TPTW Fussy about ice in your drinks ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
I am very fussy about the ice for my G&T and have been on a lifelong quest for the perfect cube :lol:

AND I'VE FOUND IT

A restaurant near me has an ice machine that produces totally clear rock hard 1" cubes that look like glass.

I really hate 'shapes' and I don't like the ones that look frosty inside and particularly hate those ones that seem to dissolve in 30 seconds.

So, is it me, or does anyone else fret about ice ?

Hi Adele long time no speak, I am with you on this one, when I have my Vodka the glass has to be filled with ice to the brim before any liquid is put in the glass, I also like clear ice cubes and they also musn't melt before I have taken a gulp. You see great minds think alike:hug:

I'm the total opposite, I hate ice in drinks!! Also if I have ice cubes especially those that aren't cubes I sit and fish them out and end up with a big watery mess everywhere and very cold hands

Adele you have really gone down in my estimation ... since when did you dilute your drinks with ice? :lol:

Adele you have really gone down in my estimation ... since when did you dilute your drinks with ice? :lol:

Ah, you see I drink them so fast, they don't get diluted:green:

As a Gin & Tonic connoisseur...I have to say it's not so much about the ice but the tonic.
If anyone dares to give me a G&T with FLAT TONIC then I'll go bersequat!

I always buy either small bottles of diet tonic so it never goes flat, or the small tins if schhhh...you know who tonic.
Flat tonic in a G&T is just not on, no way de nada etc.

Regarding the ice...it must go in LAST, so the tonic does not lose it's fizz when poured over the gin & ice.
So..I guess you could say I'm as batty as a fruit cake about the perfect G&T, or at the very least, as crackers as Adele!:lol:

As a Gin & Tonic connoisseur...I have to say it's not so much about the ice but the tonic.
If anyone dares to give me a G&T with FLAT TONIC then I'll go bersequat!

I always buy either small bottles of diet tonic so it never goes flat, or the small tins if schhhh...you know who tonic.
Flat tonic in a G&T is just not on, no way de nada etc.

Regarding the ice...it must go in LAST, so the tonic does not lose it's fizz when poured over the gin & ice.
So..I guess you could say I'm as batty as a fruit cake about the perfect G&T, or at the very least, as crackers as Adele!:lol:

Now here is a woman after my own heart.

I'd like to think I am known for miles around for my nails or manis or any treatment but frankly I am more famous for my G&Ts

It has to be Schhhhhh tonic, a glass that has been in the freezer (where I keep my gin) a freshly sliced slice of lemon, three large ice cubes - but I insist on the tonic last:lol:

Ice has to be crystal clear, I hate cloudy ice. I wish I could make it like that at home. My ice never gets to melt, no matter what its in be it a nice double southern comfort or JD and coke I always finish the drink and have my ice cubes to crunch on :lol:

Ice has to be crystal clear, I hate cloudy ice. I wish I could make it like that at home. My ice never gets to melt, no matter what its in be it a nice double southern comfort or JD and coke I always finish the drink and have my ice cubes to crunch on :lol:

You're just a guzzle guts!:lol:

I am very fussy about the ice for my G&T and have been on a lifelong quest for the perfect cube :lol:

AND I'VE FOUND IT

A restaurant near me has an ice machine that produces totally clear rock hard 1" cubes that look like glass.

I really hate 'shapes' and I don't like the ones that look frosty inside and particularly hate those ones that seem to dissolve in 30 seconds.

I like ice in drinks but I hate drinking drinks with ice in them unless.... I have a straw. I don't like the cold feeling on my top lip! :eek: am I wierd???

Yes!! I guess so!

Last edited:
You're just a guzzle guts!:lol:

Ya think? I can never work out how they dissapear so fast, even when I try and make it last I'm still finished before everyone else :eek:

:lol:

I never make my own ice.
I buy it in bags from the supermarket as it is slightly more clear in drinks AND it's made from spring water!

I like ice in drinks but I hate drinking drinks with ice in them unless.... I have a straw. I don't like the cold feeling on my top lip! :eek: am I wierd???

Yes!! I guess so!
Only for replying to my mad thread:green:

i believe if you boil the water first it makes clearer ice.

i dont really care though, but i do like ice cubes to be big so they dont melt too quick.

AND I'VE FOUND IT

you are MY CHIK, i love a g&t, but dont like the ice, dont mind a couple of bits, but cant handle fast dissolvers!!!!!
watered down drink or what!!!!
luv ya xxxx

I'm the total opposite, I hate ice in drinks!! Also if I have ice cubes especially those that aren't cubes I sit and fish them out and end up with a big watery mess everywhere and very cold hands

I am almost the same as you, I like 2 pieces of Ice..depending on the size of course, any more than that and I fish it out too...
Its worse when its them chunks with a hole in the middle...try as you may to get them out with a straw and look dignified at the same time...IT DOESN'T WORK :grr: you still end up shoving your fingers in

I like ice in drinks but I hate drinking drinks with ice in them unless.... I have a straw. I don't like the cold feeling on my top lip! :eek: am I weird???

Yes!! I guess so!
I always have to have a straw too hun...and yup I get funny looks if they make the BIG mistake of giving me a green or yellow one GGGRRRRRRRR :irked:
I must have the look of shock and horror on my face lol,(I have to have it swapped )
I always ask for a pink or a black one...
I could never drink out of anything with a yellow or green straw bllleeeuuughhhhhhhhhh

Oooooo omg and I can't have ice in vodka...yet I hate it when its not freezing cold..
whether it has coke / redbull whatever in,
If I have ice I get RRREEEEEEEAAALLLYYY bad tummy cramps :(
Only with vodka though...how weird, been that way for about 9 years now

i dont really care though, but i do like ice cubes to be big so they dont melt too quick.

Drink quicker, then they hardly melt at all no matter how small. Works for me!! :green:

Hiyah

I like all my drinks on the rocks!! and I find some bars near me are very tight with the ice and a slice, I won Mystery shopper award 99% for my G&T skills of which I am very proud of, it would of been 100% if I had my name badge on lol.. why this mattered I really do not know :)

Sue x x x

Latest posts

Back