Touch The Sausage!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitmore

Reaction score
Hi
Did anyone watch Super nanny? Well i have never seen anything like it in my life, wanted to jump in the tv and bit*ch slap the mother!
the little boy had a phobia of food, after having Gastric when he was younger, and he was generally affaid of food.
The mother and father were sadistic, horrible people, shuvin sausage and yogart in the little boys face! Could not believe my eyes. Even when he started to eat his parents would still cause a big ding dong at meal times over what he wasnt eating.
Fair enough, it must be awful to watch your child not eat, but come on...... Feel the sausage, rub it on your lips....what's that all about.
Anyone else agree that the problem was the parents!

xx

Hopefully someone from social services saw it too because force feeding is child abuse.

didn't watch it,

but bad parenting or what.xxx :evil:

My adhd child (i know i go on and on about him) is scared of FAT. on bacon or ham or chips, he will spend hrs trying to pick it off because the school have told him that fat is bad for him, i have difficulty enough getting food down him as it is... i admit he eats healthy food, i limit sweets,(tried telling him sweets are bad for him but he still likes them lol) i would never give my child anything that he is afraid of..i have to give him oven chips so he can see they are not cooked in fat, he watches me serve his dinner so he can see im not sneeking fat in his food.. i could shoot parents that dony understand yes it is hard but they are your kids...

I suprised they actually aired it to be truthfull, it was child abuse. I wanted to take him away from them. I was slagging the poor little mite off in a thread yesterday, only saw the clips on tv, So here is my apology

VERY SORRY LITTLE BOY XXXXXXXXXX

Alot of people think that when they see a child being a pain in the butt, its there fault.. sometimes there is a good reason why.. i have learn that by my son.. if i see a child being a little s@&* i try a see what is happening around them and think that they have the same probs as mine..

i missed it last night, but everytime i watch it i can see just whats wrong and what they need to do..every single time its the parents..remember the one where the boys mum and step dad where boxing instructors...moaning cos there son was violent..!!!! the stepdad says .."dont hit your mum..hit me instead"...and they ask whats wrong !!!!

Maybe its a case of if you are in the middle of it you cant see whats in front of you...but omg some of these parents must be blind if they cant see that they are the problem.

My two youngest where ripping each other to bits last night...i had shouted at them to pack it in...sent them to different rooms....gave them a prep talk on how sisters should love each other .... then i grabbed a story book...said who wants to hear a story and lo and behold peace. They stopped fighting sat next to each other and didnt move while i read a story to them, by the time i had finished they had calmed right down and forgotton why they where fighting. Sometimes it takes more effort on your part but there are ways to get them to respond.

Thats the beauty of distraction nailstyle!! works wonderfully with toddlers too!!

I watched it! I was digusted with the mothers behaviour!!! It was horrendous!!!

My son is like the little boy on supernanny. Only eats chip and chicken shapes.
i would never forced anything down him like i saw her do last night.
I can understand that its fusturating when they wont eat but that was way out of order.
and the other thing what anoyned me was when he was trying things out they didn't say well done,they was making him eat all of it.
poor lad.
i try to get him to eat more but hes too subborn and if he tries something different i always make a fuss of him.

oh god i missed it. But i do love the program. Like you say you just want to slap the parents. I think the one that horrified me the most was last series when the family was well out control, and her 6 year old was using sharp knifes to cut up food to help prep for the meals. The mother hated it, but the father thought it was good!!!!

Go figure.

Supernanny Jo needs a bloody medal.

XXX

the only other way i get food different food down my kids is.... get very excited about it and tell them to try it, eat it today and if you dont like it i wont do it again.. the amount of times they say that nice can we have it again, surprises myself sometimes..

another good one is telling them they cant have something...its mummy and daddys...then they want it. xx

I think the only way to get kids to eat properly is to do it from day one! But unfortunatly its normally only with hind-sight that you realise this!

my health visitor told me only to give my daughter one baby spoonfull of food a day when I first started weaning, as a result, she grew completely dependant on milk and wouldnt eat any solids at all until she was 8 months old. and even then it wasnt a lot, she was very underweight for her age and she still is now, and still doesnt eat a lot. I wish id just given her 3 very small meals a day from the beggining and built it up over time!

