Tint on client's hair -shall I refund?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think what i posted was rude at all.

The therapist could have moved away from the client rather than cough over her, but she didn't.

Coughing over someone is disgusting even if it is by accident.

We havent identified wether she actually coughed over the client tho. We know how dramatic clients can be

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

I would just refund her to get rid of her and put her on my list of people not welcome in my salon.
Sometime you can't help coughing. It just happens! You can't always stay off work with a cough when you have bills to pay!

Your client is right the therapist coughing while doing her treatment was vile, she could of spread a whole manner of germs over the client!

As a professional your therapist shouldnt have been doing the treatment if unwell or she have put on a disposable mask to stop and germs spreading.

When doing a lash/brow tint the therapist is working in close proxsimity to the client,so anything like coughing etc does come across as gross and very unhygienic!

You should refund her, as your company was in the wrong and no matter how rude the client is you still need to give the client her money back.

I doubt after been coughed over and having tint in her hair she would want to come back and use vouchers with you.

I cant help but am wondering do you really call in sick/cancel clients if you have a bit of cold/cough?

I cant help but am wondering do you really call in sick/cancel clients if you have a bit of cold/cough?
No you dont! x

Thanks for your input.
I had a meeting with the therapists today. Both girls involved don't know how that happened. Might've been that the clients ran her hand through her hair and brought in her face or the hair moved on hair face...not sure.
I've called her to come in for a refund.
We all have the odd coughs and sneezes, I'm not going to send my therapist home or ask her to permanently wear a freaky looking face mask just in case she might cough, it's ridiculous.

July x

I think you should just refund her and get her out of your hair.

Your client is right the therapist coughing while doing her treatment was vile, she could of spread a whole manner of germs over the client!

As a professional your therapist shouldnt have been doing the treatment if unwell or she have put on a disposable mask to stop and germs spreading.

When doing a lash/brow tint the therapist is working in close proxsimity to the client,so anything like coughing etc does come across as gross and very unhygienic!

I actually find this quite offensive - my partner has cystic fibrosis and is often overcome with "vile" coughing fits that he cannot control. He is not contagious and has no control over when or where these coughing fits will take place, yet people are so quick to judge and look at him disgusted, like he is spreading cold and flu everywhere.

Not saying this therapist has CF but cut her some slack - surely you and most everyone else on here has at least one time in your life had a sudden coughing fit. It takes you by surprise and it's not like you can pause it and continue once you've finished the brow tint!

Latest posts

Back