The Facebook/Twitter/Instagram rant thread!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irritates the living daylights out of me when a sole trader (one person business) makes out there are multiple staff working there

"Here at billy liars WE are a professional friendly team of porky pies, call US to book an appointment with one of our therapists"
Grrr!

This is common in any industry, it is to portray commercial strength and confidence in the market place. Nothing new here.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is common in any industry, it is to portray commercial strength and confidence in the market place. Nothing new here.

I know, but just looks plain silly when it's obvious it's a sole trader...

This thread is very funny. What miserable ranters we all are. My fb rant is people who ask questions they could just google, why? And then everyone answers, multiple posts of same answer just to prove how clever they are knowing the answer, a little argument or two finished by "you might be right but let me just check that" why not just check it in the first place?. In fact we had a little discussion about this the other day myself and a couple of ranty friends.

I've deleted people who continuously voice their political rantings and those that keep sharing pics of mutilated,ill treated animals.

Photos of sick children "if she gets 100000 likes company x will pay for her operation" "1 like = 1 prayer / respect".

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

this is a copy/paste of a woman who i don't know well and I did delete but she seems to have 'got back on the list' somehow?? this was a mild bout of her self pitying/self-congratulatory rubbish.....

Dear body,
I think it's time you started behaving or you and me are going to fall out big time and I may even replace you. Three weeks ago you allowed tonsillitis into my body, last week you allowed a mysterious stabbing pain to enter my body, which is still trying to hang on in there even now. And then this morning I wake up with an extremely red, sore and swollen throat, swollen glands, banging head and have almost lost my voice. Don't know what you're playing at but none of these conditions will deter me from trying to get fitter and healthier, so you may as well give up. As soon as the pain in my side is sorted.... I am going on a very long walk, so read and weep, you pathetic excuse of a body. You are so going to regret this latest attack, just you wait I'm off to polish my walking boots!.

off to find the delete friend button again.

this is a copy/paste of a woman who i don't know well and I did delete but she seems to have 'got back on the list' somehow?? this was a mild bout of her self pitying/self-congratulatory rubbish.....

Dear body,
I think it's time you started behaving or you and me are going to fall out big time and I may even replace you. Three weeks ago you allowed tonsillitis into my body, last week you allowed a mysterious stabbing pain to enter my body, which is still trying to hang on in there even now. And then this morning I wake up with an extremely red, sore and swollen throat, swollen glands, banging head and have almost lost my voice. Don't know what you're playing at but none of these conditions will deter me from trying to get fitter and healthier, so you may as well give up. As soon as the pain in my side is sorted.... I am going on a very long walk, so read and weep, you pathetic excuse of a body. You are so going to regret this latest attack, just you wait I'm off to polish my walking boots!.

off to find the delete friend button again.

Keep walking girl...That's right, Keep walking 😐

I know, but just looks plain silly when it's obvious it's a sole trader...

A sole trader does not mean that there is only one person working in the business it means it is run by an individual and all decisions are made by that individual. So a business which is a sole trader business could still have several staff working for them.

I understand though if it's someone you know and you know they are the only person working for and running the business. xx

Different spellings of words - gorgeous - gawjuss

Works at: Smirnoff (when you know that they really haven't worked a day in their lives).

People that post pics of themselves in the gym!

When people post items to give away for free on the Freebay sites (which is great, I'm all for recycling and others making use) and people literally beg to have it... it's embarrassing!

A sole trader does not mean that there is only one person working in the business it means it is run by an individual and all decisions are made by that individual. So a business which is a sole trader business could still have several staff working for them.

I understand though if it's someone you know and you know they are the only person working for and running the business. xx

Rubytues probably meant lone trader rather than sole trader, considering the nature of the conversation, you can also be a limited company with only one individual. Everything is 'our' and 'we' they usually have numerous email addresses. sales@, accounts@, info@ etc. Web based companies are known for it.

People who do not bother to read anything about your business even though it is there handed to them on a plate for them to see. They message to ask about services I don't offer.

I made a cover photo that listed very quickly and simply what I offer, with the prices there too to stop this and I still received these messages. Some can't even put more than three words in these messages and don't even start with a Hello etc. If you can't be polite and socially aware then I don't want you at my table. :Scared:

Thought I would share with you the top 3 comments that came up on my news feed just now:
"Hung washing out :)"
"Aw Benji just said bus but it came out bwus! Aw!"
"Need new farmville neighbors add me"
Yep, I know a really interesting bunch of people! Must dash, I'm off to buy brocolli so I can post a pic of my dogs & kids with it on my business page!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Irritates the living daylights out of me when a sole trader (one person business) makes out there are multiple staff working there

"Here at billy liars WE are a professional friendly team of porky pies, call US to book an appointment with one of our therapists"
Grrr!

Eh?? Lol what is wrong with that??? 😖

Nicola! Xxx

I am sick to death of the Facebook rants over government payments! Whinging that they don't get enough, or they have to go to a meeting as a requirement for their payment, having to wait in line for 20 mins! Gosh their life must be so hard try standing on your feet, cutting, colouring and blowdrying hair 8-10 hours a day! Grrrr get a job!

Thought I would share with you the top 3 comments that came up on my news feed just now:
"Hung washing out :)"
"Aw Benji just said bus but it came out bwus! Aw!"
"Need new farmville neighbors add me"
Yep, I know a really interesting bunch of people! Must dash, I'm off to buy brocolli so I can post a pic of my dogs & kids with it on my business page!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am definitely up for this game my three are

"BOOM BOOM BOOM"
"Check me out I actually think am cooking peeling tatties lol"
"Mums friend is eating the dog biscuits"

I love my fb friends they are the bestest

I've got some corkers too:

"I hope mum cums and cleans this house tomoro Jesus its like bay root"

"To gud lucking my ****" (accompanying a picture of a child)

"This girl suffered with acne roacia. . This is week 1, week 2, and week 3... (weightloss company) actually cleared this up" (I get these spammed at me everyday! -.-

It would seem no one on facebook can spell at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
This I think is love to hate isn't it!! If we really didn't like it we would get rid of our Facebook wouldn't we! I'm far too nosey to delete people! I actually love looking at what everyone is up to. I also screen shot anything funny or out if the ordinary and send it to my friends so we can laugh or moan about it! Ha! I then wonder of anyone does same to me but I really don't care! Xxx

I refuse to go on my facebook now. I've put a post up on my business page telling everyone to contact me through my website, and I'm leaving it at that. :lick:

This I think is love to hate isn't it!! If we really didn't like it we would get rid of our Facebook wouldn't we! I'm far too nosey to delete people! I actually love looking at what everyone is up to. I also screen shot anything funny or out if the ordinary and send it to my friends so we can laugh or moan about it! Ha! I then wonder of anyone does same to me but I really don't care! Xxx

Haha I do this too! So mean but these people are crazy, love to hate it is right!

Yes but here's my point of only putting stuff on Facebook you want the whole world to see!! If you don't want people judging, looking, screenshotting or laughing don't post it up!!! I am not a mean person in real life but when it comes to Facebook it's becoming better than eastenders!! Xx

Latest posts

Back