The Nail File Newspaper!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I just received my free The Nail File Newspaper through the post today.
First impressions......Very impressed!

Loads of good articles and information. I love that is is a newspaper, and that it is big and colourful!!!

In fact the only downside I can see is that it is just 4 issues per year!!
I already want more!!.......but I always tend to look a gift horse in the mouth!

I have searched in case there has been a thread on this, but couldn't find one. So have we been issued ours first up here in Scotland, or have you had yours for ages and wanted to keep it a secret!!

If you have received The Nail File Newspaper....what are your impressions?

Read about this last night in Guild Magazine.

Haven't received anything yet, so fingers crossed it will come soon.

Marlise

Never heard of it Izzi,do you have to register some where ?

Tell us more :D

It is issued from Guild press LTD, so I think if you have attended a Show or a Comp you will be on their database and will get one.
The Editor is Melissa Dennis....of [email protected] fame!!

I see . I used to get the guild publications delivered,not sure i've changed my addy though :o

If nothing else,it's a reminder to do so,thanks Izzi x

It is issued from Guild press LTD, so I think if you have attended a Show or a Comp you will be on their database and will get one.
The Editor is Melissa Dennis....of [email protected] fame!!

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I have emailed this email address asking about more information.

I will let you know if I get a response.

Got mine today, its really good.

The main email addy is [email protected] for anyone else who would like this great Newspaper!!

Did anyone else get a copy of this? I thought it was a really good read and in the format that it is probably a lot cheaper to produce and distribute than a glossy.

Do you prefer a glossy mag or would a news paper giving industry updates and news be preferable to you?

(Mods comment: I have merged these two threads.)

Hi Cathy,
I got it in earlier this week and thought it was an advertising/sale leaflet.
Read it today and loved it - its full of info, tutorials and loads of colour piccies.
I hope it becomes a regular thing.
Kx

Edit - just read 4 times a year - woo hoo! would be better if it was monthly though!

I enjoyed it too I didn't get a proper chance today to read it but I will over the weekend

Nice to see you back Karol xxxxx:hug:

Thanks Fiona, I missed that one.

Is it only for UK techs?

I got mine yesterday and think it is fantastic loads and loads of interesting articles its about time :hug:

I got mine and I think its brill! I LOVE the fact that its a newspaper, very funky indeed, loads of info and interesting reads! :D - even hubby picked it up and had a read in the salon, as did my mum!

Wish it was out more than 4 times a year though!!:cry:

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your amazing comments about our new publication - The Nail File. I am thrilled that it's had such a positive response.

As with any new title, we were a little apprehensive about this one but we have tried to make it fresh and funky, and I hope you like this newspaper format. It allows us to produce a massive print run (30,000 copies) and therefore distribute it to salons, individual nail techs and students for FREE!

The next issue will be out in January and if you have any news or step by steps you would like to contribute, I would love to hear from you. Also if there any particular topics that you'd like to us to cover email me at [email protected] or [email protected]

At present we are looking at producing the newspaper four times a year (autumn, winter, spring & summer) but if response is good, we may look to increase that. If you haven't received a copy and would like one, just email me.

Thanks again for your support and keep your feedback coming!!

Best wishes
Melissa x

I did receive my copy last week and although I only quickly flicked through it and havent read it properly it looked to me like the articles were just the same as produced in other magazines and there wasnt anything new.

Could be wrong and will find out when I read it properly.

I really liked it. I had high hopes when I saw the "Tried and Tested" pages on handcream, but unfortunately they didn't say anything negative about any of the creams they tested - they're all good apparently.

I would love to see a magazine with a panel of nail techs blind testing various products and giving their opinions.

I think the monthly mags struggle to find enough about the industry to fill each issue, so hopefully, a quarterly paper like this will give us everything we want to know and not have to fill pages with other beauty stuff.

I was surprised that one of you said you had it in the salon. There are loads of trade prices in there which I wouldn't want my clients to see.

What a bargain too - free! I think I might stop my other subscription if the next issue is as good as this first one.

Well done to all involved.

I got my copy today and have found it a good read,
great to have another nail related mag/newspaper xx and even though I do love my glossies I do like the format and layout of the publication xx

Latest posts

Back