The good, the bad and the ugly-Gelish colours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone be able to tell me what's the best sparkle glitter gelish to later over colours?

Would anyone be able to tell me what's the best sparkle glitter gelish to later over colours?

Waterfield is lovely too. Small and large pieces of glitter so quite sparkly. X

I find my clients who dont like anything too blingy go for Vegas Nights, small colourful subtle pieces of glitter, Waterfield is as Wendy described it but it definitely looks very blingy!

U all have inspired me with ur amazing nail art ! So .... While my boy friend is boring watching the rugby, i decided to do something a little different to my normal glossy red I wear. It's not anything amazing but I saw one of the girls doing this and I thought 'oh that looks lovely'
So thanks :) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339260589.786411.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339260589.786411.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,642
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339260609.200765.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339260609.200765.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,674
U all have inspired me with ur amazing nail art ! So .... While my boy friend is boring watching the rugby, i decided to do something a little different to my normal glossy red I wear. It's not anything amazing but I saw one of the girls doing this and I thought 'oh that looks lovely'
So thanks :) x

Ooooo very nice! I done some similar to this the other week (and posted on here) as my very first set and got lots of compliments :) xxx

The beauty house - they look lovely, what colour pink did you use? X

Thank Stacie - go girl is on my "to buy" list x

hi girls, great thread to read through!

I did my gelish course in January and so far my most popular colours are bellas vampire, midnight caller, tiger blossom, passion, need a tan (although it takes me about 4 coats to get it as opaque as i'd like!!) and gossip girl.

I have others that people ask for now and again - sweet chocolate,, princess tiara, pink smoothie, caution, red roses, good gossip, forever beauty and the magnetos.

No takers for medieval madness, mint icing, ocean wave or stand out yet, also find these colour to be reallllly thin, do you just do an extra coat or 2 (or 3 or 4?!?! lol) or have any tips about what to layer them over. Thought I could do stand out over red roses to still give the deep red but without needing so many coats. Any tips for mint icing or ocean wave?

Also really like magnetos in drawn together and don't be so particular but was really disappointed with iron princess, found it to be almost too "glittery" so that when you hovered the magnet over the top the lines weren't enough of a difference in colour to have a good effect as they were in the 2 I previously mentioned. Anyone else find this?

Tassles and simple sheer are my most popular for use with a french and also layer over some izzy wizzy.

Would like a dark purple now, think i'm gonna go with night reflection after what everyone has said.

Keep the recommendations coming :)

I've tried same as above also tried emerald dust and ambience. ED nice A- very slight sparkle though makes brighter colour less brigh lol x

Sweet chocolate and stand out gives a lovely colour. xxx

No takers for medieval madness, mint icing, ocean wave or stand out yet, also find these colour to be reallllly thin, do you just do an extra coat or 2 (or 3 or 4?!?! lol) or have any tips about what to layer them over. Thought I could do stand out over red roses to still give the deep red but without needing so many coats. Any tips for mint icing or ocean wave?

I always do 3 coats of Ocean Wave. I don't find it needs an extra one.

Also, Ocean Wave looks nice over Black Shadow, it turns into a dark blue. Star Burst is the same over black.

love this thread ladies - I find it so hard to choose decent colours as the colour swatches from Harmony are not very accurate at all. I've been looking for some more "granny" colours recently as have a fair few mature clients - i was really dissapointed with Glamour Queen and the only person that had it wasn't impressed either and we covered it up with Exhale (gorgeous colour btw).

My most popular are:
Red Roses
Go Girl
Passion
Gossip Girl
Sugar & Spice
French
Starburst
Night Reflection
Caution

Bad:
Mint Icing
Stand Out

I love:
Sugar Daddy
Medievel Madness
Caution

Recently got Tiger Blossom which is fab and waiting for and Forever Beauty which I am hoping will be a "Granny" colour and not dissapointing!

hi girls, great thread to read through!

I did my gelish course in January and so far my most popular colours are bellas vampire, midnight caller, tiger blossom, passion, need a tan (although it takes me about 4 coats to get it as opaque as i'd like!!) and gossip girl.

I have others that people ask for now and again - sweet chocolate,, princess tiara, pink smoothie, caution, red roses, good gossip, forever beauty and the magnetos.

Also really like magnetos in drawn together and don't be so particular but was really disappointed with iron princess, found it to be almost too "glittery" so that when you hovered the magnet over the top the lines weren't enough of a difference in colour to have a good effect as they were in the 2 I previously mentioned. Anyone else find this?

Tassles and simple sheer are my most popular for use with a french and also layer over some izzy wizzy.

Would like a dark purple now, think i'm gonna go with night reflection after what everyone has said.

Keep the recommendations coming :)

I cannot believe you don't use Stand Out, that is by far my most used colour, on it's own or layered or mixed.

It is great the fact it is translucent.

If I do it on it's own I use 2 coats or 3 if they like it deeper but it's great layered
over Midnight Caller
over Sweet Chocolate
over Tiger Blossom
over Tutti Frutti
over Gossip Girl
over Caution etc..... even mixed together.

If you MIX it with another translucent colour it stays translucent but not when you mix with opaque.

Last edited:

June Bride looks lovely layered over colours

I especially love it layered over Midnight Caller

I am very slowly building up my gelish colours but I'm going to buy 3 this week. I know I really want sea foam just because I love it! But what other two would people recommend so I have a little mix for clients to choosr from. The only other one I have a the mo is gossip girl (and French of course!). I can't tell what they are from the card as I know how inaccurate gossip girl was! I just don't know what to go for or even what sort of colour to start with!!! Help! X

Also do people use the structure gel much? Do you think its good enough to use instead of Calgel (for overlays)? I'm thinking of phasing my Calgel out and using gelish but wasn't sure if the structure gel was the same kind of thing! X

Also do people use the structure gel much? Do you think its good enough to use instead of Calgel (for overlays)? I'm thinking of phasing my Calgel out and using gelish but wasn't sure if the structure gel was the same kind of thing! X

Their Structure gel is great. I use Bio Sculpture but have been very pleased with Gelish Structure.

Also if you mix in a tiny bit of white you will get a very natural creamy colour which is good for hiding any blemishes

Latest posts

Back