The Secret

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't want it to sound like you was bringing it upon yourself, I was just saying that's how the secret works. I didn't mean to offend you. I suppose that's why it's such a debatable subject. I choose to believe and it makes me happy, it's not for everyone and is very controversial. I'm sorry if I sounded like I was saying it's all your fault xx

I don't wanna start preaching it and saying everyone's brought it upon themselves because of course no one has but you did just say "I have so many health problems" therefore your wish is my command. Instead focus on being healthy, everyday I say thank you for my health. X

I cant agree with you either my health problems are genetic so completely out of my control I definitely didn't ask for them but I handle them in a certain positive way

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

When health problems take over every minute of your day it is quite hard to focus on anything else!!! X

Do you find it really works? I have only started reading but I really want this to work! I am just afraid if I think something will happen and get my hopes up then if it didnt happen. X

Tbh i only started and finished the book a few days ago, the positive thinking naturally makes me feel lighter and more energetic anyway. Havent really asked for anything major, just enjoying what i have got after having a rough time where it felt like i didnt have a friend in the world, its nice to look for and enjoy the smaller pleasures in life like a sudden last minute night out with an old friend.
Edit to say: dont focus on disappointment at all, if that thought comes its best to let it pass by and focus on the complete opposite.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm still sceptical of this. If I'm the creator of my own universe how come I've got so many health problems? Certainly didn't ask for them!

Hey honey, the way I have found to cope with my health problems is that I view them as pushing me in the right direction, like my big stroke in 2012 meant I had to give up my event planning job but led me to nails, my 6th stroke in 2013 finally ked me to have surgery, my gluten intolerance has made me sort out my entire lifestyle and yes I miss donuts some days but I feel so incredibly amazing I dont care about donuts most of the time.

If you watch the film there's a part about health. Everybody's situation is different, I have no right to comment. Xx

If you watch the film there's a part about health. Everybody's situation is different, I have no right to comment. Xx

It is a very emotive subject hon, especially when your suffering. I will have to watch the film but I just dont see how a genetic illness can be down to me unless I was being negative in the womb or im paying for my parents negative thoughts which doesn't seem fair, but I handle my illness very positively I never think why me and I always look for the positive ways it's changed my life which is hard to do at the time but I see how my illness has brought many great things into my life

When health problems take over every minute of your day it is quite hard to focus on anything else!!! X

How are you feeling now lovely?

Another thing; so why doesn't everyone just ask to win the lottery? Or for the winning numbers?x

How are you feeling now lovely?

Hey petal, okish had a busy day yesterday so been in bed today!
How's you ? Hope your ok xxx

Another thing; so why doesn't everyone just ask to win the lottery? Or for the winning numbers?x

I don't think it works like that. You can watch a bit of the secret on you tube, I think first 20 mins on there, it kind of means if you think positive you bring more positivity into your life.

Xx

Hey petal, okish had a busy day yesterday so been in bed today!
How's you ? Hope your ok xxx

Same, busy day yesterday so bed today managing fatigue is a real balancing act

I'm still sceptical of this. If I'm the creator of my own universe how come I've got so many health problems? Certainly didn't ask for them!
I totally get where you're coming from with this and a lot of health problems are sadly just a part of life that we have no control over so no amount of positive thinking will change that.

The positive thinking is more to do with things that can be changed. Worth a try. x

I watched an episode of Oprah when she did an update about a lady that stopped taking her medication as she'd read The Secret. She stated very strongly that anyone with a medical condition should never reply on The Secret and should follow docs advice.

I have to say I struggle with the concept that our attitude or positivity (or lack of) can create illness. I have read a few books on the subject and they never sit easy with me. How could it possibly explain genetic illness, or babies born with deformities or life limiting illness? I don't think it can. I'm sure we all know people who have had cancer who we would describe as previously positive and happy yet still they fall ill.

What I am sure of though is that when we are ill, our outlook can dramatically effect how we manage our illness, it's effects and our lives. I work with cancer patients as an example, and those who are more positive do generally have greater longevity than those who don't. It won't necessarily cure them or make them well, but it can mean they have a better quality of life in their remaining time.

Do you find it really works? I have only started reading but I really want this to work! I am just afraid if I think something will happen and get my hopes up then if it didnt happen. X

You're probably best thinking positively in general I think, rather than looking on this as a sort of "magic wand" to wish all your troubles away and get your hearts desire. I'm just being realistic hun x

You're probably best thinking positively in general I think, rather than looking on this as a sort of "magic wand" to wish all your troubles away and get your hearts desire. I'm just being realistic hun x

Thats true, I have thought a lot more positively these last two years than I did previously & found it helped me out from a very bad place, positive thinking absolutely works & need to remind myself of that now! Xx

I have to say I struggle with the concept that our attitude or positivity (or lack of) can create illness. I have read a few books on the subject and they never sit easy with me. How could it possibly explain genetic illness, or babies born with deformities or life limiting illness? I don't think it can. I'm sure we all know people who have had cancer who we would describe as previously positive and happy yet still they fall ill.

I agree. I think its dangerous to infer that thinking a certain way can either cure or predispose you to illness. My genetic disease is certainly not brought on by thinking one way or another. My little toddler niece also has the disease and is awaiting a liver transplant, she is an innocent little child. Nothing whatsoever to do with "creating our own universe".

Hi Amy

Good point. On the film, they say that there is enough for everyone. Not everyone will want fancy cars or the same person. Different people have different ideas of wealth and fulfillment.

You can view the entire film on YouTube - not sure how to post a link but I searched for "the secret Rhonda Byrne" and it's there x

I agree with you pure, and surely this is the opposite of what the book says? Some quotes I found include:

"Your thoughts are the primary cause of everything. Everything else you see and experience in this world is effect, and that includes your feelings.*The cause is always your thoughts.

"Nothing can come into your experience unless you summon it *through persistent thoughts."

"Just*like the law of gravity, the law of attraction never slips up."

"We've got a*thousand different diagnoses and diseases*out there. They're just the weak link.* They're all the result of one thing: stress." *

"When patients think and truly believe the tablet [placebo] is a cure,*they will receive what they believe, and they will be cured."

To me this sounds like our thoughs are the cause (and cures) of all illness. And everything is written as an 'absolute truth', as reliable as gravity(!)

I feel like this is where it crosses the line of just mainting a 'positive' outlook on life, and claims to be something very different.

If we conclude that thinking positively can only help us change the things that we can control, then what exactly is 'law' of attraction?

I read about experients about thinking about yellow cars, I read an almost identical example in some phycholgy book years ago. It was explained that as your senses are constantly bombared with information every second, your brain has to filter out that information, so if for example you are thinking about buying a yellow car, then you will probably keep noticing yellow cars!

When I saw the dvd, I remeber them making all sorts of claims about the 'law of attraction' and quantum physics. If it is as scientific as it claims then surely those claims should be challenged?

Latest posts

Back