Tips for Growing Hair long.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-beauty

Reaction score
Hope you dont mind geeks, i really need advice or tips on how to grow and thicken my hair.

At the moment the front is above the jaw line and the back just hits the bottom of my neck, my hair is really curly so do have to strighten it once a week. i always wear it tied back as its uneven and wear a head band to keep the hair and very short layers off my face (i know what your thinking Mullet gone wrong lol)

i had a really bad cut and the hairdresser razor thined my hair...i then put hair extensions in for a few months to give length and thicken it out but they totally ruined my hair.:cry:

i have had my hair trimed, i have stopped dyeing it, i only use the strightners once a week. i have been useing a serum that is organic it has no mineral oil, parabens, that i use every day. at the moment i use herbal essense shampoo and conditioner. i only wash my hair once a week as my hair is very dry from over dyeing.

does, maine and tail or what ever its called work?
can you recommend hair products
i know it gets asked all the time but
any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

:hug:

Hi
I too want to grow my hair and as a professional I was very dubious and last year bought a shampoo and conditioner called F.A.S.T. Claiming it increases (stimulates) natural hair growth, it has basically vitamins for hair similar to those in the vitamins you can take.
Anyway I did buy some and really it wasnt that expensive. Well my hair did grow quicker than normal for me and people commented at how quick my hair grew.
I ran out and didnt buy anymore and noticed slower hair growth, so Im buying some more this week to try and get my hair longer for the summertime.
This is only my personal opinion and I am happy with the product if you are interested you can do a google search youll find the stockist.
hths.

As my hairdresser says to me - be patient !!!

Not want you want to hear but there really isnt a easy option apart from extensions. Similar to people that want long nails - have enhancements or let them grow.

It will get to where you want before you know it.

Hi
I too want to grow my hair and as a professional I was very dubious and last year bought a shampoo and conditioner called F.A.S.T. Claiming it increases (stimulates) natural hair growth, it has basically vitamins for hair similar to those in the vitamins you can take.
Anyway I did buy some and really it wasnt that expensive. Well my hair did grow quicker than normal for me and people commented at how quick my hair grew.
I ran out and didnt buy anymore and noticed slower hair growth, so Im buying some more this week to try and get my hair longer for the summertime.
This is only my personal opinion and I am happy with the product if you are interested you can do a google search youll find the stockist.
hths.

I bought F.A.S.T. shampoo and conditioner as well, and I think it has worked on my hair, I have had loads of people comment on how long my hair has gotten in a short length of time, and these are people that see me on a regular basis. Like you, Paulette, I ran out and began to notice the growth rate went back to normal, so I am going to buy some more this week.

I grew my hair for my wedding, I used fast shampoo and conditioner, skin, nail and hair vitamins from holland and barrett, Austrailian organic shampoo from Holland and Barrett, and used occasionally sea kelp.

(Just to say, I dont work for holland and barrett).lol

I had my hair from short below the ear to just below my shoulders in one year.

The hairdresser, said I don't know what you have used, but your hair has fairly come on.:)

Another thing which could help are SEA KELP tablets. I get mine cheap from Holland and Barratt. These are not advertised as such, but there are many reports that these will double your rate of monthly hair growth. You have to take one with every meal, but after about three months the effect wears off. Then you need to stop taking them for a month, and then take them again for three months.

thanks geeks

have just brought some F.A.S.T. :green: c:green: cant waite to try it

I have been taking Silica, which is a mineral, i got it from Hollarnd and Barratt. most helath food shops sell it.

My hair grows fast, i have to get my roots done every 4 or five weeks.

Also my hairdresser whispered in my ear....'stop getting your hair cut if you want to grow your hair'

Do a google search and youll find the stockists from the website. I dont want to advertise for them incase I get into trouble! Fast hair shampoo.

Do a google search and youll find the stockists from the website. I dont want to advertise for them incase I get into trouble! Fast hair shampoo.
thanks for this i will try it.:)
ive been trying to grow my hair for about the last 4 years from very short and spikey at the back and its now just past my shoulders.i feel like it has been at this length for the last year and its just not growing anymore. its driving me mad.however i was getting my hair cut/trimmed every 6weeks as i thought this was what you are meant to do so was that a mistake?
i really want long hair:cry:
great thread by the way.x

Latest posts

Back