Ugly Betty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CadenceAlex

Reaction score
Did anyone watch this?

I found it so amusing but so upsetting in places too - I was almost in tears for her when she dressed up as that model :eek:

I like it!

Did anyone watch this?

I found it so amusing but so upsetting in places too - I was almost in tears for her when she dressed up as that model :eek:

I like it!

I enjoyed it ... but it was like watching the film 'The Devil Wears Prada' ... so much like this film. I am looking forward to next weeks show already :)

I was watching it and i am already hooked lol. Lookin forward 2 nxt weeks!

I really liked it. I though it was really funny i will be watching it this week:green:

im hooked already although the part where they got her to dress up made me feel a bit sad for her lol lol i know, i know, its only a show:lol:

Yep I am hooked too ... and she so obviously isn't ugly!

I can't wait until it's on again - and lucky for me the twins aren't due a feed at that time so I can watch in peace!!!

Not much else I like, can't wait for Shameless on Tuesday - we watch that too... but Skins should not be on the telly. It's glorifying drugs and making partying look appealing and I don't care that it's on after nine - how many kids don't have tellys in their rooms?

I can't wait until it's on again - and lucky for me the twins aren't due a feed at that time so I can watch in peace!!!

Not much else I like, can't wait for Shameless on Tuesday - we watch that too... but Skins should not be on the telly. It's glorifying drugs and making partying look appealing and I don't care that it's on after nine - how many kids don't have tellys in their rooms?

mine do but they NEVER watch them in the evening, only usually to watch a DVD in the day, that we have put on for them....i saw the ad for that Skins too and thought OMG....:eek: it looks gross. x

mine do but they NEVER watch them in the evening, only usually to watch a DVD in the day, that we have put on for them....i saw the ad for that Skins too and thought OMG....:eek: it looks gross. x

Gross is right, but it annoys me - our friends lad is 20 and to cut a long story short, his mum and dad had to pay 3k out to drug dealers to get him off the hook with them - they were threatening the whole family.
He is always talking about the local dealers, talking about drugs and fascinated with their lifestyles and it is worrying as only 18 months ago he was playing golf and against alcohol even!

I can imagine him watching this programme and loving it. Very sad indeed.

I watched Ugly Betty and too thought it was a copy of the devil wears prada but still enjoyed it. Skins looks awful but I am sure that some young people must live like this :eek:

I watched Ugly Betty and too thought it was a copy of the devil wears prada but still enjoyed it. Skins looks awful but I am sure that some young people must live like this :eek:

They do Lelli - you can see them walking home in the morning after being up all night out their heads on drugs.

I can see people thinking, wow, that looks like a great night out.

We have a drug problem in this country and it needs sorting out, not glamorising and televising.

They do Lelli - you can see them walking home in the morning after being up all night out their heads on drugs.

I can see people thinking, wow, that looks like a great night out.

We have a drug problem in this country and it needs sorting out, not glamorising and televising.

Yep have to agree too many young lives are ruined by drugs its tragic :cry:

OOOh i missed ugly betty... do you know if its repeated?

Hi Geeks,

Had to respond because i admit i am ignorant...i did not think that it was on in the UK!! Am so glad to hear that it is.

Very funny show, and it is entertaining every week. I think it is better than the devil wears prada, although i did like trying to guess what was truly ana wintour about the charcter in wears prada, and what wasnt. You know PETA hates ana (just for any1 who doesnt know, the boss charcter, maranda in the devil wears prada was based on Vogue's editor in chief ana wintor(i dont think this is the correct spelling) and i loved how in the movie she was constantly wearing fur, just like in real life. lol.

Back to ugly betty...one of my favorites, you really feel for the poor girl :) Well written, great actors and the dialog is always good. LOVE THE SHOW

I missed it as I was out, it sounds as if its good :) Like Sarah asked does anyone know if its repeated?

It's also on channel 4 again today at 4.15!

It's also on channel 4 again today at 4.15!
my tv say 4.10.. uummmm me thinks channel 4 is trying to confuse me this sunday:irked::irked::irked:

Latest posts

Back