Tell me something surprising about yourself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a fear of knee's I hate the sight of them & get sick even at the thought of anyone touching them. (this does not help when waxing)
Too many ppl I no have knee problems, can't deal with it :)

I so feel your pain!! Me too!! Not a fan of elbows either but cannot have anyone touching my knees :eek: im shuddering thinking about it!!!

This is quite an interesting thread and it is enjoyable reading about people and thier lives....and the odd thing or two that may well be surprising.

As for myself,i have led an unconventional life to some but for me quite normal.

You see although i was born a male physically i cforrected my birth gender to female.I was born transgendered,and also if that was not enough Klinefelter's syndrome is a condition that i inherited somehow genetically.

The long and short of it is that i have an extra X chromosome,so i i should be wonder woman!!!

I transitioned early in life,when i was 18,and had surgery by the time i was in my eraly 20,s.I had breast augmentation in Paris,and then my GRS surgery in London in the mid 90s....

Prior to surgery i always had a conception of myself as female,just did not have the parts to match my brain....after all gender is not identified between the legs,but between the ears:idea:

I had support from my family,and especially my grandmother....but i moved away from home at 18....thought i knew better...went to France and Italy....worked a "colourful" lifestyle,and funded the money for my surgery.

I now work with transitioning transgendered people and act as a lifestyle coach and help trans people ease into society....shopping going out...and all kinds of beauty wether it be make up skin or nails.

I choose not to live in stealth...just because i am a trans woman does not mean i have to hide who i am....some choose to hide thier past....i do not....

I believe in educating people who are willing to listen.

I am a succesful woman with a linguistics degree and intend on starting a post graduate degree in Speech and Language therapy this Autumn,part time while i continue to teach.

There have been alot of trans people who have died and been murdered just for being themselves.

I hope that you can see for yourself that we as trans people do not need to justify something that happened at conception and to recognise that we do not have a mental disorder but a condition in the part of the brain that sees ourselves as male or female.
YouTube - Transgender : I Have a Dream

For those of you who know me you know this is not surprising....but i am proud of who i am:hug:
May those who have passed to spirit rest in peace xx

I had to stop watching this its just too awful I had a murder in my family which I wont go into but its devastating that this happens in todays society murder is evil and cruel enough on its own but when the motivation is for being yourself it somehow seems evan worse ... im glad you are such an inspiration and proud of who you are - you should be!:hug:

Your all so brave, strong, confident and I am proud to have you as fellow geeks!!

I got hit by a bus (while in a car) when I was 16, broken pelvis 6 places, broken left wrist, right collar bone, internal bleeding, fluid on the lungs...they thought it was game over!!
9 months later I finished my nvq2 beauty at college and got awarded student of the year (while half of it I was in a wheelchair)

X

wow!!Good for you!:)

I was on Where There's Life with Miriam Stoppard when I was a goofy 11 year old with terrible bunches and a dress my Grandma had made.....I will find some picures....
I hate the tops of tomatoes because they look like spiders
I met Princess Diana who was lovely
The first baby I delivered was the daughter of Stevie V (famous for a song called Dirty Cash in 1990ish). Her name is Tanisha...20 years later she finds me on facebook and makes me feel really old. She's now a musician herself, maybe we'll record together one day.
I sing in a wedding and corporate function band
My godson is a west end musical theatre star
I walked around on a fractured pelvis for 6 months popping ibuprofen before another fall in the bath sent me to the hospital.
I am a cervical cancer survivor and can therefore only have fur babies

Loving this thread x

:hug: fur babies are the best I have2! ... pics please!!x

Well said x

ditto!:hug: to all - inspirational and hillarious I love our little community its so nice to find more out about each other!!xxxx

Planky1 - your story is very inspirational, I also suffer badly with endometriosis, my symptoms started at 13, I have had a few ops and had different medications and various pain killers. I have also been warned having a family may be difficult as one of my ovaries had been found to have quite a few spots on. I also have other problems which will make starting a family harder, I often feel like the odds are stacked against us but hearing your story gives me hope. Xx

NEVER give up hope :wink2: I still suffer very badly now, have had a total of 10 operations since 2003, due to have another but really not got the time right now. It can be possible. Best advice I can give you? Don't think about it, don't "try" to fall pregnant. It was when we gave up hope that I fell, stress of thinking you can't and won't ever have a baby has a massive impact, just try and relax. Wishing you all the best and hoping it happens for you soon xxxxx

I am loving this thread!!!

I used to shoot for the hampshire and isle of wight cadet shooting team, and had the best grouping with an SA80 rifle in the whole of the hants and IOW army cadets force. :)

Loving all of the stories on here. very inspiring.

NEVER give up hope :wink2: I still suffer very badly now, have had a total of 10 operations since 2003, due to have another but really not got the time right now. It can be possible. Best advice I can give you? Don't think about it, don't "try" to fall pregnant. It was when we gave up hope that I fell, stress of thinking you can't and won't ever have a baby has a massive impact, just try and relax. Wishing you all the best and hoping it happens for you soon xxxxx

Thanks!
We are not trying at the mo, I currently have a mirena coil which has stopped my monthly cycle, it has been a real godsend as I can now lead a normal life unlike before when it was at it's worse. I have only had a few ops but have never felt that they've helped much and have actually made some things worse. I hope you get the chance to have your next op soon and it all goes well. I will bare your advise in mind as I'm sure we will be trying in the next year or so.
Xx

This is a fab thread.....and very inspiring...

