Do you remember (couldn't resist this one)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The things you got for Chrimbo... always a selection box, Potters Wheel, Space Hoppers, Chatty Kathy, Tiny tears, Teeny Tiny tears, Tressy dolls ... who's ponytail you could pull to lengthen, Frustration (still get that at Christmas now, only of a differnt kind, lol!)
Walkie Talkies.
Always a compendium games set, 'What katie Did' books! and always a colouring & join the dots book set!

The things you got for Chrimbo... always a selection box, Potters Wheel, Space Hoppers, Chatty Kathy, Tiny tears, Teeny Tiny tears, Tressy dolls ... who's ponytail you could pull to lengthen, Frustration (still get that at Christmas now, only of a differnt kind, lol!)
Walkie Talkies.
Always a compendium games set, 'What katie Did' books! and always a colouring & join the dots book set!

you was spoilt...lol.....all i used to get was the broken dolls from Mattel cos my dad used to have to tip them...non of the heads matched the bodies and one was even a he/she...still loved em though. xx

My kids are spoiled, we are in a "rural" area, our backyard connects to the neighbors, the neighborhood kids are always welcome, we have 1 TV that has a remote and it's down stairs the other TV you actually have to get up and turn on. During the summer we hardly ever turn the TV on. We go camping almost every weekend, so there isn't any electricity, and they are "forced" to entertain themselves. They both think the cards in the bike spokes are cool, they turn trees into a jungle gym (they are impatiently waiting for our trees to get big enough to build a tree house in, so they pretend that the swing set is their tree house) They make up their own games and I've played "kid" games that I used to love with them. They still know how to use the computer, they have acess to a cell phone and they know how to use technology, but they are still kids!

Have I missed french knitting and gaberdeen raincoats

jamboree bags
scrap books
1/4 bags of sweets, that got stuck to the paper

I'm not THAT old! Although I do remember when they revived them, think they called them Salt n Shake!

Hey cheeky some of us are, I remember them 1st time round!!:):):)

My brother had hulk wallpaper and bedding and was too scared to sleep in his room. For crimbo I got a silver cross pram ,tippy tumbles doll ,holly hobby doll and lorraine chase beauty case. Never played with em so my mom swapped em for a tomahawk bike .

did you guys get Bill & Ben, the flowerpot men?
and lets not forget WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED !!!!!

Ooh I remember "clackers" they stopped selling them because so many kids had broken knuckles.
I once got a bike that was repainted and thought I was the luckiest kid in the world.
Now my kids expect a dvd or ps2 game when I do the weekly shopping.:rolleyes:

I remember me and my brother being given some money by mum to go and buy some sweets (which was rare from my mum). My brother asked for A quarter of sweet peanuts but I asked for TWO ounces of sherbert strawberries both were the same price. I thought though because I had got TWO ounces I had got more than his ONE quarter. You older geeks will remember pre-decimal weights.

I used to go to junior school in my hot pants and also cutting up my best velvet dress so that I could make my jeans into split jeans where the bottom half was different to the top - what a fantastic fashion that was LOL.

Lol I was watching a "best of the 80's" on one of the music channels, and how the old flying suits were fashionable. I said to Natalie (my 17 year old daughter) that I had one in red, and she looked at me as if I'd come off the ark. Then when I was sorting out my old photos I came across a pic of it ... god it was baaaaad!

BTW Jac still waiting for the BCR pic!!!!

I can top your red boiler suit Sass .... I had a silver one!
Yup! thats right, a metallic silver one.:lol:
I still have the piccie of me in it somewhere.... now that'd keep the cats off the grass!!!! :eek:

Well Sass and Glo, I'll show you mine if you show me yours, but you first:)

Oh what a shame I don't have a scanner ... erm and I binned the photo, it was baaaad!

I can top your red boiler suit Sass .... I had a silver one!
Yup! thats right, a metallic silver one.:lol:
I still have the piccie of me in it somewhere.... now that'd keep the cats off the grass!!!! :eek:

I bey you looked like you were wrapped in Bacofoil lol

Please don't take offense, but I'm not sure I want to see the photo then !! :lol:

haha some people will believe anything!!! You still won't want to see the photos!

Latest posts

Back