Top Gear Petition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Skin Day

Reaction score
Do you love this programme as much as me?

Don't want to see it banned by a bunch of BBC bureaucrats?

Sign the petition people....it's been online for a matter of days and already has over 53000 signatures...help the cause!

All you have to do is fill in your name and email address and submit it to the petition, your email address is kept private. :green:

Save Top Gear! Petition

Whaaaaaa?

Why do they want it banned?!

Are they gonna ban formula 1 then too?

Are they gonna ban formula 1 then too?

Ooh they can if they want as long as they keep Top Gear!

I think it's something to do with formula 1 drivers being professional race drivers, and Hammond being a 'personality'.

But who else remembers Anthea Turner being set on fire on GMTV (or the like) by a motorbike stunt gone wrong...they didn't ban morning television did they?!

It'll just be knee jerk reaction by some goody goody tree hugger, it happens every time someone famous gets hurt, "Oh no, lets ban that, a celebrity got hurt, its dangerous, it wasn't just an accident that could have happened to anyone"

One unfortunate thing happens to someone in the public eye and everyone goes nuts, but the truth is, if it had happened to someone who does it everyday that you wouldn't recognise if you fell over them, there wouldn't be all this palava (sp?).

I like Richard Hammond and hope he gets better soon, and he'll probably be the first to admit that it was just an unfortunate accident which does not warrant the programme being cancelled.

I like Richard Hammond and hope he gets better soon, and he'll probably be the first to admit that it was just an unfortunate accident which does not warrant the programme being cancelled.

Hammond has already said he doesn't want Top Gear banned....and Jeremy Clarkson said something like "now I've made sure Hammond's okay, I've got to get out there and make sure there's a programme for him to come back to."

Eek even they haven't got any say :eek:

The BBC have postponed series 8 and have talked about 'dumbing it down' and, yes, even cancelling it :rolleyes:

I have signed, and passed the link on

I will not be signing this petition......

I was shocked as much as anyone when I heard about Richard Hammond's crash...and am delighted he is making a good recovery.

I don't think the programme should be banned...but I do think that they need to look at the format and revise whether sensationalist stunts like this....that CAN go wrong ...are really what the programme is about.

If the threat of a ban brings this about...then it can only be a good thing.

Isn't this programme supposed to be about car's....not SPEED?
I think Jeremy Clarkson and the other Presenter's need to get back to basics and stop acting like Boy's with Toy's....

This outdated Macho attitude ...who has the fastest most powerful car...and who can drive the fastest... is pathetic....and dangerous.

Road Accidents are still the leading cause of death for young males aged 17-24....and speed is the main contributing factor....

We don't need features on a television programme glamorising speed!

this is not dumming down.....it is being intelligent and responsible.

I've signed it. I take on board your comments about young men and speed, however IMO young men have always driven too fast in some cases and always will whilst so ever cars are about. I don't think that banning Top Gear would have much impression on that statistic. JMO no offence meant to anyone.

Do you love this programme as much as me?

Don't want to see it banned by a bunch of BBC bureaucrats?

Sign the petition people....it's been online for a matter of days and already has over 53000 signatures...help the cause!

All you have to do is fill in your name and email address and submit it to the petition, your email address is kept private. :green:

Save Top Gear! Petition

I've signed the petition, don't want to loose that programme.:cry:

Teri x

Count me out, cars are soooo boring. I would rather watch a programme about how to make a paper teapot.

Count me out, cars are soooo boring. I would rather watch a programme about how to make a paper teapot.

Oooh, when you find out can you tell me too???!!!! Lmao, sorry in a bit of a funny mood.....:lol:

I signed it xxx

I will not be signing this petition......

Isn't this programme supposed to be about car's....not SPEED?
I think Jeremy Clarkson and the other Presenter's need to get back to basics and stop acting like Boy's with Toy's....

This outdated Macho attitude ...who has the fastest most powerful car...and who can drive the fastest... is pathetic....and dangerous.

Road Accidents are still the leading cause of death for young males aged 17-24....and speed is the main contributing factor....

We don't need features on a television programme glamorising speed!

this is not dumming down.....it is being intelligent and responsible.

Have either of you actually watched the show ?? Do you have any idea what it's about ??

Not meaning to offend, but you both sound like two old grannies. Perhaps watching how to make a paper teapot is more up your street .....

Top Gear is a FAB programme and super entertaining. James, Richard and Jeremy don't hold back and say things as they are. This is one of the big reasons why I love them and the show so much.

I'm not a petrol head, but boy, do they make cars exciting. Top Gear is not all about speed, but there is lots of fun and daft things in it as well. I will never forget Jeremy's TOYBOTA that he made. It was a scream !

These guys enjoy their job and it's is one of the few programmes that actually makes it worth while paying my TV lisence for.

I SUPPORT THEM 100% !!

Marlise

have you watched it? I think its great! give me Top Gear over any of the morbid, depressing soaps anyday!

I have signed it x

Have either of you actually watched the show ?? Do you have any idea what it's about ??

Not meaning to offend, but you both sound like two old grannies. Perhaps watching how to make a paper teapot is more up your street .....

Top Gear is a FAB programme and super entertaining. James, Richard and Jeremy don't hold back and say things as they are. This is one of the big reasons why I love them and the show so much.

I'm not a petrol head, but boy, do they make cars exciting. Top Gear is not all about speed, but there is lots of fun and daft things in it as well. I will never forget Jeremy's TOYBOTA that he made. It was a scream !

These guys enjoy their job and it's is one of the few programmes that actually makes it worth while paying my TV lisence for.

I SUPPORT THEM 100% !!

Marlise

Hey...don't lump me in with that old Granny Jac!!!...she is WAY older and grumpier than me!!

I do take your point....and I do like Richard Hammond...
but there is no way I will ever like Jeremy Clarkson!!....
and yes I am sure there is more to the programme than the macho posturing I mentioned.....
but I do think they need to revise the format in light of recent events....
and maybe I would start watching it again!!
...I love cars...and Formula 1....I just don't like anything that would glamorise and encourage speeding drivers on our roads.

I think its great! give me Top Gear over any of the morbid, depressing soaps anyday!

I have signed it x

Me too, I used to watch it with my Dad every sunday now I'm not usually in on a Sunday but I signed it!

IMHO its all about speed, my favorate episode (?) was when they made the Espase into a convertable & went through Woburn Safari Park & went through the car wash & set it alight :lol:

Hey...don't lump me in with that old Granny Jac!!!...she is WAY older and grumpier than me!!

I do take your point....and I do like Richard Hammond...but there is no way I will ever like Jeremy Clarkson!!....and yes I am sure there is more to the programme than the macho posturing I mentioned.....but I do think they need to revise the format in light of recent events....and maybe I would start watching it again!!...I love cars...and Formula 1....I just don't like anything that would glamorise and encourage speeding drivers on our roads.

Sorry, you are lumped with her :lol:

They don't glamorise speed, part of the show is to actually test cars and see if they can actually do what the manufacturers claim. They are providing us with a service.

As far as speeding goes, every single one of us speeds, you can't deny it, even you ! It doesn't take a programme like Top Gear or even Fifth Gear to make us do it. We simply do.

Marlise

If we are talking about favorite episode mine has got to be when they all went caravaning, it was a total disaster and absolutely hilarious xx

If we are talking about favorite episode mine has got to be when they all went caravaning, it was a total disaster and absolutely hilarious xx

OMG, how hysterical was that !!! The tears were running down my face.

Eating Spam of the broken plates :) :)

I think some of it was "acting" a bit, especially when the caravan and the next door caravan caught fire, but it sure made me laugh.

Marlise

Latest posts

Back