TPTW Fussy about ice in your drinks ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GOD I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO'S PARTICULAR WITH MY G&T THEN:green:

Read on....this is so anal !!!

• LONG GLASS - preferably a nice pattern of clear and frosted glass.
  • Fill to the top with CLEAR ice preferably
  • Add COPIUS ammounts of preferably BOMBAY gin
  • add 1 and a half tins of chilled shweppes (and never any other brand and never never never ever ever out of a bottle)
  • 1 fresh lime (never lemon) 1/2 it....then 1/4 it and squeeze both bits so the fresh juice goes into the glass.
  • take the squeezed lime and run it all around the top of the glass so that every sip you get fresh limey taste.
  • put the squeezed lime into the glass & stir.....
YUMMMM:lick:

• LONG GLASS - preferably a nice pattern of clear and frosted glass.
  • Fill to the top with CLEAR ice preferably
  • Add COPIUS ammounts of preferably BOMBAY gin
  • add 1 and a half tins of chilled shweppes (and never any other brand and never never never ever ever out of a bottle)
  • 1 fresh lime (never lemon) 1/2 it....then 1/4 it and squeeze both bits so the fresh juice goes into the glass.
  • take the squeezed lime and run it all around the top of the glass so that every sip you get fresh limey taste.
  • put the squeezed lime into the glass & stir.....

How on earth do you get the barperson to do all this for you? :lol::eek:

How on earth do you get the barperson to do all this for you? :lol::eek:

he's rather good actually my hubby !!!!!

If i go to a bar, if they havent got lime or shwepps i'll have wine:green:

God you lot are fussy...I once found half a bottle of Tequila in the garage and mixed it with diluted Vimto....was gonna eat the worm but wasn't hungry after that....well I don't think I did...not too sure actually...:eek::lol:
No ice either so put an ice pop in to cool it down.:o
This is why I can't keep drinks in the garage...have a wine rack...and no-one EVER leaves bottles of drink after parties here because they don't trust me for some reason...

• LONG GLASS - preferably a nice pattern of clear and frosted glass.Yup but no pattern for me - just clear glass preferably been in the freezer
  • Fill to the top with CLEAR ice preferably 3 large cubes of ice for me
  • Add COPIUS ammounts of preferably BOMBAY gin YES BOMBAY FOR SURE (Gordons at a pinch)
  • add 1 and a half tins of chilled shweppes (and never any other brand and never never never ever ever out of a bottle)Yes it has to be schweppes
  • put the squeezed lime into the glass & stir.....Nope slice of lemon for me

But come and see me - I'll do it your way :lol:

Ooooh ya !

liking the glass in the freezer touch !

Maybe.....put a bigger glass 'around' the original glass....fill the gap with water and bits of lime.....

POP in freezer

Wait for the 'water filled lime glass' thats been 'made' by the water in between the two glasses to freeze INTO a glass.

Take out and pour in all the ingredients - go find an igloo somewhere so you can drink it slowly or.......SLURP away like billyo in the comfort of your own home b4 it melts.

YUM:green:

God you lot are fussy...I once found half a bottle of Tequila in the garage and mixed it with diluted Vimto....was gonna eat the worm but wasn't hungry after that....well I don't think I did...not too sure actually...:eek::lol:
No ice either so put an ice pop in to cool it down.:o
This is why I can't keep drinks in the garage...have a wine rack...and no-one EVER leaves bottles of drink after parties here because they don't trust me for some reason...

Blimey, you need educating - best you get over here and I'll fix you a drink:green:

How in the name of all that's holy did I miss this thread?????????? I'm very fussy when it comes to ice. Hate warm drinks and always ALWAYS keep the vodka in the freezer. There's no excuse for wine not properly chilled, either. I've actually left a restaurant because the wine was warm. How difficult is it to put a bottle in the fridge? *rolls eyes* Adele always chills the wine perfectly. Never been offered a state of the art gin and tonic though. :(

How in the name of all that's holy did I miss this thread?????????? I'm very fussy when it comes to ice. Hate warm drinks and always ALWAYS keep the vodka in the freezer. There's no excuse for wine not properly chilled, either. I've actually left a restaurant because the wine was warm. How difficult is it to put a bottle in the fridge? *rolls eyes* Adele always chills the wine perfectly. Never been offered a state of the art gin and tonic though. :(

You will on Monday - have you not seen my blog - wine is off:green:

lol, this thread made be giggle,

To me a drink is a drink, lol.

If i am asked for ice, i always say no, cant stand ice in drinks or really cold drinks.
However if i do have ice in my drink, depending if i need the drink 'now' or not, depends if i take the ice out, pmsl

I dont put any drinks in the fridge, only fresh juice.

I only get ice if I am in a bar or something; I wouldn't think of doing it at home as I don't have the brainpower to think about it lol:o

I only get ice if I am in a bar or something; I wouldn't think of doing it at home as I don't have the brainpower to think about it lol:o

You really need to shift down to my place - I am at your service.......with ice:)

OK, weirdo alert:

I hate cold drinks. I hate ice in my drinks and ask for no ice.

That's not the weird bit though.

This is: I drink softdrink warm and flat :eek:. I'll buy a 2L diet coke from the supermarket, shake the crap out of it and let all the air out till it goes flat and drink it like that. When I get home from the shop I'll leave the bottles on the counter until I want a drink - they don't go in the fridge.

If I go to a servo or shop and get a cold 600ml diet coke, I'll flatten it and usually wait for it to warm up before I drink the whole thing.

Everyone thinks I'm strange - even my family just roll their eyes at me, but they still love me despite my weirdness.

OK, weirdo alert:

I hate cold drinks. I hate ice in my drinks and ask for no ice.

That's not the weird bit though.

This is: I drink softdrink warm and flat :eek:. I'll buy a 2L diet coke from the supermarket, shake the crap out of it and let all the air out till it goes flat and drink it like that. When I get home from the shop I'll leave the bottles on the counter until I want a drink - they don't go in the fridge.

If I go to a servo or shop and get a cold 600ml diet coke, I'll flatten it and usually wait for it to warm up before I drink the whole thing.

Everyone thinks I'm strange - even my family just roll their eyes at me, but they still love me despite my weirdness.

Now that IS weird:lol:

Now that IS weird:lol:
I'm happy to admit I'm a bit strange - only because I don't know of anyone else who does it - or is willing to own up to it.

I am (or was!) the biggest ice freak in the world :eek: I started when I was pregnant with my triplets 17 years ago and had a craving for ice and my husband would have to go into McDonalds when we were out shopping and get me just a cup of ice to crunch :lol: This had continued for all those 17 years right up until recently and my wine spritzer HAD to have tons of ice and if it was crushed all the better. I then found out I was very anaemic and had to go into hospital last week for a transfusion and since then haven't crunched ice and discovered it is a conditiion called 'Pica' and it is caused by anaemia :eek: It is very odd because I was well known for my love of ice and no-one can understand why I haven't touched it since the transfusion but the craving has honestly gone, so weird :eek: I also have gone right off my fave wine, white zinfandel (which isn't a bad thing!) and my tastes have changed generally. Good thing is though, my weight is going down :)

Latest posts

Back