Test your Beauty Knowledge............

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oops! forgot to say its to regulate heat...minds gone blank somethin to do with heat???

where are the eccrine glands found ??

all over the body except pubic areas where apocrine glands are found. they excrete waste such as salts,and urea.predominant in palms of hands and sloes of feet.:|

arector pili muscle I hope or I shall be goin back to college hehe x

the sebaceous gland is attached to the hair follicle.this secretes sebum, but the arrector pili does help control heat by causing the hair to contract and retain heat, xx:)

Why do muscles go in to spasams which could be very painful?:)

Erythema is redness and irritation of the skin, usually happens after waxing etc!
Blue nials can be a heart condition or an underlying illness which beauty therapists can recognise but cannot diagnose (better left to the experts)
The patella is the knee cap. Millia is white spots on the skin cause by blocked poures but can also be a sign of dehydration and is usually found around the eyes.:)

Why do muscles go in to spasams which could be very painful?:)
Repetitive Nerve Impulses causing involentary muscle contractions?

Name 2 conditions which causes facial hair growth on women.

1 - Pregnancy
2 - Menopause
(damn those hormones!)

What is the technical name for the cheekbone?

1 - Pregnancy
2 - Menopause
(damn those hormones!) - 100%:)

What is the technical name for the cheekbone?

Zygomatic

well done andrea!
whats malar?? is it another name for the cheekbone?

Got another one,

muscle tissue makes up 50% of our body weight, but what makes up 20% of that muscle tissue?

well done andrea!

Yep it is - says so in my book!! :green:

Well we learn something new every day! :D

well done andrea!

Got another one,

muscle tissue makes up 50% of our body weight, but what makes up 20% of that muscle tissue?
really late at night so sorry if I am wrong but is it fluid/water? :green:

Off to bed now so look forward to a tick :green: but not a cross :eek:

Sorry hun it's protein, water makes up 75% the other 5% is mineral salts, fat and glycogen

xxx

Sorry hun it's protein, water makes up 75% the other 5% is mineral salts, fat and glycogen

xxx

I thought it was water too!

Next question:

What are the stages of hair growth?
Hello all
I was on a medical site earlier (forgot which one- sorry) and there is a fourth phase or cycle of hair growth that has recently been recognised

Ketogen - This is when the follicle is empty.

Ketogen is after the Telogen stage and before the Anagen hair is visible on the scalp.

Hope this helps.
:cool:

Hello all
I was on a medical site earlier (forgot which one- sorry) and there is a fourth phase or cycle of hair growth that has recently been recognised

Ketogen - This is when the follicle is empty.

Ketogen is after the Telogen stage and before the Anagen hair is visible on the scalp.

Hope this helps.
:cool:
Dont you mean CATAGEN???Anagen,catagen and telogen

Hi yea i lso read recently that there is indeed a fourth stage of hair growth. Although aparently there and many stages we aren't aware of, don't know if that is right of not but thats what a tutor told me!:hug:

what is the real name for the muscle just under the chin

Latest posts

Back