Do you remember (couldn't resist this one)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not THAT old! Although I do remember when they revived them, think they called them Salt n Shake!
you calling me old missy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

i remember pulling faces when i tried eating my wham bar lol

you calling me old missy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

LOL, crawls out of hole I've just dug myself!!! .... Actually you're the same age as my bro and he always used to go on about the blue twists so I must have just missed out!

I used to go to the sweet shop on the way to school and buy a liquerish stick (the wood ones) and chew it ALL week!!! I wasn't happy until it was nobut a stubb lol!! We used to get threpence each day.. and at the weekend my mum give me and my two brothers half a crown which always bought us a luckybag toy ... oh those were the days.. I am lucky these days to have change from 20 quid when I go into Early Learning Centre with James :(

Warmed the cockles of my heart this thread Jac.... nice one :hug:

Wow I do remember alot of that!
Oh to be young again!

thanks for making my day and bringing back allot of good memories.....:)

My bloke remembers old money I wasn't even born then lol.Ive sent him to the shop to get some dib dabs n cola cubes ,yeah they still sell em but not cabanas I loved those.

The childrens film foundation i used to ahte the musci to that at saturday morning pictures.

Sassy i remember doing exactly that with my skates stupid things and icebreaker chocolate with minty bits.

my kids dont know the meaning of not ahve

Dandy & The Beano delivered every week ... and if you were girly... Bunty or twinkle!
Hitting my teens it was 'Oh Boy' 'Jackie' and 'Pink' magazine.
Everone's mother wore American Tan tights and there only ever seemed to be aqua blue, deep green or one shade of brown eye shadow in the shops.
I used to buy 'Sweet Honesty' perfume from the Avon mags... constantly ... and mainly for the fancy bottles (I had a guitar one once, my bro still has it).
I rarely bought from the Vanda books cos they were too expensive!
There was no such thing as hair gel... as a punk I used sugar water and fought the wasps on a hot day, got the sticky flopsies on a damp one!

OMG I remember outside the cinema every Saturday morning there would be a sign saying "calling all minors", but I thought they meant miners for years and felt such a prat when I realised what they meant. I remember queueing round the block to get in to see Jaws and Star Wars.

I used to get the Beano and Whizzer and Chips. I hated Jackie, that was for nancies or people who were Roller fans (that's Bay City Rollers not hair rollers lol)!!!

Oh and I used to do a great impression of Mike Yarwood being Dennis Healey and his funny laugh.

And my mother watching TOTP panning all the acts as badly dressed and can't sing, oh and saying what a bunch of tarts Pans People were and how the cameraman always zoomed in on the bum and boobs ... errm mum that's the whole point!

Dancing about the living room to fame!

Scuse me sass, I was a big rollers fan, went to see them once to, still have the albums.
I used to buy thr Jackie too and remember old money,

Anne french was the cleasing milk of the day then too:lol:

thanks babe now i feel really really old lol

Scuse me sass, I was a big rollers fan, went to see them once to, still have the albums.
I used to buy thr Jackie too and remember old money,

see I rest my case lol! Bet you had that awful tartan scarf wrapped round your wrist, the half mast trews and the sad Woody haircut!!! Oops I'd better behave or Anita will appear :smack: !

see I rest my case lol! Bet you had that awful tartan scarf wrapped round your wrist, the half mast trews and the sad Woody haircut!!! Oops I'd better behave or Anita will appear :smack: !
guilty of all of the above:o:o :o
and tomorrow i will dig out a photo!!!

oh just had a memory about an orange rah rah skirt ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

great thread.... shame things have changed so much :eek:

great thread,
the milkie bar kid
rubbarb and custard sweets
heart ice creams
When films used to have an intermition and the lady came round with the ice cream.
when it was ok to smoke on the top deck of the bus.

oh just had a memory about an orange rah rah skirt ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Mine was white with pink polka dots! What a lovely reminiscing end to a long day. My kids must be deprived by todays standards, I won't alow a games console in the house, and our treat is the Saturday morning matinee at the local cinema (and we sneak in our own popcorn & drinks).:eek:

Latest posts

Back