Ugly duck nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whats your opinion of Flared nails??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yuk!

(by the way, I have a pair of crocs. I thought they were so ugly, and when we were on holiday in Cornwall last year I kept laughing at everyone wearing them. In one shop I thought I'd try a pair on for a laugh, and OMG they were so comfortable! I bought a pair, and I can stand / walk all day in them. I don't wear them that often 'cos I still think they're ugly, but are very good comfort shoes)

Last edited:
Took me ages to learn not to do them like that.Dont tell me i was really onto something.
Great for swimming though.

When it comes down to it, the customer comes first. I wore the flare look because I liked it and my clients wanted the same. If someone doesn't like them, then that's cool. I like them, my clients like them and I get paid! I will say this, don't knock it till you try it! :smack:

Nanny from All The Rage

DSCN7948-1.jpg

OK that's true we unfortunately have to respect the taste of all people :grr: and i think its time to close this thread now....there is more important things to talk about than nail shapes....plz correct me if I'm wrong peeps...xx

can anyone post a pic of flares so i ca see what they look like, not heard of them yet?
x

ive always seen pink wearing short dark nails. ive never seen her wear flares (except pants lol)

Pink would never wear flares, she cares way too much.
She is the only "STAR" , that I have seen change her nails to match outfits several times in one video ...... that girl is styled to the max:)
Watch the vid and look out for her nails
YouTube - You And Your Hand [Pink]

OK that's true we unfortunately have to respect the taste of all people :grr: and i think its time to close this thread now....there is more important things to talk about than nail shapes....plz correct me if I'm wrong peeps...xx

Why close the thread hun??
We DO talk about nail shapes......we are in a nail forum:rolleyes:

Sadly my sculptured nails look like these some times and I have to spend ages working on the side walls. Will get better in time I hope xxx:cry:

just finished reading all 108 posts maybe Im a fashion starter and not a fashion disaster after all (ha ha joke)

Last edited:

not anything like the beautiful Art work and sculpting in prior posted photos.
Also if you client wants them are you going to say no? :smack:

In the US many call the shape "Skirted". I just learned how to do them in a Tammy Taylor sculptures seminar. Personally I do not like them, and consider them on the same line as the Stillettos..... yet many people like both. So, at least we get to say we can't be bored doing the same old nails everyday! :lol:

I LOVE flares..

I LOVE the look...

I've been wearing them for years...

... as a type of trousers my legs go into.....

:lol::lol::lol:

I LOVE flares..

I LOVE the look...

I've been wearing them for years...

... as a type of trousers my legs go into.....

:lol::lol::lol:

Do you like this?

Nanny

DSCN6983.jpg

DSCN6612.jpg

Loving the nails Nanny!!! I've seen other pictures of nails you have done too. Your nails are always amazing and beautiful!!! Keep doing what you do lady!!

I have to go along with Hope on this. Nanny's nails are incredible. I will admit that the flared nails AND the stilettos are not MY preferred shape and I'm not sure I'll ever sport them on my hands but that doesn't mean Nanny or the other techs who offer these nails are bad techs. It's really sad to come on here and read posts like this.

What's worse is when you see the moderators throw in their two cents and say the things that have been said, ie: referring to needing a puking emoticon, that they are 'dreadful', and that it must be for someone who CAN'T do nails.

Nanny does beautiful nails and just because YOU don't like the shape doesn't make her a bad tech...PERIOD. There have been some really hurtful things said in this thread and then to single out a specific person is just wrong.

It amazes me that someone even posts that they would have to reevaluate their feelings towards Pink simply because she might wear the flared style of nails. Oh please.

I'm sure I'll get some nasty comments about this post but that's fine. If we all liked the same things, wouldn't this be a boring world? That's the beauty of it all. We all like what WE like.

Oh, and BTW, Crocs are HUGE, HUGE, HUGE here. You can't walk into a doctor's office, pediatrician's office, hospital, etc. without seeing them all over the place. Even teachers wear them and they're very well liked.

Last edited:
Do you like this?

Nanny

DSCN6983.jpg

DSCN6612.jpg

Unfortunely no.. sorry...

I was saying that I love wearing flared trousers... not flared nails...

As a matter of fact.. my natural nail grows flared naturally... and I spend a lot of time filing in the side walls to slim them back down..

BENGALCAT SAID: What's worse is when you see the moderators throw in their two cents and say the things that have been said, ie: referring to needing a puking emoticon, that they are 'dreadful', and that it must be for someone who CAN'T do nails.

Nanny does beautiful nails and just because YOU don't like the shape doesn't make her a bad tech...PERIOD. There have been some really hurtful things said in this thread and then to single out a specific person is just wrong.

I thought these nail forums were for tech to share ideas, network and learn. I agree with Bengalcat, and I will say that some of the comments on here have been flat out TACKY and rude. If a tech is going to share her creativity here then show some class through your comments. If they are not what you like, does that make them ugly? Who's to say what's right and wrong in an industry where individuality and creativity are prime factors. Think outside of your box for a minute.

BENGALCAT SAID: What's worse is when you see the moderators throw in their two cents and say the things that have been said, ie: referring to needing a puking emoticon, that they are 'dreadful', and that it must be for someone who CAN'T do nails.

I thought these nail forums were for tech to share ideas, network and learn. I agree with Bengalcat, and I will say that some of the comments on here have been flat out TACKY and rude. If a tech is going to share her creativity here then show some class through your comments. If they are not what you like, does that make them ugly? Who's to say what's right and wrong in an industry where individuality and creativity are prime factors. Think outside of your box for a minute.

This forum is for people to share ideas, network and learn as well as share opinions...... We all have opinions and are all entitled to share them with each other. This is an international forum and ideas vary globally. In the UK I've never seen flared nails, and yes I find them unattractive to look at. I don't recall tacky and rude comments being directed at Nanny, in fact there have bene many comments along the lines of while not liking the shape they can appreciate the work and the art.

At the end of the day we all produce the shape that our clients want (and pay for) - it doesn't mean we have to like it. Also, for this forum to achieve it's goal we can't all agree with each other all of the time - but it doesn't mean we are rude. Also, Moderators are as entitled to an opinion as the rest of us!

I'd like to think that most who have voted and contributed have taken the poll in the spirit it was intended, which was on the light-hearted side.......

I for one although not a fan of flared nails can understand that these shapes are popular in certain cities and in other countries. I think that the art work on Nannys nails is stunning but because I am not a fan of the flare I think it spoils them jmo .
I dont think anyone as been rude or nasty to Nanny and I for one have not heard her complain because some dont like them so lets not start a war over this :hug:

You all can read into the posts whatever you want (just as we can I suppose) but when someone posts a link to specific pictures or a page with pictures on them and then you get responses where people have said that they look like the tech didn't know what they were doing or that they look 'dreadful', then YES, you're putting down a specific person. That's just rude, IMO.

I agree that these boards are all about sharing opinions and helping others out but putting them down doesn't help. If you dont' like the nails that's fine. We're not all going to like everything. That's the way of the world whether you live here in the states or 'across the pond'. It's just funny though. I've seen this so many times on this board and it's the very reason I don't frequent this board much. If you don't do a certain style or use a certain brand and voice preferred choices on this board, you're torn down. I've had replies about this when I've brought this up before and have been told in no uncertain terms that this does NOT happen on this board when in fact it really does. I guess you have to take those blinders off to truly see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back