Turned up with no money, told me after I'd started

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think she's probably done this before and was counting on you giving up just like everyone else she's done this to. But if you feel comfortable with your decision, than so be it.

I, being an American, would hunt her down like a dog and at least slit her tires. :wink2:

Just sayin'.....

Hahahaha. That's hilarious!

I really don't think it's a police issue it comes under civil law.Only way is taking her to small claims court and to be honest I would be embarrased to call the police they really have enough more serious stuff to do.

I think the same gillian that's why I haven't called them. And also because she's promised to pay again they probably wouldn't do anything

X

I think the same gillian that's why I haven't called them. And also because she's promised to pay again they probably wouldn't do anything

X

They wouldn't you would have to prove she had the treatment with never any intention to pay.Which you can't prove.
It's a lesson learned and I don't think there is one person on here that hasn't had the mick taken at some time or other but had to just let it go.Its sometimes just not worth the emotional effort.Its one of those things.If it was a lot of money I'd say go for it but if you can bare the loss of that I think for your own peace of mind just learn from it and move on.

Last edited:
I haven't read every single post in this thread, but just wanted to say that as I work from my home salon, this has happened to me a few times as clients assumed I would have eftpos or similiar.

What I have found though, is that 90% of my clients have SmartPhones and I just get them to pay me online with their phone before they leave. It's great and a lot of my regular clients do just that.

Send her a letter stating that if payment is not received by xxxx date you will be persuing it through the small claims court!
It might just frighten her into paying

I haven't read every single post in this thread, but just wanted to say that as I work from my home salon, this has happened to me a few times as clients assumed I would have eftpos or similiar.

What I have found though, is that 90% of my clients have SmartPhones and I just get them to pay me online with their phone before they leave. It's great and a lot of my regular clients do just that.
What do you use PayPal?

Did she fill in a client record card?

Do you have the txtxs exchanged between you saved?

Thats how you prove it.

You know what's sad, Wooshka? That you even have to have this as a WRITTEN policy in the first place. This is all common sense but people are always trying to get over.

It's a sad, sad world.

I totally agree, it is a sad sad world these days.

I had my policies checked by (lets just say) a legal person to make sure I covered my butt on every area but as I said, I am a business too and I like everyone else, is trying to get through and I agree with your statement, I am not a charity and refuse to be treated as one.

Last edited:
I have just spoken to her partner who gave a sob story and apologised said its his fault he spent the last of their money not realising she had nails to pay for. (Not that I believe this). I had my whinge I made him listen to why I'm annoyed and he's said saturday again. I said I'll take the payment if u don't pay then I won't be doing them again simple as that, they are cheap at half the price lasting the 3 weeks + I told him not to get luxuries if they are struggling and said I'm not a charity. When the going gets tough just hide behind the bf huh? Lol. Mines sick of me whingeing at him about it now...

X

You have said you don't believe them.

Did you tell the other hald it was theft? Did you tell him you could report it? That would have been your moment.

The simple reason she didnt answer and that he did.

She expects you to give up. I doubt youll get your payment. I just hope she doesnt send her friends your way.

I guess you live and learn.

Yes did everything proper. Client record cards. Just a waiting game AGAIN ...I'll b back saturday for another whinge sesh xx

X

X

She doesnt need to know you aren't going to call the police, but she should think you are planning to. Please don't let her get away with it

I hope she pays as the Police won't entertain you. This is classed as a civil matter. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

No. Just my normal bank account number is all they need.

Sorry huge technophobe here!!! Could you please explain how it works what app they use ect
Sorry for being dense also for hijacking thread

Sorry huge technophobe here!!! Could you please explain how it works what app they use ect
Sorry for being dense also for hijacking thread

No worries :) My clients often use their smartphone to jump online and use Internet Banking to deposit the money directly into my account. They don't need an app as such, just a phone that can use the internet. It's just like doing a bank transfer on your computer.

If you think this is something that may happen again, to be ready in the future you could print out a few copies saying.

I .....name................ apologise for not having ... amount......... to pay for the nail treatment I have just happily received on.....date.......

I fully intend to pay ....your name.... on......date...... & that late payment will incur a 50o/o increase.

I also understand that if I do not comply with this agreement it will be "theft" & therefore understand it will be taken to the small claims court & I will be paying costs on top of the bill.

signed....................

Well along those lines anyway!!!!

Last edited:
I don't know if this is correct, but this IS theft and the police will have a chat with her. I am sure I read a post recently where something very similar happened and she phoned the local police station and they actually went round there and frightened the client into paying?

Do NOT let these people get away with it! I highly doubt he will be showing up. And if she can do it with you, she will be more than happy to go and do it with other people. She needs to be stopped! It just infuriates me so much...

I really hope he pays you! :hug:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Sometimes just the threat of police, court, further legal action is enough. You don't actually have to be actively doing it but the threat is enough to secure payment.

I've had to do this several times, not for my own business but for my stepdad. As soon as the threat has been made payment follows through straight away.

Another thing why Saturday? No money would be paid into her account on a Saturday it would go in on a weekday so she could easily pay you during the week. She's having you on and I don't think you are going to see that payment. I'd send another text saying if payment is received by x time on Saturday you will be taking further legal action. She doesn't know that you will or won't be doing it. The treat alone will be enough.

A lot of helpful advice on here , re PayPal, bank transfers and Salon Rules.

But let's not forget that it is advice we are giving, we are not telling the OP what to do, just advising her what she can do.

She seems to have made up her mind that she is not involving the police, and has accepted another date for payment of this sum of money.
If indeed she finally decides to write the money off and put it all down to experience then that is her choice, and we should all respect that.

Latest posts

Back