TPTW - How is your self belief?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zo Zo

Reaction score
My daughter has started secondary school today. (Bless!)

Her school's motto is "Qui Veut Peut" which means, "if you want to, you can."

They say, if you want to own a ferrari, or a house with a swimming pool, then why not!?

There have been many occasions in life I have been determined to achieve something, possibly the most significant was when I left the security of a good PAYE job to become a self employed beauty therapist when obviously on day one I didn't have a single client. (In fact I had a client last night who has known me since before I started my business who remarked how well I had done and how when I was at college she had wondered if I would make a success of it - cheeky!)

I have something on my mind at the moment that I want / need to achieve, that I may share later, but in the meantime, would anyone like to share their goals, past or present, and how they achieved them or plan to achieve them? Do you use mantras, the law of attraction, or downright hard work!?

If you are good at reaching goals do you have advice to share with those less self-confident, less able or less determined?

If you don't have a goal, do you think it would be good to have one to focus on!?

Back later x

Sadly at the moment, no I don't. I used to, then I had my daughter who is now 2, and I feel in limbo.

I want to be very successful, but have to decide if my current achievable goal is to have more children, and get that part over and done with, or to push forward with my career. Because I have to give 100% to everything I do, I don't feel I can further myself at the moment so feel a bit in limbo.

Interesting thread.

I can't say I have a set goal other than to be successful.

Sadly at the moment, no I don't. I used to, then I had my daughter who is now 2, and I feel in limbo.

I want to be very successful, but have to decide if my current achievable goal is to have more children, and get that part over and done with, or to push forward with my career. Because I have to give 100% to everything I do, I don't feel I can further myself at the moment so feel a bit in limbo.

Interesting thread.

I can't say I have a set goal other than to be successful.

I have an 11 month old son and I am 30 weeks pregnant. :eek:

However, I know myself well enough to know that I don't want to be a full time Mum and I have a strong inbuilt need for financial independence.

So... personally I need to work, and actually my children may well be better off in nursery having dedicated carers rather than being with me full time with me at my wits end:D

But I totally get where you are coming from and understand your limbo.

You are right, it will never work

I really hope this link works, it will help those of you "waiting" for the perfect opportunity.

By the way, my self belief is 99% unshakeable, the other 1% only hides now and again.:green:

I have to agree with "Qui veut peut".
I used to say "Seek and you shall find, it's always so in life", as was once told to me.

I have always believed, that if you want it bad enough and work hard enough, you can achieve your goals.
I believe that there is nothing I can't do.
The word 'can't" is not in my dictionary.

We all hit hiccups along the way. There will always be bumps in the road and I think if it was an easy ride, the destination wouldn't be as thrilling or as satisfying when we get there.
If it comes too easy.... where's the fun in that?

I am a female version of dell boy at the minute, I have many little money earners apart from my salon. I am at the moment researching something that will hopefully set me up for the future. I research every aspect of what I want to do and work very hard to achieve it. I myself have 2 children and find it hard juggling everything but my theory is, if you want it - work for it. This is exactly what I do! I do everything when the kids are in bed. My parents think I should just calm down and be grateful for what I have achieved but I just cannot stop myself. I always think about one day buying my parents a beautiful house and the same for my brother. These things will only come when I 'make it' and I will one day x

I have to agree with "Qui veut peut".
I used to say "Seek and you shall find, it's always so in life", as was once told to me.

I have always believed, that if you want it bad enough and work hard enough, you can achieve your goals.
I believe that there is nothing I can't do.
The word 'can't" is not in my dictionary.

We all hit hiccups along the way. There will always be bumps in the road and I think if it was an easy ride, the destination wouldn't be as thrilling or as satisfying when we get there.
If it comes too easy.... where's the fun in that?

Very inspirational, Victoria. I think this is what I really needed to hear!

I have recently started doing mobile. Really struggling with finding customers but shall not give up!

It's just the beginning and they're by definition hard! x

Very inspirational, Victoria. I think this is what I really needed to hear!

I have recently started doing mobile. Really struggling with finding customers but shall not give up!

It's just the beginning and they're by definition hard! x

You're welcome!

Like many of you, I started up with very little in my pocket, a full-time mom with a husband who was never around because he was working two jobs (sooo much like the single life, except the bed was warmer).
It's NOT easy getting started in this business.
It's NOT easy building a clientel.

