***The 'Official' The Apprentice Thread***

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I thought it didn't show a true picture of us there was no mention of licences, insurance, rates, rent etc the right person went though x

your so right its not as easy as theyv made out espesh with all the hidden extras.........and what about prep and after care?
I suppose its only a task ........but it has gave the public the wrong perception on these type of businesses. It was very hectic the beauty industry is meant to relax you:rolleyes:

A tan might look easy but it takes at least 10 20 spray tans before you feel confident in your routine and finished result. youve got to have the knack to be able to deliver a flawless tan.
And same with any treatment.
ther will be loads buying tan kits now hahaha

i watched and got annoyed lol

after insurance rents rates and all other costs that we all know so well wheres the 90% profit!!
it also made it look so easy to train. i started college in september to learn massage spend 7 hours a week at college, do four case studies a week at home and two at college, 6 assignments in total a practical exam, a minimum of 18 case studies in my portfolio all with full client consultation, body maps, medical history ... the list goes on !!
And before i could start this course i also had to study for anatomy, physiology & pathology to itec diploma level 3 and pass another exam and three more assignments!
Sorry but makes me soooo mad how they have portrayed how easy it is being in the beauty industry.

just my opinion tho x

Uurghh no consultation, no insurance, no qualifications, hair and massage in the same room, learning to do a massage routine in one day! Soooo many things all wrong!

OMG consultations !!!! most important thing!!! with new clients :eek: silly people

I completely agree really winds me up!

We have to remember though that its not just our industry, every week they become something new, bakers, juice makers, buyers, app makers, photographers. Of course each of these industries have a bunch of regulations and rules but thats not entertaining to the masses for them to spend a chunk of the programme waffling about contraindications. Every week they butcher an industry and this week was our turn thats all. Its an entertainment show, not career day.

Plus I dont think they made it look easy at all. I think they made it look like a much more painful process than it really is lol

I havent watched an episode previously and thought I could suddenly become a baker or a clothes retailer because it looked easy or anything.

At least they didnt let any trade prices out, whereas in the juice / veggie exercise they did and in last years bakery one they did.

Good things to notice as an industry person....them showing a man being spray tanned. Showing the new CND polishes (nicely placed to show the brand).

Now clients WILL mention this when they have treatments and honestly if you go at them with 'well they didnt show this and that and its much more difficult than that etc' you might actually start to sound a bit bitter. If you pass it off with humour, an 'I wish' on the being totally trained in one day thing and have a laugh they are more likely to be positive with you in return as they just wanted to chat about it.

Last edited:
I wonder if you would have been cringing if you had been the ones to train them up in any of the 4 therapies?
At least with the spray tan it looked like they got some tuition.

That girl Susie said that spray tanning was really easy - grrrr!! And how spray tanning only costs us £3 to do... Raging!!

I'm quite glad I don't do lava shell massage, I think they made it look really uncomfortable. Did you's notice that the girl didn't test the temperature on herself first, and scared the life out of her client?!

Just hope it doesn't make us look bad :-( xx

And I think its starting to become apparant that the only reason Suzy has sold so much in the past is because she just whacks off the price. Everything she has done her solution is just 'I can do it cheaper' and this time 'Is it too expensive?'

Anybody can be a salesman with the permission to just slash prices to make it look attractive.

That girl Susie said that spray tanning was really easy - grrrr!! And how spray tanning only costs us £3 to do... Raging!!

I'm quite glad I don't do lava shell massage, I think they made it look really uncomfortable. Did you's notice that the girl didn't test the temperature on herself first, and scared the life out of her client?!

I thought the foot massage looked quite good, but the apprentices doing the body massages didn't do any of us any favours.

Honestly it just makes them look bad really. People watch the show to see what the teams are up to, whos doing well whos not, whos fighting whos not, whos sexy etc. What they are doing is just a backdrop.

Remember we are looking for these things where the viewer isnt.

Honestly it just makes them look bad really. People watch the show to see what the teams are up to, whos doing well whos not, whos fighting whos not, whos sexy etc. What they are doing is just a backdrop.

Remember we are looking for these things where the viewer isnt.
You are very right. We are watching and scrutinising it as we know whats what. Most viewers are just watching it at face value.

i watched and got annoyed lol

after insurance rents rates and all other costs that we all know so well wheres the 90% profit!!
I watched the "your fired" afterwards and one of the comedians on the panel did say that after rent, wages etc they wouldn't have made that big a profit which I thought was quite good, at least some clients would have seen that.

flipping great! - not!

I said on an earlier thread this would do us no favours, It's all very wel saying the tanning was easy but what about next day results.....grrrr... the ammount they sprayed on the feet they'll be like umpa lumpa's feet the next day, no prep either and saying margins like 90% and costs only... was it £3...

When was that? When has it cost me three pound? On way to me in post perhaps but what about everything else... suddenly make £15 - £20 tan sound expensive! grrrrrrrrr....

just watched it on sky+! 90% profit margin?! eek! whats he planning on paying the staff/bills with?!!

just watched it on sky+! 90% profit margin?! eek! whats he planning on paying the staff/bills with?!!

My thoughts exactly! Take the rent, wages etc and where are the profits then?!

im so happy within two minutes of the programme ending i had sold out of my home care kits plus im booking up appiontments its looks like a two week waiting list great boost but im still not sure why the lost with such a great product like lava shells LOL:Love:

oh thats excellent news!! :)

do you think contra indications was ever mentioned?
You hit the nail on the head.

Offering a consultation, taking a client history etc... goes out the door just so they can try to turn a quick profit for Sir Alan :rolleyes:. How can he possibly be looking for somebody professional and truely committed if it is just about turning a quick £?

I couldn't work for the man... I don't care how much he paid me.

Did nt they say they could charge £40 for a spray tan????? In Birmingham??????? WHAT?????

Did nt they say they could charge £40 for a spray tan????? In Birmingham??????? WHAT?????

I know that's crazy!!
I wish I could charge that for a spray! x

Latest posts

Back