Transfer Foil... YUMMY!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do u just rub the foil on the sticky layer of shellac? How do u get the glitter on top? LOVE THESE!!!!! xxx

Not sure what you mean... But the ones used in the picture are transfer foil... Like with leafing... No adhesive is applied and you make your own designs. They are not premade or precut. So if that's what you are referring to, then they are not. But correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as my experience I've been in the nail biz 5 1/2 years. But salon geek has sling shot me forward this past year. Opening my mind and my talents to new things and techniques. Holly is THE BEST with creative inspiration! I still have so much to learn!!! Can't wait til she posts her next video on Facebook. ;)

They are the same foils but no adhesive is required as you are using the sticky layer from the shellac as the adhesive. hth

Hi Geeks

I got the above from Ebay. I bought 3 packs which had 15 different colours (2 of each colour in each pack) and it cost me £4.90 including delivery.

Colours I'll receive:

Emerald Green, Burnt Orange, Blue, Purple & Fuchsia

Peach, Aqua, Turquoise, Lilac & Pink

Red, Blue, Green, Silver & Gold

Here's the link for one of the sets

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

HTH

Love n hugs laura xxx

Thanks HappyFeet, I've just ordered mine :)

Just typical... I had a large stash of these craft foils which im sure i managed to flogg at my last car boot sale, off to have a rumage in the garage!

Love this. Thanks for sharing, I shall be ordering foil now :) xx

I used Martha Stewarts transfer foil. Comes in 9 different shades. Search Fingernailfixer foil on YouTube. It's a great video.

Hi Can you supply a link for the Martha Stewart Foils i cant seem to find them in UK? thankyou

These are just standard nail foils we have over 70 designs available

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I have some from nail delights that I use and love them!

Absolutely love these..just getting into the swing of shellac now with lots of nail art clients so this is a must! Shall be making an order very soon :) xx

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

OMG! I've just watched Holly's video for this and sponge art! I so need to get some foil and sponges!

Hi Geeks

I got the above from Ebay. I bought 3 packs which had 15 different colours (2 of each colour in each pack) and it cost me £4.90 including delivery.

Colours I'll receive:

Emerald Green, Burnt Orange, Blue, Purple & Fuchsia

Peach, Aqua, Turquoise, Lilac & Pink

Red, Blue, Green, Silver & Gold

Here's the link for one of the sets

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

HTH

Love n hugs laura xxx
Hiya thanks for this - just bought the Christmas selection from your link from ebay £2.20 including delivery BARGAIN!!!!! Cant wait to try it out!!!!

Hi there, I thought I'd just let you know that the Ebay link given the seller has now sold out of these foils. I did a google search and came across this link:

Special Savings! - FoilPlay

I have just ordered 6 packs. They are on a "special" at the moment at 99p per pack. Delivery is free over £5.00. Hope this helps.

I bet that Ebay seller wonders why they're having a sudden rush on foils! lol

Can't view the video at the moment so can i just ask does it rub on randomly like the gold and silver leaf??

Also does anybody know if you can get other colours apart from gold or silver leaf for nail art? I love the random effect of this and it goes on lovely and flat - no sticky out bits.

Last edited:
A quick tip ;) do the foil quickly, if you leave it on too long, it pulls the colour off. It's literally on, off :D

Can't view the video at the moment so can i just ask does it rub on randomly like the gold and silver leaf??

Also does anybody know if you can get other colours apart from gold or silver leaf for nail art? I love the random effect of this and it goes on lovely and flat - no sticky out bits.

yes all our 100 colours of foil will work in this way.

yes all our 100 colours of foil will work in this way.

Oh bugger, I didn't realise that!

Have just ordered some gold, silver & copper leaf and other bits n bobs from you.

So how does the foil work then?? Do you have to cut little slivers out of it, or do you just place it on the nail and lift, which will then leave random slivers of colour??

Ah, hang on, is the the foil like a transfer? So I could place on nail and just randomly rub sections out of it??

Can I amend my order at all?

I bet that Ebay seller wonders why they're having a sudden rush on foils! lol

I was thinking the same!!! :lol: :lol:

Inspired by Unique Tips I had my foil delivered today and some new nail wheels and I have been having a little play! Unfortunately I can't upload pics today for some reason so have put my facebook page if anyone fancies a look

TheNail Beautique | Facebook

They are so simple to do but look fab and I also love putting more than one colour foil on the nail, especially silver and gold. I'm going to try with some other colours, as opposed to just Blackpool..... probably wildfire and fedora!

Anyway thank you Unique Tips and the video from Holly as I love doing this!

These all look fab! I'd love to have a go but I don't offer Shellac. Can you use these with gels?

Latest posts

Back