It takes a LOT of blood, sweat and tears to move forward in this industry. You have to be stubborn and thick-skinned. When you fall down; take 5min to sniffle, get up, dust yourself off, and MOVE FORWARD.
A lot don't make it because they can't get past the sniffling part.
It does get easier.
Just be positive, stubborn and pro-active.

hth's

I currently work full time and do nails in the evenings and at weekends. My goal is to give up my day job and just do nails by Xmas 2012. I am saving at the moment so that I have some money just in case I'm not as busy as I need to be when I start.

I know it will be hard but I am determined to make it work so that I never have to sit at a computer all day ever again after I leave!

I totally believe this! I call it: "You get what you say."

I believe that if you speak positive words, you'll eventually take positive actions. Positive actions will lead to postive results. So in the end, you get what you say.

i think my self belief is shakey, i can start self doubting myself, im actually the worst person to go clothes shopping with, as i can be so indecisive! Id say its 25% shakey 50% confident, and 25% cheeky! hehe!

I do feel confident but i love being appreciated- i dont think i would be in this industry if it wasnt for the love and support i had of my family & friends. i love being happy, optimistic and generally having a postive outlook on not only my life but genuine concern for others.

I do have a mean b***hy streak where i think i have been let down by others which has made me doubt my own self belief at times. Im no way a walk over but i know im a ppl pleaser. I think having ambition vs belief is good outlook each one gives you that "go for it" trait. xoxo

You are right, it will never work

I really hope this link works, it will help those of you "waiting" for the perfect opportunity.

By the way, my self belief is 99% unshakeable, the other 1% only hides now and again.:green:

Thank you for posting the link; I hope people read it and get it.

I am personally a little bit of a risk taker so I understand where the writer is coming from. It's frustrating when people only see negatives.

Btw 99% is fantastic! We should all be aspiring to that!

I am a female version of dell boy at the minute, I have many little money earners apart from my salon. I am at the moment researching something that will hopefully set me up for the future. I research every aspect of what I want to do and work very hard to achieve it. I myself have 2 children and find it hard juggling everything but my theory is, if you want it - work for it. This is exactly what I do! I do everything when the kids are in bed. My parents think I should just calm down and be grateful for what I have achieved but I just cannot stop myself. I always think about one day buying my parents a beautiful house and the same for my brother. These things will only come when I 'make it' and I will one day x

Excellent post :hug:

But please tell me you don't drive a 3 wheeler :D

I currently work full time and do nails in the evenings and at weekends. My goal is to give up my day job and just do nails by Xmas 2012. I am saving at the moment so that I have some money just in case I'm not as busy as I need to be when I start.

I know it will be hard but I am determined to make it work so that I never have to sit at a computer all day ever again after I leave!

Thank you for sharing your goal:hug:

Very sensible to get some money behind you.

When the time comes you may not need it! Because your goal may shift to x number of clients per week...

I totally believe this! I call it: "You get what you say."

I believe that if you speak positive words, you'll eventually take positive actions. Positive actions will lead to postive results. So in the end, you get what you say.

Thank you Tammie. My other half says, 'you go where you're looking.' I say, 'what you focus on grows.'

Banish all negativity geeks!

My self belief is very good and also my confidence but no i don't believe you can have everything you want if you believe in yourself enough.

Some people will work and work and never get what they set out to achieve and then they feel like failures.

There is nothing wrong in not achieving everything sometimes huge sacrifices have to be made to do that.Huge amounts of stress and wasted life can go into trying to acheive something that may well never happen.

I also guess its how you perceive success. To me its not about how much you earn or what you have material wise or what you do for a job its how happy/content you are with what you have.

People need to have goals and do their best but the idea that if you really set your mind on something it will happen isn't true.

My self confidence is a bit dodgy if I am honest. I talk an amazing talk and plan adn research again but something deep down inside from my childhood always tells me that I will never be good enough or make anything of myself :(

I have a wonderful husband and children but feel like I am a failure at being a wife and mum because I am not a houseproud fiend who dusts 3 times a day. I live somewhere that is so quiet and remote but I don't drive - every time I put some money to one side to pay for a driving test, something else comes up it is lik someone up there really doesn't want me to achieve anything with my life. if I could drive, I could go on courses and travel to clients and maybe, just maybe, make something of myself for my family xx

Excellent post :hug:

But please tell me you don't drive a 3 wheeler :D

Nope but I would like to obtain the dell boy novelty horn, lol x

Mostly my self belief is good, but like everyone it has its moments!
A harsh upbringing has given me a pronounced "I'll show you" attitude, and I won't be beaten.
I'm very, very hard on myself. Failure is not an option. Ever.
To the lady who wants to learn to drive, stop making excuses, give the money to someone else to look after and just get on with it!

Latest posts

Back