Some mind-numbing facts about me:

The "kinda" Good:
I have a BA in Footwear Design and own about 350-400 pairs of shoes
I also have a NVQ in Digital Photography - Miss Chievous Photography on FB (yet a day job as a PA in financial services!)
I sing in a 50s rhythm & blues band (even though I don't think i'm very good!!)
I have a fabulous 1950's vintage clothing and accessories collection which takes up my whole wardrobe
I've been a film extra in numerous period TV/film productions, not massively famous ones, but such as Last of the Blonde Bombshells (with Judy Dench), The Blonde Bombshell (Keeley Hawes), Last Orders (Michael Caine) and Shoreditch (Shane Richie). I was one of the main dancers in all of them (awesome fun times with lots of friends)
I play roller derby with a team called Hertfordshire Hells Belles Roller Girls, AKA Lil Red Rockin Hood
I recently skated a 26 mile marathon on ROLLER SKATES in 3 hours and 3 mins and raised £800 for charity, with no training.
I am half polish and a quarter flemish!

The "Not So Good":
I have ZERO confidence in myself and anything i do and have a serious dislike for myself (even saying i have a fab vintage clothing collection feels wrong!) and I suffer with depression and Borderline Personality Disorder (the world see's a complete facade which makes me feel like a fraud :o)
I watched my soul mate drown when i was 18 and still haven't gotten over it (all of my teens were hideous which is probs why i'm a little screwed up now!) but 12 years on i'm still close to his family.

This is a fab thread.....and very inspiring...

Some mind-numbing facts about me:

The "kinda" Good:
I have a BA in Footwear Design and own about 350-400 pairs of shoes
I also have a NVQ in Digital Photography - Miss Chievous Photography on FB (yet a day job as a PA in financial services!)
I sing in a 50s rhythm & blues band (even though I don't think i'm very good!!)
I have a fabulous 1950's vintage clothing and accessories collection which takes up my whole wardrobe
I've been a film extra in numerous period TV/film productions, not massively famous ones, but such as Last of the Blonde Bombshells (with Judy Dench), The Blonde Bombshell (Keeley Hawes), Last Orders (Michael Caine) and Shoreditch (Shane Richie). I was one of the main dancers in all of them (awesome fun times with lots of friends)
I play roller derby with a team called Hertfordshire Hells Belles Roller Girls, AKA Lil Red Rockin Hood
I recently skated a 26 mile marathon on ROLLER SKATES in 3 hours and 3 mins and raised £800 for charity, with no training.
I am half polish and a quarter flemish!

The "Not So Good":
I have ZERO confidence in myself and anything i do and have a serious dislike for myself (even saying i have a fab vintage clothing collection feels wrong!) and I suffer with depression and Borderline Personality Disorder (the world see's a complete facade which makes me feel like a fraud :o)
I watched my soul mate drown when i was 18 and still haven't gotten over it (all of my teens were hideous which is probs why i'm a little screwed up now!) but 12 years on i'm still close to his family.

Sounds like you should write a book hon, you sound like a fascinating and complex lady x

I can't think of a single thing about me that would be either surprising or of any interest to anyone lol

Nat x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I've been held-up at gun point twice.

Jacqui xx

Red - well you sound totally fabulous to me... have you ever tried hypnosis for confidence?

Paul McKennas book and cd is fabulous!

Ohhh Jacqueline tell us more!!

I worked in a small post office with two other ladies, and one day a man in a balaclava came in with a gun and a dorothy perkins bag and told me to put all the money from the safe in it.

A lovely old gent tackled him and he finally ran off.

The second time was a busy Thursday (pensions day) and I looked up to see a masked man dressed in black with a sawn off shot gun pointing at me and a sledge hammer in his other hand.

He told me to open my door or he would break it down with the sledge hammmer. So I let him in.

In the meantime there was a 2nd man who had the shop manager face down on the floor with a gun to the back of his head and a 3rd man at the door stopping the customers from leaving. And a 4th man in the getaway vehicle just outside.

It was chaos on the shop floor but I was in my own 'story' with my robber.

I opened the door and he came in and said 'where's all the money, I know you've had a delivery this morning'.

I told him it was in the safe and he told me to open it. He told me not to be scared he wasn't going to hurt me. And funnily enough I wasn't actually scared after that.

He took all the money form the safe and off they all went.

Two minutes later he came bursting in the shop again banging on my door and said 'I forgot my sledge hammer where is it?' We both had a look around for it and found it. He thanked me and off he went.

There were loads of police and a TV crew buzzing around for what felt like ages and I was on TV that evening.

I left after that!! Once was pretty scary but the second one was professional and the last straw.

So beauty clients coming in and demanding a refund wouldn't really faze me these days lol

It's maybe not as exciting as some of the other but I am a pole dancer :)

You should go to classes, its so fun!

One of my clients is a pole fitness instuctor & keeps trying to get me to come to her classes!! I've got as far as looking in her pole studio!!!

Serioulsy, go. You will enjoy it, for all shapes, sizes, ages. You start of easy and work your way up to the harder stuff. :)

Latest posts

Back