This month's Scratch ~ Harmony gel and LED lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sian1979

Reaction score
well have just got this months scratch (and the gloss mag!!...woo hoo!!)....and fab as ever it is to read.
There a few really good articles in there to read....one of them about gels...along with a few step by steps. I noticed on the Harmony one it mentions curing their gels in a LED lamp for 10 secs or UV for two minutes...... to me this LED light sounds quite impressive....and a great time saver.
Is this some new technology or something that other gel brands with start producing possibly???....I also like the fact that their gel polish come in bottles rather than small pots and get applied with its own brush.
Another article which makes interesting reading is on the tech that has come up with the bubble nails.....nail art is fab but not too sure on the nail shape!!

I havent had chance to have a good look at mine yet but had a quick flick through earlier, did you see the article on the bubble nails? What do you think to those then! I think they look absolutely vulgar in fact they bare resemblance to the very first time I attempted to do some nails on my nail trainer lol x

Fab fab fab articles in this months as well as the gloss mag whoop whoop.
loved Doug's article and the gel special.
However I cannot see what the deal is with those bubble nails:irked:, they are gross, look like hazlenuts placed on the nail and then painted, mind you gues she could do some ladybird art or turtles, good for fancy dress I suppose but not for everyday, its like duck bill nails imho nasty goes against the grain with me....
One thing you wouldnt get a client coming back saying she had broke one lmao
Jen xxx

yup have to agree dont particularly like the nail shape and it did remind me q bit of the flair nail debate, lol! But as they say 'whatever floats you boat'....she obviously has clients that like them.
I have just read the wedding special..... i know its in there every year but its different each time. I have just put together some wedding packages to include a series of manicures and then the last appointment for either enhancements or another manicure based on the article from last year i think it was; so hopefully will be able to cash in on some brides for the summer, lol!! How many brides to be do you get that come in the week of the wedding for their nails to be done and they are a right mess??.... and your supposed to work a miracle.... especially on nail biters, where their skin around the nail is in a bad way. I like the idea of maybe promoting the male aspect of it a bit more as well.....i didn't realise that there were so many nail products available for men.

well have just got this months scratch (and the gloss mag!!...woo hoo!!)....and fab as ever it is to read.
There a few really good articles in there to read....one of them about gels...along with a few step by steps. I noticed on the Harmony one it mentions curing their gels in a LED lamp for 10 secs or UV for two minutes...... to me this LED light sounds quite impressive....and a great time saver.
Is this some new technology or something that other gel brands with start producing possibly???....I also like the fact that their gel polish come in bottles rather than small pots and get applied with its own brush.

YES Harmony does have a lamp that can do this but an LED lamp is not necessary... it IS a BONUS but you can still use your normal lamp just the same mate.
Gelish is a totally new product thats been in the pipeline for many years and YES the light IS impressive but not essential...it WILL cut timing down significantly in the salon though.
HTH x

Last edited by a moderator:
do led lamps work with other gels too or does the gel have to be specially designed for them?

If you cure traditional gel in a LED light, it will become brittle and break easily. Harmony is supposedly going to engineer their gel system, Reveal, to be LED compliant. That will be AWESOME !!

Another article which makes interesting reading is on the tech that has come up with the bubble nails.....nail art is fab but not too sure on the nail shape!!

Hi Sian,
We have ordered our LED Lamps and will keep you posted as to their safe arrival in the UK. Massive time saver using LED for Gelish .. stay tuned for finer details.. coming soon.
Regards

Nail Harmony UK
0800 0148300

Thank you for all the info. Glad to see that harmony and the gelish its available in the uk now.... has anyone else tried it yet? Was hoping to hear some feed back on what its like over natural nails??

Thank you for all the info. Glad to see that harmony and the gelish its available in the uk now.... has anyone else tried it yet? Was hoping to hear some feed back on what its like over natural nails??

Do a search hun - Shedunlop uses it and has posted quite a few positive feedback posts about it x:D

Latest posts

Back