This Weeks Geeky Challenge Entries Are In .....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choose your fave !

• 1st picture

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • 2nd picture

Votes: 42 70.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
Here you go ......this weeks theme is...2 inch nails
All for fun ,vote for your fave pic !
Critique is not needed , if you would like to state your reasons for choosing the one you have though that is fine xxx

If the entrant would like critique they will post their photo up in the critique section after the poll is closed .

Only reason for this , is not to put off any future geeks from entering ...we dont want to scare anybody off :green:

heres the rules again btw xxx
The Rules (as such!)
Hokey dokey ..here go's ...
this is how it will work so far ..
*We will work to a 2 week cycle ,
*Thursday, participants will be notified and given their theme,
*You will have 1 week to do your nail /nails.
*Entries must be sent to me by the following Thursday ,
so 7 days from you finding out , to me receiving your pic !
*I will put the poll on on the Friday ,
*I will close the poll on the Tuesday ,
*Then start again on the Thursday with the next pair

so in date terms it would be for example .......
Thurs 22nd march....you will be told you have been chosen and given your theme.
Thurs 29th march...entries must be sent to me , either on or before this date!
Fri 30rd march...entries will be posted in an anonymous poll ,
Tues 3rd april...poll will be closed ,winner , notified can choose a theme for next geeks,and you will win ..........sod all
Thurs 5th April ...new geeks will be notified

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 622
  • 2 inch nails.JPG
    2 inch nails.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 432
what a shame the hammer and nail wasn't on a real finger, with the hammer at the free-edge (facing backward) driving the nail into the nailbed, then through the finger (with a bit stuck to the underside of the finger itself) ......... i know, i'm a sadist:)

It is so difficult to choose a fav it is not down to which one is 'best' more down to peoples taste and me I love the second Pic as it is unusual and fun :lol:
Well Done xx

Wow - what were the rules of this again?

nice ideas, what a pity pic one is unclear.

Entries are fab, as usual!

What was the theme for this week? Like the first time was the 15 glitter challenge, what was the required element in this one or was it whatever!:green:

that was the clearest pic , i receieved of this geek lol ..feels rude not mentioning names :lol:

ive updated with the rules ...
there arent really many ..
the theme for the next two will be chosen by the geek with the higest number of votes on this one ...
i pick two geeks from a very techincal technique to enter ..
erm ... ideas can be done on real hand or tips ... as long as they fall into the theme ....

great ideas girls (or guys) when the theme was 2 inch nails the first thing to pop into my head was a hammer and nails, like Carl said would have liked to have seem it on a real nail with added blood xx

is the winner announced on Sunday or Monday Emma ?

lovely :) i have placed my vote

Placed my vote, both very clever though!! Good luck!! :)

Clever stuff ... have casted my vote.

Brill, I have voted. Well done both of you.

OK have added my vote x

great work by both geeks....this should be fun to see all the talent we have out there from acrossed this big wonderful world of ours......I also like the fact that we are able to put it on a tip ...as a few of us have clients/family not so willing to let us " have a go" at everything....

I wish the blue one could've been clearer, but i still voted for it as i loved the colour. The other one was really good though.

Well done to both Geeks who entered... both fantastic nails for different reasons!

It is hard to vote as each entry is totally unique with different criteria....

I think competitions are brill.. but the rules for the likes of this sort should be a little stricter so that we're not getting one nail winning over another... for the wrong reasons... does that make sense?!!!

I chose 1 because I like the colours... I think number 2 is fantastic and very well done also...

... 3d Art with a theme .. should be done seperately in my opinion...

Hope you see where I'm coming from .. and don't think I'm being rude!

Well done to both Geeks who entered... both fantastic nails for different reasons!

It is hard to vote as each entry is totally unique with different criteria....

I think competitions are brill.. but the rules for the likes of this sort should be a little stricter so that we're not getting one nail winning over another... for the wrong reasons... does that make sense?!!!

I chose 1 because I like the colours... I think number 2 is fantastic and very well done also...

... 3d Art with a theme .. should be done seperately in my opinion...

Hope you see where I'm coming from .. and don't think I'm being rude!

I cant see any one nail winning over another for wrong reasons, this is just for fun and purposefully "no rules".

We wanted to try and get people thinking "outside the box" which means anything goes, and this means, that with the mix of diff peeps on here, you will end up with 2 totally different nails.

The idea is to help geeks push themselves to maybe try something that they have not tried before, knowing that it is not up for "critique" as such. Also, the main reason is to have FUN, andhow can you have FUN with RULES, they are meant to be broken!!!!

It would be pretty boring if you had two nails the same or very similar, how would you choose then???

It's hard enough choosing beween them as it is without them being similar.

Rachel xxxx

Great work guys!
My votes in.

I do like the 2nd one, I would have done something similar myself!

My votes in too!
And may the best nail win!! hehe:lol:

Well done to you both.

the idea of these challenges / comps . whatever, you want to call it .
is that it is only for fun...there are no prizes to win , it isn't a competition on who's the best , or which nail is the best ...
please realise everyone it is just for fun ...
us techs have so much stress anyway with , work ,kids, neighbours , houses blah blah ...BARKING BLOOMIN DOGS :green: (journal buds will get that one )
this is just about pushing yourself .and expressing yourself if you want to !

i know for instance i find nails, nail art , very therapeutic , even when there is a little pressure behind it ...keeps me going , and sometimes i need a kick up the bum to get me going ...thats what I'm doing ...kicking you up the bums :green:

i think the least rules the better ...there is no strict criteria to meet , so you can think that bit further , and do whatever you want , as long as it somehow falls into the theme ,

there is to be no offence taken by the geek with the least votes at the end ....it doesn't mean your nail is rubbish ....and its not personal ..nobody knows who did what !

but it is voluntary and i give the chosen geeks the chance to back out at any stage if they want to ....nobody will be forced to carry on , if they don't want to

in-fact ... its a bit late now , but tomorrow , i will come up with a clear post on what the challenges are about ,
also a few rules (not strict ones though lol , just the whys whats and hows )

just so we all know whats going on lol :green:

Latest posts

Back