Thinking about becoming a vegetarian

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without giving away too much info did anyone else get any unwanted side effects when they first switched? I have the foulest wind and stomachs ache plus really bad headaches. Think headaches may be down to lack of caffeine but really my rear end is most offensive :-0

question for vegans.Just out of curiosity and in no way provocation and as I don't know any vegans. If you have dogs and cats would you feed them a vegetarian substitute.

Last edited:
OMG lol I'm the same with eggs the purple red spot with the unbilacle cord lol the White string bit lol I fish it out with a spoon lol.it makes gag and I can't eat eggs anywhere other than home because of the spot lol.

Don't even get me started on meat it's the veins,tubes,tumours,bloody bits and gristle like in mince lol and beef joints yuuuukkkkk x

The majority of commerical laying hens will never in their lifetime come in contact with a rooster...
No rooster= no umbilical cord . It's not possible as with all species we need both sexes for reproduction.

I was veggie for 4 years and 2 pregnancies. I don't eat a lot of meat now anyway.

question for vegans.Just out of curiosity and in no way provocation and as I don't know any vegans. If you have dogs and cats would you feed them a vegetarian substitute.

My cats eat meat. My children eat meat (rarely) but they had a free range chicken for tea. If my children said to me "I want to be vegan" then I would embrace their choice but since cats can't talk then I assume that they aren't going to suddenly say "you know what mum, I don't want whiskers get me a carrot" and so I will continue to feed them meat x

Without giving away too much info did anyone else get any unwanted side effects when they first switched? I have the foulest wind and stomachs ache plus really bad headaches. Think headaches may be down to lack of caffeine but really my rear end is most offensive :-0

Yes, I was same. I think it's your body clearing as once you up the intake on the likes of veggies, nuts, pulses etc your body just needs time to adjust.
I used to get bad stomach pains with meat possibly because our bodies don't break it down so easy so meat is sitting in your intestines for longer.
Caffeine definitely leads to headaches which is why it can be better to gradually cut it out instead of going cold turkey.
It will all regulate itself!

No, cats are obligate carnivores and my cat's poor tummy is so sensitive she has to have special biscuits so that's not something I'd be willing to risk. Plus technically she's my parents' cat so it's their choice.

Dogs do better on a vegan diet but this is my diet choice. I don't know what I'd do if I had a dog. Maybe if I got them from a puppy I'd think about it.

Re: the gas - it's really common and it will pass, if you'll pardon the pun.

Just a thought, have you eaten a lot of beans / lentils etc? Because that can definitely contribute to it. After 6 years I'm used it so don't get affected that way very often anymore.

No, cats are obligate carnivores and my cat's poor tummy is so sensitive she has to have special biscuits so that's not something I'd be willing to risk. Plus technically she's my parents' cat so it's their choice.

Dogs do better on a vegan diet but this is my diet choice. I don't know what I'd do if I had a dog. Maybe if I got them from a puppy I'd think about it.

Re: the gas - it's really common and it will pass, if you'll pardon the pun.

Just a thought, have you eaten a lot of beans / lentils etc? Because that can definitely contribute to it. After 6 years I'm used it so don't get affected that way very often anymore.

I'm loving on lentils, beans and veg lol xx

I'm loving on lentils, beans and veg lol xx

Living..blinking iPhone.
I have only had 3 black coffees in last 5 days. I can't get used to the milk alternatives in coffee :(
I think my family are going to disown me if the gas continues! The men who work in Nicks office are moaning at him lol

Living..blinking iPhone.
I have only had 3 black coffees in last 5 days. I can't get used to the milk alternatives in coffee :(
I think my family are going to disown me if the gas continues! The men who work in Nicks office are moaning at him lol
Are you taking a lot of soy milk...that used to be the deal breaker with me . Changed to oat milk and all peace was restored

Living..blinking iPhone.

Yep the beans and lentils will do it. Your body will settle down, it just takes a bit of time.

Apparently if you cook them with some sea vegetables in, that helps (I'll have to check which one it is, but i'm sure it's one you can buy in Sainsburys).

Edit: coffee, yeah it took me some getting used to but I love a soya latte now. I think they're worse in tea. It took me a couple of years to get used to soya milk in tea, but now I'm ok with it.

Are you taking a lot of soy milk...that used to be the deal breaker with me . Changed to oat milk and all peace was restored

Just almond milk, half a glass in my morning porridge :) I can't stand Soy milk Yuck yuck yuck

Hi CHarvey! Just wanted to say i have decided to go veggie too, have been doing it for about a week now and all is going well, ive had a few belly pains and headaches too and i think it could be due to the fact i used to eat so much crap my body is not used to digesting veg lol.
I did it for a couple of years when i was younger but i was only about 13 and didnt know how to cook so pretty much lived off cheese on toast and so as you can imagine i wasnt very healthy!
But im determined to do it properly this time (im 21, can cook so have no excuse), ive been doing well so far, found quarn mince to be great! Keep us poasted at how your doing :)
P.s im also a well known meat lover, couldnt go a morning without a sausage sarnie so it is quite tough for me too, but at the end of the day i just dont think its right to eat animals :) x

Day 6 and still going strong ;)

The majority of commerical laying hens will never in their lifetime come in contact with a rooster...
No rooster= no umbilical cord . It's not possible as with all species we need both sexes for reproduction.

I was veggie for 4 years and 2 pregnancies. I don't eat a lot of meat now anyway.

I know it's not an umbilical cord lmao that's just what I call it heheheh :lol:

Help!!! Having a Chinese as a treat but what can I have?!????

If you are still eating eggs most of the vegetarian dishes will be fine. Just avoid oyster sauce! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

If you are still eating eggs most of the vegetarian dishes will be fine. Just avoid oyster sauce! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I phoned the take away and guesse what?? They do vegan dishs!!
Had mushroom rice and Quorn stror fry ;)

I phoned the take away and guesse what?? They do vegan dishs!!
Had mushroom rice and Quorn stror fry ;)

Stir fry..fat thumbs

Latest posts

Back