The Edge Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinders2287

Reaction score
Morning everyone I am new to this website and I just wondered what everyone thought of the edge nails gel system? I have recently started to use this and I can't make my mind up about it lol it would be good to get everyone's feedback on it :) xxx

Hi there

If you do a search on here for The Edge, I am sure you will get your question answered.

I too looked into getting this system, they looks great (from online and brochure) they sound great, but I have heard a lot of comments saying there quality isn't up to scratch.

From personal experience if you don't have a lot of money to begin with, I would say you would be ok to practice with them, but then some nail tech say start as you mean to go on and only practie with the system you want to use. Saves money in the long run, and a good quality product tends to have more workability and perfromance making you job easier.

I have brought their soak off gels (to do a fench manicure) and although they looks lovely, they didn't my clients very long. Either peeled off or chipped.

Sorry, I hope I have helped a little bit :lol:

I used them when practising but ding think they are good enough to use on paying customers, just my opinion x

I'm using the edge at the moment, i didn't know what products came with my course at the time, I don't rate them very well, their nail polish is horrendous.. very gloopy and looks streaky on the nails. They are okay to use if you are on a budget as I am but I certainly won't be using them when i finish my course

This is the only brand I have ever actually returned to the wholesaler. A few years back now but I don't think they have changed their formula at all since then. :eek:

sorry but another negative.

I would not use the Edge again EVER!

I have tried both their silk and Gel and don't rate either. Seriously get something else. I honestly have no idea how they manage to brand themselves as a professional salon brand. They destroyed my confidence in the early days.

NSI all the way for me x

I trained with both the l&p and gel through nailzone a few years ago and really wasnt impressed - wouldnt attempt to use them on anyone but myself.

Saving my pennies up to do conversion course with cnd
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Hi, After reading so many negative comments i thought i had best try to share my experience to give you an all round answer to your question.
I have been a therapist for 8years now and run a sucessful business. I started out using The edge, star nails etc, and found them good to practice. I thrn went on to higher end brands NSI IBD CND and OPI. Although they are all great performance, i couldnt help thinking that the performance wasnt that much better with reguards to nail polishes. With Enhancements i do think that you get what you pay for and it's worth paying more to get more. Gelitz has been a sucess, i have even had clients convert from other therapist that use shellac. every basic manicure lasts incredibly well with them and their range of colours is always high trend. hope this helps. x

I have to sag when i first started y
Using edge gel i just couldntt get to grips with it. But now i have clients i see every 2-3 weeks and use edge gel and they have their nails all on, no lifting. Very happy. Im sure we all love and hate different products.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

I'm not going to claim to be an expert because I'm not by far! In fact I'm newly qualified and only in natural manicures and pedicures, I don't do acrylic or gel extensions.

As I'm just starting out as a mobile technician and funds are tight I opted for The Edge Polishes and have done a number of treatments now using it. All the feed back I've had has been quiet good. With clients saying that after a week and a half to two weeks there was no chipping and the finish was still glossy with only minor scratching or denting that could only be seen very close up. One client said it was the best polish she had ever used so I'm a little disheartened to hear so many bad reviews of their products.

I know you get what you pay for but for a lower end varnish I must admit I was actually very impressed by its durability and colour selections. Maybe it's my inexperience, I don't know, but I'd be interested to hear what other professionals think of there varnishes as well as their nail systems.

Best wishes
Sarah

Latest posts

Back