to wax or not to wax?- that is the question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*beautifulme*

Reaction score
i know this sounds discusting to others, I'm renowned for my waxing- and i have i types in - for all sorts and i've been doing this for years.
This is an embarrassing question- would you wax a client who wanted a hollywood wax and was on their monthly (to put it nicely)?
Obviously i wear gloves when doing this treatment but i have had a few clients in on their monthly but wearing a towel (which is worse than wearing a tampon) depending on the situation i refuse to do it. Do you find this repulsive and would you turn them away or even give them just a bikini wax, or do the hollywood and give them what they want. i find it soooo confusing.
i would like to know what other therapists do when they are 'confronted' by this
what would you do?:eek:

I haven't come across this yet, but I think I would politely ask if they would come back the following week or so when it was ok!! Personally I wouldn't do it & am surprised that you've had clients be bold enough come for the treatment at that time!!:eek:

We feel pain more at that time of the month, they must be sadistic to want waxing at that time, if you are comfortable doing it then that is up to you but me myself would only consider doing the ones that wore a tampon and only if it was because they were going on holiday or getting married or any other legitamate reason, as for the towel wearers i dont know how they even dare to ask you, hmm some people :rolleyes:

Personally I have never found any waxing that comfortable when its that time of the month....my skin is more sensitive.

Could you not just suggest that the more delicate skin would be too sensitive then and they must either be satisfied with an ordinary bikini wax or re-book?

Gotta say I wouldnt do it, even wearing gloves, think about all the blood borne diseases which can easily be passed from one person to another. All it takes is one teensy weensy nick on your arm or anywhere else not covered by your gloves and you're infected.

i find it a bit gross anyway that anyone would want you to do that when they are bleeding, maybe im too squeamish

i would not wax anyone who was on their monthlys, tampon or no tampon

but thats because when i was doing my waxing course the first client i had for a bikini wax failed to say she as on her monthly and i whipped the tampon out during the treatment!

i was so stunned i didn't know if i wanted to laugh or cry

to be honest i have never had a client who whiped their tampon out during the treatment!
i find if the client is dicrete and clean enough with a tampon- fair enough. the reason i was asking was i had a client just before i posted it, on her period with a towel. even tho she said she just started it she did appologise, i thought 'well she is clean enough' so i did the bear minimun 'short back and sides'.
she did ask if i would do all of it :eek: but did tell her it would be better if she came the following week for it for obvious reasons.

personally i would find it too embarrassing to have this done myself or even to ask for it. also apart from feeling like im dying from being on it- more pain? no thanks.

i know this sounds discusting to others, I'm renowned for my waxing- and i have i types in - for all sorts and i've been doing this for years.
This is an embarrassing question- would you wax a client who wanted a hollywood wax and was on their monthly (to put it nicely)?
Obviously i wear gloves when doing this treatment but i have had a few clients in on their monthly but wearing a towel (which is worse than wearing a tampon) depending on the situation i refuse to do it. Do you find this repulsive and would you turn them away or even give them just a bikini wax, or do the hollywood and give them what they want. i find it soooo confusing.
i would like to know what other therapists do when they are 'confronted' by this
There is no way you could carry out a Hollywood when a client is on her period,wearing a towel.A towel would be impossible unless I wanted my hands/gloves to have blood on them.:eek: Which I absolutely do not want.

The towel would get in the way,I along with the client would get in a right mess and sorry,I love my job but not that much.I would simply tell her to come back when her monthly was finished.End of

I have carried out a standard bikini wax,whilst a client has had a tampon,not through choice,quite often I havn't even realised unless I have caught a glimpse of the string poking out of my clients underwear.

Id still do it, as long as they 'clean up' beforehand itsnot as if they are going to haemorrhage all over you is it. not in the space of 20 mins, whilst lying down. =]

My clients usually have tampons in if they're on, but to be honest, unless they told you, or didnt clean themselves well enough, youd never know if they were on their period or not!!

I agree with Lyndsay on this. Defo the basics until next time, or wait until for following week.

I have done many brazilian waxes for clients that are wearing tampons. As long as they tuck in the string then there is no chance of catching it with the wax. I have never once came across someone that had her monthly but wasn't wearing a tampon.

thanks geek! i find it interesting on ither peoples views on the matter. to be honest i think it depends on yourself. i just find it embarrasing on the client

thanks geek! i find it interesting on ither peoples views on the matter. to be honest i think it depends on yourself. i just find it embarrasing on the client

If the client was embarrased they wouldn't be in there with their tampon string hanging out in the first place.

i would not wax anyone who was on their monthlys, tampon or no tampon

but thats because when i was doing my waxing course the first client i had for a bikini wax failed to say she as on her monthly and i whipped the tampon out during the treatment!

i was so stunned i didn't know if i wanted to laugh or cry

Sorry i had to chuckle :lol: !

I would never agree to do it whatever the urgency no matter what, i can't believe someone would want it done! :eek: ewwww!

If the client was embarrased they wouldn't be in there with their tampon string hanging out in the first place.

LMAO! Sorry i have definately got the chuckles today!:lol: :hug:

Latest posts

Back