The good, the bad and the ugly-Gelish colours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their Structure gel is great. I use Bio Sculpture but have been very pleased with Gelish Structure.

Also if you mix in a tiny bit of white you will get a very natural creamy colour which is good for hiding any blemishes

Is the structure gel a soak off one? :) x

Is the structure gel a soak off one? :) x

Yes, I have used it to extend a little & it works well. I like to do 2 thin coats rather than 1 thick as it has a "thinnish" viscosity.

Yes, I have used it to extend a little & it works well. I like to do 2 thin coats rather than 1 thick as it has a "thinnish" viscosity.

Fab! Think I may have to order some :) when do you use your structure gel? Just to extend a little or on certain nail types too for strength? Xxx

Their Structure gel is great. I use Bio Sculpture but have been very pleased with Gelish Structure.

Also if you mix in a tiny bit of white you will get a very natural creamy colour which is good for hiding any blemishes

Thank you, very helpful! X

I am very slowly building up my gelish colours but I'm going to buy 3 this week. I know I really want sea foam just because I love it! But what other two would people recommend so I have a little mix for clients to choosr from. The only other one I have a the mo is gossip girl (and French of course!). I can't tell what they are from the card as I know how inaccurate gossip girl was! I just don't know what to go for or even what sort of colour to start with!!! Help! X

Hi Holly
Sea foam is a gorgeous colour!!!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339507816.024501.jpg
At the moment my clients really love Tiger Blossum
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339507973.869014.jpg
Need A Tan
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339508071.574633.jpg
& I love Bronzed
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339508124.967052.jpg
Looks gorgeous on its own & layered over different colours!
Take a look at the Gelish lovers group, you can search through the pics to get a better idea on what the colours will actually look like. Or if you go onto google images & type the Gelish colour in it should bring you pics up!!
Hope this has helped!
Jo xx

Thanks Jo. They all look lovely! Live the bronzed and of course

Me and this phone!! Love the bronzed and of course the seafoam. I will check the group out and see what I come up with. Is the tiger blossom nicer than the tiki tiki laranga do you know? I love corals so have been looking at these two. X

Just seen you're in Barnsley Jo! Where abouts are you? I live in town centre and I'm mobile x

Tiki tiki is quite neon but I love it
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339508812.622001.jpg
If you want more of a coral then passion is gorgeous!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339508864.841048.jpg
There's so many to choose from!!

Oh yeahh I'm in Birdwell so about 15 mins out of the centre!
:)

Fab! Think I may have to order some :) when do you use your structure gel? Just to extend a little or on certain nail types too for strength? Xxx

For both. Great if the nails are thin & bendy.

Also if you get sticky up bits after the foundation it can smooth them over if you don't want to nip the bit off.
Also helps to straighten misshapen nails with a little extension & fill in ski slopes too

Hi Guys,

I received my Gelish yesterday, opened all the bottles and had a look.
The colour Snow bunny is a bit more yellow then I anticipated? Have I got a bad bottle or is this normal?
It also looks oily, kinda like when you pour oil into the water and they dont mix.
Is this normal?

Thanks x

For both. Great if the nails are thin & bendy.

Also if you get sticky up bits after the foundation it can smooth them over if you don't want to nip the bit off.
Also helps to straighten misshapen nails with a little extension & fill in ski slopes too

Ooooo I need structure gel in my life! Lol! How much extra do you charge when using this? Xxx

What do you ladies (and gents if there's any out there! Lol) like to use for a nice silver and a gold? I will look in the gelish lovers group next time I have access to the pc (it's broken atm, so just using my phone) just wondered if anyone could help in the mean time xxx :D

What do you ladies (and gents if there's any out there! Lol) like to use for a nice silver and a gold? I will look in the gelish lovers group next time I have access to the pc (it's broken atm, so just using my phone) just wondered if anyone could help in the mean time xxx :D

They don't have any but if enough people called & asked them......I personally would love some chrome, metallic colours as it is sooo in at the moment.

Hi Guys,

I received my Gelish yesterday, opened all the bottles and had a look.
The colour Snow bunny is a bit more yellow then I anticipated? Have I got a bad bottle or is this normal?
It also looks oily, kinda like when you pour oil into the water and they dont mix.
Is this normal?

Thanks x

Turn it upside down, roll it between your palms, (never shake - bubbles = bad times!) then check again. Sometimes the pigments settle a bit and just need mixing back up. If this doesn't work call nail harmony & check with them. Hth x

Quick question, I am thinking of buying the neon rio collection as there is some money off it and love all the colours!! Also some of the colours appear to be similar to a couple of other colours that I really like ( although I could be mistaken as this colour card isn't brill) such as tiki tiki and tiger blossom and shake it till you samba and passion, but obviously brighter! Am I right in thinking this? If this is the case is there a colour that I could layer over the top to tone the neons down so I can have the best of both worlds?!! X

Quick question, I am thinking of buying the neon rio collection as there is some money off it and love all the colours!! Also some of the colours appear to be similar to a couple of other colours that I really like ( although I could be mistaken as this colour card isn't brill) such as tiki tiki and tiger blossom and shake it till you samba and passion, but obviously brighter! Am I right in thinking this? If this is the case is there a colour that I could layer over the top to tone the neons down so I can have the best of both worlds?!! X

Tiki tiki Laranga is totally different to tiger Blossum hun, however, I think I layered tiki tiki over red roses to tone it down slightly, I will check my colour pops tomorrow for you! Do you not have tiger Blossum then?

I can't comment on the other 2 colours though hun as I don't have them xxx

Latest posts

Back