The Bandages are off - Geek UNLEASHED!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The site now does a far better job at remembering what you have and havent read. Though it cant remember everysinglefreaking post, it will remember quite a few. So if you dont have time to read all the posts between your visitns, clicking New Posts will still bring up those that you havent read even though they may not have been updated since your last login.

PS: Chat rooms running now (though the menu is a bit freaky ;) )

wow this is super cool!!

Loving the new look Sam, very sleek.

Keep it coming.

hugs.
xxx

hey sam

private messages is listed at the top - any chance of having new messages in bold ?? i keep missing that i have new messages

also,loving that i can hover over threads on home page now to see what the thread is about without opening it !

kxx

The Nail Geek said:
If the Private messages link isnt listed at the top - try quick links->private messages :)

Are the geekmolians going to keep getting added to whilst were posting now GMG??

Glad to hear they are coming back, i want a glowing user name.

Hugs.
xxx

The Nail Geek said:
Not sure what you mean by rep list. You mean from the home page? That may or may not be back. You can get the same info from the memberlist page anyway (and see your standing too).

Geekmolian shop may take a couple weeks to return though your geekmolians are safe and sound.

ps have private messages been increased to 150 for premium geeks ? thats whats currently showing on my home page

also when you click reply either in pms or in messages could the curser be set to automatically start in the text box?

kx

It doesnt seem to be recognising the threads i ahve read, i still ahve 20 thousand to read ok slight exageration but i have tried to work backwards and clear soem of them but when i click on new posts even after closing site it still shows lots of apges of unread threads.

wow sam the site looks great very sofisticated
well done your hard work seems to have payed off, and thanks for a great site

love the chat room Sam and being able to just float and watch the site as well cheers found out how to get rid of all the threads as well i logged out properly and now i have no new threads lol. So make sure you clear your cookies peeps.
x

Ive increased PM count for premiums to 150 and avatart size to 100px ;)

*JOANNE* said:
wow sam the site looks great very sofisticated
well done your hard work seems to have payed off, and thanks for a great site
sam i am all confused with someone else....if i click on my name my profile is for some one completely different...where have i gone:cry:
i am *JOANNE* but my proflile is for "joanne" who is from a different place and my avaitor's gone

Hi Sam

NailGeek doesnt seem to hold my login details anymore ?

I have logged on this mornign a couple of times and came back again and have to log in again, only this time its not even letting me log in?

kx

It must have let you log in now - otherwise you couldnt have posted!

The problem is currently your username has *'s in them which is messing up the mod rewrite. Im looking into it now.

The modrewrtie is a new feature of the site that makes the URLs much easier on the eyes. In other words, this thread is no longer thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=20524 its now http://www.thenailgeek.com/news/20524-bandages-off-geek-unleashed-5.html

Which means search spiders will index the content far better.

Users are now www.thenailgeek.com/members/username.html

Should have this sorted soon. Thanks!

:rolleyes: i dont have any 's in my user name ???

So what happens, i log in (as it doesnt currently remember me !) and it takes me back to the home page where it looks like i havent logged in, if i click on a message then click home, then it shows me as logged in ! :eek: lol

ever wish you hadnt started something !

try and enjoy your weekend

kxx

Try physically loggin off first. That should clear any old cookies

Think I got the special characters in username problem sorted.

The Nail Geek said:
Think I got the special characters in username problem sorted.

Sam your nearing that knighthood so keep tweaking and smile :wink2:

ooh i'm all normal again

It's looking gtreat thanks GMG:hug:

is it xmas already then? Fab fab fab! x

Hi ya Geeks
Oh am I glad its all sorted out for me on this end now.....after spending 5 hours last night refreshing, reloading, reshuffling...........
But thanks to Sam and a few tweaks its all up and running for me too....
Thanks Sam xxxx

Everything looks just so nice and new lol........ just like a newly decorated home...........
I like it a lot xxxxx

Latest posts

Back