Training but terrified of doing L&P on a real live person still!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i feel for you i did my second set of gel nails on a geek from here i was really scared as the other set was on a mate and they all fell off !! But it went fine so DON'T WORRY hun if i can do it anyone can as soon as you start you will relax and be just fine :lol:

Right I have booked a friend for this Wednesday 11am (day before my Day 4 of my CND L&P course) and I will be doing her nails FOC on the understanding that it might take me 4 hours and they might have to be soaked off.

good luck!! you'll be fine.
xxx:hug:

hi, good for you....and at least if you come across any problems you will be able to run them past your educator the next day while they are fresh in your mind. Thats what they are there for, and at least you will have had the oppertunity to do so rather than wait til after your course where the chances are you might not have contacted them to ask the questions

Awww I really feel for you and sooo understand how frightening it can be to do real live hands. Apart from my mum, who was my initial long suffering model on the foundation course, it was absolutely ages before I would touch anyone else's paws. I was just so scared I would muck things up and have to try to soak them off <still not one of my favourite activities, btw>.

Nowdays, I will happily tackle any hands I can get the opportunity to work on and can't get enough of them. What swayed it for me was starting the VTCT and needing case studies, plus additional training and realising that I would never progress if I didn't take the plunge.

My nail trainer is still set up on my desk, but he's largely redundant these days and the thought of using him is actually quite boring. The nails are always the same, you never get to see how the colours truly look and you know you'll never get any lifting or other problems through general wear and tear. He's been invaluable, but he has his limitations. As soon as you possibly can, get out there and do 'Real' hands. It really is the best way to learn. Good luck! :) :hug:

Last edited:
Self confidence is like common sense :rolleyes: so rare its an endangered animal.
And thats all it is for you Mrs R just a lack of self confidence, and I know that because I recognize me in you.
The only reason I got past the stage you are at is because my beautiful, mad, confident daughter,when I got in from work, dragged me to my nail bar, which she had set up for me and made me do her nails.
Use your friends hun, tell them how scared you are, I'm sure they will want to help you.
Have a bit of faith, in your self, in your products and in your training.
That said my first paying client had my heart hammering so hard I'm surprised that no one could see it:lol:
Just remember how much you hate your job and the long hours you do, that should do it:hug:

Gosh I really was lucky by getting a job straight into a nail bar! I had no choice, work on clients or get the sack! I remember my first few though, god I was so nervous. But actually I was more nervous when someone was paying full price because then they had to be good! The model sets were always on the understanding that there was no guarantee how they would turn out and that took the pressure off really!

Good luck and just relax and enjoy it. Write a bulet point list of the order you have to do evrything in so you don't panic because your brain has gone dead. And if your client is happy with them then don't soak them off just because YOU'RE not happy with them. God if I did that I don't think I'd have left a set on for the first few years! As a nail tech your eye is far more critical than the clients'. I would correct things that my client couldn't even see!

Have fun and this time be bold and brave and DO IT!!!! :hug:

Thanks guys am determined not to chicken out on Wednesday - will let you know how it goes - will be practising like mad tomorrow on my nailk trainer - can't today as at my job I hate on a 14 hour shifts!

Latest posts

Back