Those who spray tan - are you busy??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Just wondered if those of you offering spray tanning - are you busy or quiet at the moment??

I must admit I don't promote spray tanning that much as I don't have time as such to go out and post fliers.

But if I did have chance I would.

Anyway your input would be appreciated. xx

Yes very busy with spray tans and the hands on st tropez, at the moment we are doing at least 2/3 spray tans a day and yesterday we had 3 st tropez tans in. Another 2 spray tans in to day and next week alone we have a further 6 booked already :hug:

Think I need to promote it more. I'm so busy with work and looking after my little boy it is hard though! Do you mind if I ask what your charge is??

My spray tans (tantrick) is really picking up too... word of mouth seems to be getting around for me now and I have now 4 ladies who are weekly top up clients, had 12 tans last Thursday night and getting new clients more often now.

We have a special offer on at the moment.
Full body £15 and a top up withing a week for £10, this is due to finish at the end of may then it will go back up to £20 and top up within a week £15.
Another offer will then start (dont know what as yet) but its looking like it could be a mani/pedi offer. :hug:

Thanks! xx Only doing around one per week need to give myself a kick up the rear after buying all the equipment!!

I have had my minimist for about 6 weeks. put a joint ad in the echo with scattyfox that only went in for one night but I only got 1 call which I passed on to Scattyfox as it was in her area. That was the minute the paper came out, after that not one call.....

I have started promoting now and have put them on my website. Have started advertising that I am mobile instead of just in the salon and have had 3 mobile clients this week, one for nails and a spray tan, one just for nails and one just for a spray tan! :green:

The lady I did last night is a regular nail client at the salon, she works in a shop in the town centre and said if I can give her a load of flyers she will put them on the counter at work, apparantly they always have takeaway menus etc. I gave her a big stack of spray tan leaflets so hopefully the phone will start ringing soon.......

I had printed them off to post through doors but thought that would be a better way to get them out because it saves my legs plus they wont be going through peoples doors who just arent interested. If they are interested they will take one!

I am doing an offer of £15 until the end of may also. hadnt thought about a top up within a week, Is that a popular thing then? I have been telling them it should last longer than that anyway......

I have been busy with them but I also have a £15 offer on this week, i charge £25, - never thought about the top up thing thats a brill idea xxx

I need to get going with Spray tanning not promoted it as much as I should ~ too busy with nails. I dont have a dedicated area so it means me moveing everything to put the tent up - great if you have a few clients in a row but a pain if you have them spread out with other appointments. The salon is being renovated in the next month or so and I will then have a seperate nail area so plan to make more of a effort then.
My offer is if you take a friend you each get £5 discount.

Havent done any promoting in the salon that i work just a poster in the window but yes we have been so busy with them, i think it is the sun starting to shine, they are just as busy as our sunbeds

Were not busy we just sent a load of flyers out but still waiting fo those calls i was hoping it would start to pick up now:cry:

The spray tan season is now upon us and I am getting busier with it...the sunshine brings the clients out as they want to get their legs out...nice and brown, not milk bottle white!

Spray tanning is a very lucrative part of your business...I'd even go so far as to say the most profitable sector of my business.

Last year in the summer I was doing on average about 5 spray tans per day.....reminder to self, must get my old record cards and and ring round some of my old clients from my old salon!

I agree with Cathie, May to July is our busiest time of year for spray tanning - everyone wants to get the tights and socks off and sandals and skirts on (so pedicures too!). Weddings, proms, holidays...it's a brill time to promote...if you're just starting out do a special price promotion for a couple of weeks and they'll be back next month for more at normal price!!!!!!

Never really promoted it until recently so my spray tanning wasn't that popular. The last few months i've started to advertise it in the window & it has really taken off. I have 7 booked in for tomorrow afternoon! Switching over to Tantrick after my training on thursday so i'll really be pushing it as of next week!

Latest posts

Back