Tell me something surprising about yourself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i was about 18 months my mum took my older sister to doctors. Whilst dr was writing out her prescription I climbed onto couch. Just to humour a toddler (aah the old days!), the dr asked if i would like my chest listened to as well. So he put the stethoscope onto me, went white, called another gp in to have a listen and then - emergency ambulance to great ormond street childrens hospital for emergency heart operation!

I had PDA (patent ductus arteriosus) which should have been found at post op baby check but was missed. Funny thing is, i had absolutely no symptoms! When mum asked what would have happened if this had not been found, the reply was "probably massive fatal heard attack in teens"!.

Good God!

Hi my names colleen I had a lil boy when I was 18 who passed away from being born at 22 weeks I gave birth to him very sad but then at 20 I gave birth to a lil girl billie who was born at 25 weeks weighing half a pound absolutely tiny she spent 6 months in hospital she had a hole in her heart bleeding on the brain nearly died more time I care to think of in now 27 and she is 6 and a half and totally perfect my miracle xxxxxxxxxx

Xxx

Way too many replies, but fellow geeks, you are all amazing.

My thoughts and prayers go to the replies of pain and loss.

God bless you all x

Way too many replies, but fellow geeks, you are all amazing.

My thoughts and prayers go to the replies of pain and loss.

God bless you all x

Well said x

Another thing you didn't know about me ( okay some of you do ) is that I used to run an exotic animal rescue! Some of the animals that have been in my care include...

snakes
Geckos
Chameleons
Bearded dragons
Lots of other reptiles including a 5 foot iguana
Sugar gliders
Skunks
chinchillas
Chipmunks
lots of small furries

I am now content with my fish - Ihave 2 four foot tanks with oscars in, a massive bull nose tank room divider with goldfish and stuff in and a marine tank with Nemo fish and lots of other marine life :D xx

( pics of said animals are in my photobucket i my signature :D )

Another thing you didn't know about me ( okay some of you do ) is that I used to run an exotic animal rescue! Some of the animals that have been in my care include...

snakes
Geckos
Chameleons
Bearded dragons
Lots of other reptiles including a 5 foot iguana
Sugar gliders
Skunks
chinchillas
Chipmunks
lots of small furries

I am now content with my fish - Ihave 2 four foot tanks with oscars in, a massive bull nose tank room divider with goldfish and stuff in and a marine tank with Nemo fish and lots of other marine life :D xx

( pics of said animals are in my photobucket i my signature :D )

Another thing most of these lovely geeks won't know about you is your complete obsession with sausages lol

Jacqui xx

I just have to give some :hug: to the girls who opened up in complete honesty. Sometimes someone elses story can put your life into perspective.

I want a chipmunk! I almost bought one a while ago but my hubbie would have killed me. At the time we had a dog, 11 rabbits a hamster and 2 fish.

Another thing most of these lovely geeks won't know about you is your complete obsession with sausages lol

Jacqui xx

I'm starting to think jacqui has her own secret sausage fetish!!??? Lol x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Jacqui xx

Oi! You can't be doing that after giving out to me! ( not really but it adds to the funny :) )

After the whole polish pickers anonymous, we may now need a sausage lover anonymous........

I just have to give some :hug: to the girls who opened up in complete honesty. Sometimes someone elses story can put your life into perspective.

I want a chipmunk! I almost bought one a while ago but my hubbie would have killed me. At the time we had a dog, 11 rabbits a hamster and 2 fish.

LOL WHAT?! chipmunks are wild over here. That's weird. that'd be like someone buying a seagull!

I think the only most unknown thing about me, is that I'm a Mommy to two beautiful little Mongolian Gerbils. They're sooo precious, and I die for them!!!!! :green:

when i was 2 i tripped over the dog and landed on the corner of a coffee table and split my tongue open! i still have the scar, 2 days after i got out of hospital i tripped over the dog again and landed on the corner again this time i split the corner of my eye open haha! safe to say that the table got threw out haha!

when i was about 14 i was chasing my mum and she locked herself in the bathroom and i put my hand on the glass and tried to open the door (daft i know) and my hand went right through it! the scar i've got is in the shape of an eye!

i love sharks, i see alot of people on here hate them but they fascinate me!

terrified of butterflies and sheep!

i love watching serial killer documentary's, i love trying to understand how there mind works!

i also witnessed an attempted murder which made me agoraphobic! that was 3 years ago! and to this day, i still barely go out, if i go out i take major panic attacks, only place i go to is my boyfriends at the weekend but even then i don't leave his house.

Last edited:
Sausages hahahahaaaa

Eskimo - chipmunks here are only seen in captivity :( Our little guy was fantastic though and really friendly :D Like a squirrel but with stripes hahaha xx

Sausages named Axl. :wink2:

On one of his rare trips to the UK I met Muhammad Ali. (this was about 21 years ago.) Recently I discovered a photograph of he and I in one of his biographies.

On one of his rare trips to the UK I met Muhammad Ali. (this was about 21 years ago.) Recently I discovered a photograph of he and I in one of his biographies.

How cool is that?! He's a legend here in the U.S. We love him!

Latest posts

Back