Kids are just weird with food!!

my son went though a stage of eating sausage rolls when he started finger foods... the health visitor then told me to give him them all the time as he liked them dddrrrhhh one rule i really broke.

NailStyle said:
another good one is telling them they cant have something...its mummy and daddys...then they want it. xx

i do that with my 3 year old, she loves her food.
my son the 5 year old, is sick everytime i put something different on his plate our if we sit at the table and he smells something he is sick.
ive been to the doctors and they said that he wil grow out of it.
the other day we were baking and he was eating the mixture, which is something different.
im just be patient and waiting till he ready to try something different, im not going to force it on him.
he not wasting away at 5 stones hes a big lad, the dietain says he just lacking his vit c, so now he has orange juice on a morning.
im just glad that my kids are healthy.

Toni

My step son is 6 and he is a real good eater, eats most veg, curries, fruit, anything really. But if we have something he has never had then he can be reluctant to try it. I allways say " you wouldn't like it anyway ". This makes him want some then. Kids are cute, not as cute as us though!

We often give him cherry tomatoes and grapes on his main meal, if it was say chips and chicken. He loves dunkin his grapes in red sauce, yuk, atleast he eats them!
His favourite is a sunday roast, allthough his mom's are a bit better than mine, he woolfs down broccoli and the cauliflower mash ( mash with cauliflower in that he doesnt really know about!)
xx

all my boys where weened on fresh food, and veg but still at about 3 they developed fads of not eating anything healthy....so they starved, i didnt make it an issue if they didnt eat what was given then they didnt eat and didnt get pudding.....you then get to see each child does have different tastes so you know what they like, what they hate and what you can introduce.
i would never ever force a child to a) sit at the table and eat till they gagged (which is what alot of us had to endure when we where kids( ugh cold mash and carrots makes me shudder at the thought)
as for the mother on super nanny i would have like to have shuved that sausage where the sun dont shine....
why is kids wont eat veg but when the see your takeaway being delivered all of a sudden chop suey is "dead" nice ......yet if you cooked it they would hate it :eek:

I agree with Hollie. We as parents should give our children healthy meals instead of junk food and we won't have these problems.

I know we work and get home tired and the last thing you want to do is prepare a meal from scratch, but in the long run the benefits are so much better. Your children won't be fussy eaters, they'll be healthy and certainly won't be obese as is the case with a lot of children these days. On top of that, half of these instant foods contain the most vile things and are made out of mechanically recovered meat. Now that puts a nice picture in your mind. All the preservatices, levels of salt etc etc simply aren't good.

I'm not saying never to have a treat, but that's exactly what a take-out, or "junk food" should be, a treat and not an everyday occurence.

My daughter absolutely loves mussels (I personally can't stand them) but she is only 13 and has been eating them since she was 9. I can't tell you how many times we've been to restaurants where she orders mussels as a starter or main course and the waiter almost faints out of astonishment. The one waiter even said to us once that he couldn't believe that no. 1 she knew what they were and no. 2 that she ate them ! My daughter eats almost everything, including eating lemons like apples, and I really never have any problems with her. The only thing she doesn't like is peas...... odd I know.

River

i saw that! i watch it religiously and it wa sthe worst ive seen!

the parents were so mean no wonder the poor child wouldnt eat!

i think she is absolutely brilliant and she looked well shocked that a mum could be so horrid!

xx

whitmore said:
Hi
Did anyone watch Super nanny? Well i have never seen anything like it in my life, wanted to jump in the tv and bit*ch slap the mother!
the little boy had a phobia of food, after having Gastric when he was younger, and he was generally affaid of food.
The mother and father were sadistic, horrible people, shuvin sausage and yogart in the little boys face! Could not believe my eyes. Even when he started to eat his parents would still cause a big ding dong at meal times over what he wasnt eating.
Fair enough, it must be awful to watch your child not eat, but come on...... Feel the sausage, rub it on your lips....what's that all about.
Anyone else agree that the problem was the parents!

xx

Latest posts

Back