Thinking of swapping Shellac for Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine aren't "teenaged tourists" either thank you very much! Neon is a popular trend in the summer months whether you or I personally like it is neither here or there really.

As I said, not with our clients ... lol they wouldn't be seen dead in it. But, again as I said, I accept there are different markets .. thank God it's not mine :lol: No need to be defensive. FIY they would also not look at magnetic stuff either. I can make any Shellac colour look Magnetic with the additives and they all think it looks chavey; a fad that will go away and we wont be lkft with any on our shelves so we are happy. If others are making money with it then great... go for it!.

As I said, not with our clients ... lol they wouldn't be seen dead in it. But, again as I said, I accept there are different markets .. thank God it's not mine :lol: No need to be defensive. FIY they would also not look at magnetic stuff either. I can make any Shellac colour look Magnetic with the additives and they all think it looks chavey; a fad that will go away and we wont be lkft with any on our shelves so we are happy. If others are making money with it then great... go for it!.

Bit hard not to be defensive when you are forever pooh poohing any idea/service that doesn't correspond with your own. And "FYI" too, I don't offer magneto but I wouldn't for one minute insinuate it is "chavvy" as that is plain offensive to people who offer it or wear it!

To the OP, only you know what your clients would like and in this competitive market you need to cater for what they want, instead of what your own personal preferences are. In my opinion I would still stick with shellac but perhaps get a small amount of asked for Gelish colours and take it from there. Good luck xx

Bit hard not to be defensive when you are forever pooh poohing any idea/service that doesn't correspond with your own. And "FYI" too, I don't offer magneto but I wouldn't for one minute insinuate it is "chavvy" as that is plain offensive to people who offer it or wear it!

To the OP, only you know what your clients would like and in this competitive market you need to cater for what they want, instead of what your own personal preferences are. In my opinion I would still stick with shellac but perhaps get a small amount of asked for Gelish colours and take it from there. Good luck xx

But, again as I said, I accept there are different markets. If others are making money with it then great... go for it!.
Which is exactly what I said. Thank you.
Do you actually read my posts, or just look for an opportunity to try to score a few points?

Ok what happened to the supportive environment that used to be on salon geek! The reason I joined! If I wanted this drama I would have a Facebook! Let's all be nice and help each other again.😃

Ok what happened to the supportive environment that used to be on salon geek! The reason I joined! If I wanted this drama I would have a Facebook! Let's all be nice and help each other again.��
Here here!
I have been quite shocked by the conversations on this post. Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it. But there's no need to be difficult when answering posts.

So, we all agree there are different markets, and different clients want different things.
Therefore the OP can keep on with Shellac for classic colours and clients! and add Gelish colours for her more adventurous colourful clients.
Sorted, but just in case anyone else wants to disagree even though they do actually agree, :confused:
I shall end this, as asked and answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back