The Whole Ball of Wax DVD with Lori Nestore

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I've just been looking on the Wowfactor website at the Whole Ball of Wax DVD. Am I just being tight or is £95 including VAT and Postage an extortionate amount for a DVD. I really want to buy it but is it worth it?? All those that have the DVD, please let me know. Its seems like a lot to me...help!!!:confused:

This DVD is excellent and acts as a fantastic learning and reference guide to therapists no matter what level of experience.

If funds are tight the SG/DVD loan scheme is still running with our compliments however angelina221 is kindly managing it for peeps.

If you wish to be included on the loan list the best thing would be to send her a PM.

HTH :hug:

This DVD is excellent and acts as a fantastic learning and reference guide to therapists no matter what level of experience.

If funds are tight the SG/DVD loan scheme is still running with our compliments however angelina221 is kindly managing it for peeps.

If you wish to be included on the loan list the best thing would be to send her a PM.

HTH :hug:

Just bringing this to life again :) Is this still the best dvd out for waxing i was reading a bit about it and this seems a great reference guide.

thanks all

Alan

Just bringing this to life again :) Is this still the best dvd out for waxing i was reading a bit about it and this seems a great reference guide.

thanks all

Alan

There is nothing to compare to it as far as I am aware. Its an excellent reference tool for those who have had wax training. :)

Thank you Jen. I agree (of course!) It is available through my website.

I tried for a while to get a copy of Lori Nestore's waxing DVD from America (having first seen part of it when I did my brazilian training a few years ago) and I was glad to find that it is now available in the UK from Wow Factor.

I would really recommend it for anyone who does as much waxing as me(90% of my work). It is a great tool to use and refer back to, in addition to training of course!

It is full of excellent tips and it covers every area of the body too, which is fantastic as every other DVD I have of waxing is only specific to one area.

Does anyone have a copy of this DVD that they wouldn't mind sending me? I remember watching it in Aesthetics school however, have not found a superior training video to keep myself from falling back into old techniques. Please PM me if this is possible. I would be totally grateful!

I can't remember who I've sent this dvd on to but it went recorded delivery today.
My apologies for keeping it 2 weeks instead of 1:o I became a grandma on the royal wedding day and life has been a bit frazzled since then:eek:
Very good dvd, well worth watching.
Thanks to Collin for the loan and thanks to Angelina221 for keeping on top of the admin:hug:
I have to share my funny moment, my son Karl came round, I was engrossed in the dvd so muttered something about the kettle having just boiled and ignored him.
Suddenly there is a yelp and my roughy toughy solider son is half way across the room with a horrified look on his face.:Scared:
Who knew that seeing a guy get his bits waxed would be more traumatic then getting shot at.
I guess it's true there are some things that a mother and son should never share:green:
Enjoy the dvd :hug::hug:

I agree and that's why I invite trainees to re-train with me free of charge if I don't think they're up to standard.

Andy and I making a dvd? We've been approached several times but I need to lose some weight first (as Jen just made very clear on her reply). For the record, if we do make one (watch this space) it will include both male and female intimate waxing and troubleshooting on different hair and body types. and it'll cost around £50. xxx

WAX ON !

( watch this space) if yous do make a dvd i would more than gladly be your model i aint no size 0 far from it lol . but to be fair i think yous will be more intrested in the direction my hair is growing
yous can wax me from top to toe and if you wanted to throw in a copy for my services would be much appreciated :) if not can i order my copy while im on the table :D

I bought this DVD (LORI NESTOR WAXING QUEEN) and it was overpriced, I know its not meant to replace traing, but I thought it would have been a little more substantial, all the models were perfect examples, without too much hair in the first place, a little bit about the problems faced, such as overweight or extreamely hairy subjects would have been good etc., other ideas for positions for intimate waxing other than on all fours, would also have helped. I have had people refuse to go on all fours! its interesting to watch but thats about it. its really about seeing how fab lori is at waxing!

Last edited by a moderator:
You are the first person EVER, I have heard slate this dvd. Maybe you'd like to make a better one:lol:

Here is not the place to try to sell it. You could try Geekbay but you might have had more luck if you had rated it(?)

I wonder if you give your ebay listings negative reviews...?

Are you sure it was the 'Whole ball of wax' dvd?
There is an example of extremely hairy on there. She waxes half a woman's leg and I honestly thought it was a mans legs to start with because they are so hairy!
I do a lot of intimate waxing and I've never once had anyone refuse to get on all fours and they always come back. I guess if people feel comfortable with the therapist and the therapist is professional then they feel comfortable which is what Lori says in the dvd.

You may have the "old" version of the whole ball of wax, models on the updated recording are hairier.

The BBW section of the DVD is just a small part of approximately 4 hours of real time waxing and is an invaluable tool for anybody, regardless of their level of waxing capability.

Most of my clients are waxed in the way the DVD suggests however, this isn't set in stone, and I do have alternative methods.

Hi Angelina221, I have pm'd you re the WBOW loan scheme. Would love to add my name to list and was wondering if you are still organizing? Thanks v much!

I'm still interested

Bump!! Can anybody tell me who is in charge of this loan scheme of if it is still running? Thanks!

I have been doing it for the last 2 years or so. There were 2 dvd's doing the round.
The deal was that you get to keep it for one week and then pass it on to the next person on the list via recorded delivery.
I would say about 20% of people stuck to this and most people have kept if for longer even after promising not to so it is behind schedule as usual.
One of the dvd's has gone missing. Wendy K has had the dvd for about 5 months now and is not replying to emails or pm's so I think we can safely say that the dvd will not be making it's way back into the scheme.
So, that means that there is only 1 dvd now and the last person has had it for nearly a month. I have pm'd them today and will see if they reply.
If not, then that will be all folks!
There will be no dvd's to distribute. It has been quite an eye-opener for me.

Thanks for getting back to me. Annoying because I bet the DVD is just sitting in their DVD stand not being used! If they find their way back could you please add me to list. I will end up purchasing this im sure, as i bought the male bbw download and it was fantastic. Very informative. Just no room in budget this soon after Christmas. Will have to learn to be patient I suppose. . Thanks!!

Oh wow Ive just stumbled across this. I would have loved to have taken part in this. Such a shame.

I wonder if we could persuade ZoZo (UK distributor for Berins) to run something whereby you pay £20 upfront to borrow and then it's credited to your wax a/c when you make a berins purchase and return the DVD? People may be more inclined to return it then?

Latest posts

Back