffer very badly with Endometriosis and before I had my son, Poly cystic Ovaries. Was told I would never have children as I was in such a bad way and was even told I might need a hysterectomy. 7 years of miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy, and losing twins after IVF we believed it. Then after 3 months of giving up all hope I fell pregnant with my son :Love:
My Mum and Dad used to hang around with Elton John before he was famous, he dropped them as soon as he did become famous.
My brother used to go to Simon Le Bon's house for tea when he was a schoolboy many moons ago :D

Some truly amazing stories and facts here :hug: What an inspiring bunch of people you are xxxx

Planky1 - your story is very inspirational, I also suffer badly with endometriosis, my symptoms started at 13, I have had a few ops and had different medications and various pain killers. I have also been warned having a family may be difficult as one of my ovaries had been found to have quite a few spots on. I also have other problems which will make starting a family harder, I often feel like the odds are stacked against us but hearing your story gives me hope. Xx

For my fifith birthday my husband bought me tank driving lessons. I can now drive a Chieftan Tank, an armoured personell carrier, and an Abbots Self Propelled Gun. I had a fabulous time :) x

Wow some truely inspiring stories on here! What an excellent post :)

I got severe IBS at the age of 16, its still unbeliavably bad even now!
Told i couldnt have kids at the age of 18
Have a cyst on my ovary and endometriosis
Found out im dyslexic when i went to uni at the age of 20
Have had many allergic reactions to medications and nuts!
The worst of it has been this year....
I was diagnosed woth fibromyalgia. It has changed my whole life. I cannot walk properly with out my knees having supports on them. I can only manage a few hours of work a day. Its been a rollercoaster and to top it all off got sacked from my job for being disabled. I was a DNA anaylst and have now retrained in small bursts as a nail techy.

A good story to lighten the mood :) ....
I am due to marry the man of my dreams in December :green:
I met him whilst being engaged to his best friend. lol
We got together about 6 years ago... were together for 3 years and then split up for 3 years!! At the beginning of this year we got back in touch and we decided we just couldnt be with out each other! So decided what the hell lets get married, booked the date within the first month!! :green:

xxxx

i had a little boy last summer @ 41 yrs young against all the odds, now have gorgeous daughter age 12 and little harry 1 - one of each :)

i lived in france and spain during my childhood, speak fluent french but cant remember a word of spanish

im distantly related to actor andy garcia and met him and one of his sons when on holiday in cuba at another relatives home, also related to a famous spanish/french sports comentator alexandre ruiz - although he will only be known to anyone living in france or spain i guess - google image him he's quite a hottie, lol

Last edited:
i had a little boy last summer @ 41 yrs young against all the odds, now have gorgeous daughter age 12 and little harry 1 - one of each :)

i lived in france and spain during my childhood, speak fluent french but cant remember a word of spanish

im distantly related to actor andy garcia and met him and one of his sons when on holiday in cuba at another relatives home, also related to a famous spanish/french sports comentator alexandre ruiz - although he will only be known to anyone living in france or spain i guess - google image him he's quite a hottie, lol

Well, my mum had me when she was 41, many moons ago... congratulations on little Harry though!

Well, my mum had me when she was 41, many moons ago... congratulations on little Harry though!

thanks ruth, lol .. unfortunately there's an 11 yr age gap between my 2 for a reason and lots of losses and heartache in between but we got there in the end :)

When I was born I was White for the first year of my life...lol to this day when I look back I still remember my mum rubbing me down with cream to bring my colour out

Latest posts

Back