Too Much Information!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abigail's

Reaction score
Hi
I have a client i have been doing her nails for a while now, and she is lovely but, she has now started to tell me to much information about her private life! She is 65 and she is telling me about her sex life (she's old enough to be my nan! which is worse to think about) she keeps just coming in when i have no one in and tells me about everything and it might be 3 or 4 times a week she comes in just to tell me things. a comment the other day about her wearing a THONG!!!!:eek: was just to much. How do i say to stop telling me so much detail with out been rude? or is there no way of doing it with out losing her? :confused:

I like this woman!:lol::lol::lol:
She may be 65 but she isn't dead hehe

:lol:Just grin and bear it! I've got a 'mature' client like this too who insists on giving me practically a running commentary on her sex life and how she's convinced her luscious locks are down to her vibrant sex life!! She's probably right - no wonder my hair's so dul!!:lol:

Part of the therapist's role is to be a confidante/counsellor/confessor.
Just listen, don't judge, never repeat, and let it wash over you. In time you'll come to be able to make the right noises automatically without really listening to it!

I like this woman!:lol::lol::lol:
She may be 65 but she isn't dead hehe

Here Here
i hope my butt can support its self enough for me to still wear my thongs at 65 lol :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry but you don't come across as very empathetic. The one thing guaranteed in life is that you will get older, I hope that you have an exciting time when you are in your sixties and that you are surrounded by lovely people who cherish you for just being you:hug:

65 and still getting some action ? :Grope: Way to go ! LOL :green:

Hey hun

Id listen to her and smile, as they say "Theres life in an old dog yet"!! so to speak!! Please, please, Please dont think im ageist because im not and I want to be shaking my tic tacs when I reach her age, but she is in her prime bless her, also clients do look upon us as their friend so maybe she feels comfortable with you, Ive been told all sorts of secrets which I obviously do not share with anyone but I sometimes cringe with what my clients tell me I just think its better than talking about the weather lol :)

Sue x

Too, cute. I love that no matter what you say to them, they have been there/done that.
I have personalized license plates on my car because of one of my SEXY, older clients.

She was a red headed seventy-something attractive woman.
I asked what color she wanted and her request was FM Red.
I didn’t know what FM Red was and asked her to explain. She did.:eek:

I lost her almost 5 years ago. She passed suddenly one night, her heart stopped. I will remember her, always.

If she is coming just to chat in between appointments then yes it can become a problem...good thing to say here is

"hi Mrs *****, great to see you but i am very busy today...but please do save all you have to tell me for your next appointment cos we can have a good natter then"

personally i wouldn't be bothered about the content of her chat more the fact that its becoming too frequent and at the wrong times....keep it to appointments if you can.

I had a lady in her late 80's having brazilians for her fella! I just thought it was funny, not at her obviously more with her. She used to go on about her friends who were younger than her as dried up old prunes lol! She told me sex keeps you young as it releases endorphins and stops you being depressed.

Her Great great grandaughter had told her about mores position of the fortnight and how she thought she would struggle doing half of them at 20 let alone now, but she would have a damn good try lol!

I never got offended, its nature, its why we are here. I had them all but usually they get worse telling you there private life over the age of 40!

You have to understand your often seen as a neutral person in that clients life, she may have no one else to talk to or feel judged by her friends if she dosnt conform to a certain way.

Nod your head, smile and if she laughs you laugh, you dont have to actually really listen.

God if i told you stuff i heard over the years lol!

I used to do ann summers parties and i ran my own team, but its amazing how many people thought I was a sex counsellor and asked me all kinds of things.

Its your job to make her feel good about herself, whatever your views, and even if you feel its not to your taste I promise you will get used to it eventually!

Just think what counsellors have to hear in a day, and generally that is also your job.

Kate

perhaps next time she comes in give her a gift wrapped bible, this will tell her how you feel, then she can find someone with an ear that appreciates the vivaciousness of a woman that should apparently be sexless and in a wheelchair.

My mum is 68 and dads 69, all the neighbours know that if certain blinds are drawn, don't bother knocking.

They have a healthy sexlife and it was only at Christmas dad had mum on the loungeroom floor tickling her.

It's fabulous to see their obvious love for each other.

perhaps next time she comes in give her a gift wrapped bible, this will tell her how you feel, then she can find someone with an ear that appreciates the vivaciousness of a woman that should apparently be sexless and in a wheelchair

What a cracking reply - I could not stop laughing when I read this.

Seriously though - I do not know how old you are but I really think you should just say to your client - "good for you" Older people who are vibrant are to be admired. If you find her visits too much (which I can understand) just follow Bagpuss advice and say you will catch up with all the goss at your next appt. :hug:

I'd take it as a massive complement! She obviously likes you and trusts you and sees you as a sort of friend, thats why she comes back to you! Basically you're doing what we all should be doing, making people want tocome back to YOU becuase the love you!

Have you ever thought that maybe she doesnt have that many friends?

Ive got & had similar clients & they are my best, most regular ones. Keep them close!

hi thanks everyone for you replys.
I've never thought that she might not have anyone else to talk to. Don't get me worng i think she's a lovely lady but its when shes coming in all the time like 3 or 4 times a week. i will just try and not let it bother me, i don't want to lose her as i've done her for so long. i guess we all need someone to talk to at some point.
Thanks everyone again. xx

i will never forget one of my hair clients from yrs ago , she was wild !!! she told me all about her musical vibrator and the lot , how i didnt stuff up her hair from laughing i dont know !!! :lol:
i think its brill , and i hope i can be like that when i am that age , instead of a miserable old fart ,:lol:

hi thanks everyone for you replys.
I've never thought that she might not have anyone else to talk to. Don't get me worng i think she's a lovely lady but its when shes coming in all the time like 3 or 4 times a week. i will just try and not let it bother me, i don't want to lose her as i've done her for so long. i guess we all need someone to talk to at some point.
Thanks everyone again. xx

Abigail, some of my oldest clients have been treasures, even though sometimes they may say some things that are "lets just say odd", as long as it's not innapropriate, allow them to meander, thank heaven they have adjusted to the fact it's 2009.

I've had many of them and I've had many of them that have passed on over the last 23 years, I miss them dearly.

Embrace their passion for life, trust me, you will miss it and them when they are gone.

she told me all about her musical vibrator and the lot ,

I hoped they just played musical chairs at the Shady Pines Retirement Village :eek:

I had a prositute who liked swinging and she had extensions so i had to sit with her for 3 hours every 3 months!!:eek:

I had a prositute who liked swinging and she had extensions so i had to sit with her for 3 hours every 3 months!!:eek:

Lol I had the most pretentious lady from the cheshire set once, and i was dead nervous every time she came in cause she was posh and spent loads of money and I never wanted to lose her as a client.

After her third visit she was talking about her gym instructor, (she was married) and how good he was........ in the bedroom!!! OH my jaw was 0n the floor! From that day on I got to learn all about her antics from having her coochi moulded in latex then having a bronze cast of it etc.

She was hilarious! I love clients like that it makes your day and certainly some great stories to relay lol! xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back