Tell me something surprising about yourself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a previous job I stripped 600 firemen!

My 2 front teeth are false, when I was 8 I went down a hill on my face instead of my bike. All because my brother "fixed" my brakes!

I am a hairdresser who gave up work to raise a family, needed something else to keep me on my toes so trained and qualified as a gas safe registered gas engineer, completed my exams in 1 day when everyone else took 2 days, got apprentice of the year, just opened a hairdressing and beauty salon and can sort my own plumbing :)

In a previous job I stripped 600 firemen!

?????? Lol

My brother was adopted as a baby and I didn't meet him untill 2006 when he found my mum through another relative on friends reunited, 35 years after his adoption!

I've got a major phobia of melons
(Im getting goose bump and feel sick just writing the word) x x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

i had my ears pinned back in 2008 best thing i ever done dont tell many people incase they stare lol
im additced to chinese food!!!! yum lol
x

I wanted a "particular" new car, hubby said there was nothing wrong with my old car, so I took in ironing for 3 years, saved every penny and bought myself a BRAND NEW Cream Convertible Beetle - that will serve him right for telling me I cant have something - I love my car :)

Fab thread :hug:

I have moved house 7 times in 3 years and have bought another 3 that are rented out, in those 3 years I had a little baby who was born with her bowel on the outside of his tummy and had surgery that night. Traveled 1,5 hours there and back everyday for 8 weeks to see her as they couldn't put me up. 1 year later I got married to her daddy and her was our little bridesmaid

6months later find out we are expecting baby number 2 and over the moon. Got to 11 weeks pregnant and was at home with my little girl when I was reduced to the floor with pain and couldn't find my phone to ring my hubby, finally found it and my dad and hubby rushed home to me and called an ambulance if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here today I had an ectopic pregnancy and my left tube had burst and was told how lucky I am to be here.

A year later and a miracle happens I'm pregnant again with a little boy he is now 5 months old, but as you can see I can't do things simply he has a hole in her heart but nothing to worry about iv been told. I use to worry what people think etc but now I don't care I take each day as it comes and love my life and family. Hopefully I had my streak of bad look and all good news from now. :)

Lovely reading all your story's x

I have a identical twin . We had twin to twin transfusion were born prematurely 6 weeks early Leah weighing under 2 pound and my self just being under 3 pound . Leah had to have emergency open heart surgery at great Ormand street hospital while I had to have a blood transfusion shed taken most of my blood and she had too much pumping around her body causing heart defect . 21 years on she battled on . Was told never to go
Rollercoasters and many other things . She's done everything and survived everything . My parents didn't want to treat us different . Leah was told she would need a heart valve operation when she hit her teens but baffled them when her heart was coping more than it should . At age of 20 fell pregnant unexpectedly and advised to terminate because of the strain t would cause . She's now had him and has had her valve replacement and well and fit !!! Think she takes my energy as I'm the lazy one lol !!! Sorry for dragging on but that's my random story haha . Xx

Happyfeet #79. omg the baked bean thing is exactly the same as me, I can't look at them, I have thrown sauce pans away after my other half has cooked baked beans in them cos a can't physically deal with them (I get the microwavable snap pots now, exactly one portion, expensive as hell though)
And why the hell is it other people chase you round, I've always had this!
Oh and I have to turn the tv off when the advert comes on where people have put left overs in the fridge in egg cups and stuff!

Anyway, interesting stuff about me!

I use to work in a wedding dress shop and the day of my interview aged 17 I went home and told my mum that I'd found the dress I'd get married in (at the time I was never going to get married) I'm getting married in October and the exact dress is hung in my wardrobe waiting for the big day, it will of been over 8 years since I first clamped eyes on it!

Peter shilton use to live up my road.

I partied in Cornwall with Katie prices ex boyfriend he also dated Jodie marsh and was on the front of all the gossip mags that week.

