The BEST electric file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savannahg

Reaction score
my electric drill is starting to short out this is what my last one did to so im just wondering what everyone eles has used or liked the best..and where you got it at...Im goint to have to get a new one and would like some ideas...

Hi Savannah

By far the best electric drill has got to be one of the Kupa's. I've got the UP200. My last one I had for 12 years before giving it to someone before I left Aus. After having used an inferior brand for the last few months, I just bought another one and am a happy girl again!

It's a very quiet machine with no vibrations and you can get drill bits to fit it for about £11 each from salonserve (v. reasonable compared to the Kupa bits which are hard to source and expensive).

I had a bit of a job finding one here, but you should be able to google one easily enough. Be prepared to pay around £300 - but it's well worth the investment!

By far the best electric drill has got to be one of the Kupa's. I've got the UP200. My last one I had for 12 years before giving it to someone before I left Aus. After having used an inferior brand for the last few months, I just bought another one and am a happy girl again!

(v. reasonable compared to the Kupa bits which are hard to source and expensive).

Hi Savannah,

Not for long!!! Keep checking with S2, they are just about to be launched. The Mani-pro Super Max E File and bits. x

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a kupa file for years and it was very good.
a couple of years ago i was working in hong kong with a distributor over there who used a mio file[ theyre made in korea] and i was so impressed by it that i purchased one and its awesome.

i dont think they are available in the uk but for those who can get hold of them i'd have no hesitation in reccomending them.

i am currently researching other electric files. i want to be able to offer something light quiet dependable to my students for under £100 if possible and offer the training to go with it.

I can't for one second say which is the 'best' as I haven't tried all of them but I have the Young Nails YN-99 and I love it. Really small and light and so quiet and smooth. There is a flat keypad thingy so no knobs which is good if you want to use it mobile, less of a chance of it getting broken. ;)

i use young nails files, great to use, any problems then the lovely steve is happy to help and they come with 2 hours free tuition (great to brush up on your skills)

couldnt be without it xxx

The drill sold by yn is a KUPA. It is not manufactured by yn.

The drill sold by yn is a KUPA. It is not manufactured by yn.

It will be top notch then, I have had my Kupa KP300 for 4 years & never had a problem with it (apart from when I dropped the handpiece & broke it!). Not a problem tho as NSI supply & repair them, so was able to get it fixed at a reasonable price & quickly which was vital. So maybe that is something else to factor in when considering your purchase, quick & reliable repairs are incredibly important if it's going to be a tool you need on a regular and frequent basis.

It's quiet & smooth too!

It will be top notch then, I have had my Kupa KP300 for 4 years & never had a problem with it (apart from when I dropped the handpiece & broke it!). Not a problem tho as NSI supply & repair them, so was able to get it fixed at a reasonable price & quickly which was vital. So maybe that is something else to factor in when considering your purchase, quick & reliable repairs are incredibly important if it's going to be a tool you need on a regular and frequent basis.

It's quiet & smooth too!

Very true that service & repair is very important ... Vital in fact. Sweet Squared of course offer this service for the KUPA model they supply ( the mani pro super max). KUPA have made drills specifically for use by nail technicians since 1982 and have also held the title of undoubtedly being the best on their field.

Hi, im looking for some advice please with regards to buying an E-file.
I have experience of using an e-file and now want to purchase my own as i have just started my own business.
I've researched on here and the Kupa drill is coming out on top, the problem ive got is when i type it in ebay it brings alot up from China/Hong Kong etc.. Has anybody used one of these drills, the one i was looking at in Kupa mani pro??

Your help is appreciated!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I have looked on the sweet squared web sight.Cant find the e file? Has it not been launched yet and will there be regional training for it. I am thinking of getting an e file. So excited if I can get the training in plymouth like I did with brisa etc xxxxxx

Hi, I have looked on the sweet squared web sight.Cant find the e file? Has it not been launched yet and will there be regional training for it. I am thinking of getting an e file. So excited if I can get the training in plymouth like I did with brisa etc xxxxxx

The order is on its way and will be in soon. All the Ambassadors have already done the training so it will be offered in your area from your local Education Ambassador.

For those wanting to google KUPA to buy direct thinking you are saving, you are not. I have researched and you are best buying from your UK distributor or a Kupa distributor near to where you are. S2 will not offer free maintenance on drills not bought from them and it is a long way to the States when you need your machine repaired or maintained regularly ... a waste of money to buy if you can't maintain it. Just another way your local distributors support YOU, so support THEM.

How exciting, I have never touched an e file before, would the use of one make my work alot quicker? Also I may be wrong but I thaught the general opinion from CND is that e files are not necessary as you can be just as quick with a file? I find that sometimes my filing takes a long time though and have been considering one for a while but didnt want to go and train with another company when I get all my products from CND. Now I can do it through them I will be getting one I think, aspecialy witht he training and mantenence not far from me xxxx

I have been using Kupa mani pro for at least 7 years. But when I touched and played with mani pro super max at the Event I have to tell you it's nothing like my one. It's light it's super quiet ans super effective. And vicky peters safety bit is something completely revolutionary in all the carbide bits I hVe ever tried!

I can't wait until Fingertips centre in Edinburgh will launch their training) it would be fantastic to brush up my e-file skills.

S2 price is also fantastically affordable for something so efficient and safe to use!

Bring it on I can't wait any longer).

How exciting, I have never touched an e file before, would the use of one make my work alot quicker? Also I may be wrong but I thaught the general opinion from CND is that e files are not necessary as you can be just as quick with a file? I find that sometimes my filing takes a long time though and have been considering one for a while but didnt want to go and train with another company when I get all my products from CND. Now I can do it through them I will be getting one I think, aspecialy witht he training and mantenence not far from me xxxx

E files are not necessary if you sculpt really well with your brush .. in that case you will have done all the work so you don't need to use a drill to finish it off. Many technicians however tend to pile the product on and then to file it off to shape it (not the CND way) which means they are dong allot of filing which could be done quicker with a drill.

I only use a drill for thinning product out before a French Manicure and only then if the product is thicker than normal.

It depends on what you want to use the efile/drill for (must learn to say efile rather than drill lol). I certainly do not use it for preparation or for finishing as I can do those jobs quicker by hand .. who knows things may change and drill bits may change and become safer for use on the natural nail but that is for the future.

Thanks for the info. I am definatly going to invest as I am guilty of needing to file a bit with some re balances. :o I cant wait to try something new. xxxx

Hiya, sorry to hijack the thread! Does anyone know when the efile training will be available at s2 please? And when there will be some info on the website too? I like to have a good look and read before I book anything. I'm super keen to do my efile training next x x

My question is what does everyone think of the KUPA MANI PRO, will it work to debulk and to do backfills? or does it take forever?

Hiya, sorry to hijack the thread! Does anyone know when the efile training will be available at s2 please? And when there will be some info on the website too? I like to have a good look and read before I book anything. I'm super keen to do my efile training next x x

Efile training is available at various locations. Julia in Manchester (Leigh to be exact) is a great teacher of the efile!

@ savannahg ............
The KUPA mani pro super max is the greatest efile going and yes, of course, it does everything you want it to in a quarter of the time if not less!

Actually i was talking about the origianal KUPA MANI PRO, has anyone used it, and is if effective on useing on acrylics, and has hay one used a medicool Turbo II?

Im not looking to spend over 200 dollars right now i will eventually but right now would like a good effective drill i was using a cheap one from sallys
SuperNail Ultimate Manicure Machine and it done what i needed it to im just wondering if the Kupa mani pro or the medicool turbo would do as good if not better since they cost more!

Latest posts

Back