I got to the final of the uk pimp my ride on MTV, my car was the reserve incase anyone pulled out or crashed. Sadly no one did so I wasn't pimped, one of the winners lied about his circumstances but this wasn't discovered until after his car was done, if he'd been honest I would of been on. During the process I went to the MTV studios in Camden, I sat in seat and the last person to sit there had been pharell Williams!

I cut Edward Woodward's daughters hair a few years back while he was on Eastenders, I didn't know who she was until she had left but she was really lovely.

Can't think of anything else. X

I flew a chipmunk aeroplane with the RAF as a cadet when I was 16 and was alowed to take control to do a loop the loop and barrel roll! I've always loved roller coasters but that was sooo much better.

I've dislocated my knees 4 times and twice I managed to push them back in myself! (sorry kmmmh58!)

Ahhh i've also dislocated my knees around 5 times each and had to push them back in it's horrible! :eek:

What a great thread :D

I was on the programme fun house when i was younger

When i was 14 i was a size 16 and in 12 weeks i got down to a size 8 (all down to my mum making me walk to school and giving me soup and a sandwich for lunch lol) Wish i could get down to a size 8 now, the joys of having kids :p

I almost drowned when i was 9 and have a really big fear about going under water now and hate swimming

I have a fear of rodents

I moved out of my family home when i was 14 to stay and take care of my grandma and moved into my own flat when i was 16 (very independent women hehe)

Before i got into beauty, when i was 17 (almost 18) i started working as a secretary in a very very big insurance firm and they sacked me when i became pregnant with my little girl, well i took them to court for unfair dismissal and got a nice amount of money for all the stress they caused me ha :)

Last edited:
My 2 front teeth are false, when I was 8 I went down a hill on my face instead of my bike. All because my brother "fixed" my brakes!

That happend to me too!! Bloody brothers!!!!! X

i was a benny hill girl haha years back. im a black belt kickboxer, and i invented the hands free hairdryer in the 80s . and love glamping xx and lashing

i was a benny hill girl haha years back. im a black belt kickboxer, and i invented the hands free hairdryer in the 80s . and love glamping xx and lashing

Wow!! :eek::)

I have recently started playing the flute again. Did grade 5 when I was 15, then was busy being a stroppy teenager and going out up to no good and gave up. I still played occasionally later on when I was at college, just for fun, then two years ago I decided to start it up properly. I put myself through grade 6 when I was 30, grade 7 when I was 31. I've been having lessons again for just over a year after a 17 year absence and doing grade 8 next month, eeek!

I have recently started playing the flute again. Did grade 5 when I was 15, then was busy being a stroppy teenager and going out up to no good and gave up. I still played occasionally later on when I was at college, just for fun, then two years ago I decided to start it up properly. I put myself through grade 6 when I was 30, grade 7 when I was 31. I've been having lessons again for just over a year after a 17 year absence and doing grade 8 next month, eeek!

I am SO impressed; as I posted earlier I had saxophone lessons for 12 years and only have grade 1. To be fair to my teacher I did get that early on, but found the experience so terrifying that I refused to go in for any more!
Grade 8 though; brilliant....

I played professional racquetball and fastpitch softball.

My first school was Corona academy stage school of arts from the age of 5 until the age of 8.
I'm in fiddler on the roof, a couple of hammer house of horror stories. The persuaders and far to many adverts to remember. I was on a giant bill board in the middle of London for ages seen sitting on a giant wheat a bix. My first boyfriend was Russel Lewis, he played young Whinston Churchill in the film about his life. Russel grew up to be a doctor. My god father owned the first private car hire company in London, before him it was just black cabs.
I've moved home 15 times and lived in 4 countries.
My first job was on a fair ground at a spooky haunted house. I was so scared of the dark that I never went inside it even though I worked there for 3 summers. Now, I can't sleep unless the room is completely dark! I have to have black out blinds at the windows:biggrin:
I used to have a timber wolf for a family pet.

Latest posts

Back