UK Patriotic GEEKS - PLEASE READ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a client, she has been my most loyal, I started doing her nails when I first started renting my space at the salon I work from now, she has been with me through my newbie lifting, novice period, to my post thenailgeek.com, professional level.

She rang me a few weeks ago to say that she'd been for a routine mamogram and that they'd found some rogue cells which needed investigation and she wanted to cancel her prebooked appointments. She was booked well in advance to avoid missing her regular slot, but she wanted to keep her Christmas appointment and have a new set for the work's Christmas do.

She rang the other day to cancel this appointment as the rogue cells are cancer and she has to have a mastectomy plus chemotherapy. Somehow, I knew it wasn't going to be good news.

Me and this lady go back a long way and she is more to me than just a client, from the conversations we have had whilst doing her nails I know so much about her and now, everytime I think about it I want to cry....sad, but true. I'm welling up just now, writing about it.

She is such a lovely lady but I know that she's not coping well with her news. Michelle, the girl who does her hair is going over in a couple of weeks to cut her hair, ready for it to fall out post chemo. She wants it shorter so she doesn't feel like she's going to loose so much.

I want so bad to make her feel better, even if it's just going round to her house to put her nails back on when she's ready for it and that's why I'm going to buy some more tickets.

I am so lucky that no-one in my family has ever been touched by cancer and maybe that's the way I feel about this lovely lady.

I sent my cheque last week has it arrived?
I don't want to be shamed lol

Ruby

cathie I am sorry to hear about your client! she may benefit from manicures during her chemo as her nails will possibly undergo some changes. Do you guys have a look good feel better program there? It is done by the cancer society here and it is a program for cancer patients to have hair and nail care during their time of feeling most ugly and unfortunate. It is a small way for those of us in the industry to contribute!! Best wishes to your client, and hugs to you!

a big hug and lots of love to all who have been touched which would probably be most! it is hard to lose someone especially to cancer, which forces you to watch them suffer and die, usually a slow agonizing way to go. I have lost many and have a strong family history and can most likely look forward to having it myself one day. Thanks to all who donate and to those that can not find a way in your area to donate time, time is money so if you can't afford a monetary donation then go for a time one.

Aw thanks for that Holly, I will suggest it to her when she's ready, she doesn't want to speak to anyone just now, it's so sad. I don't know why it's affecting me the way it is, I was in tears at the kitchen table with my hubby last night...he told me I was just being a bit over emotional. I guess it's all the things I've been through with her and she won't let me be with her through this.

Thanks again. XXX

Hi, l sent my money a little while ago, but have not got any pink ribbons yet, how long does it take to get processed? l hope its been received? x

It may be sitting on my desk back in the UK. I am currently in Denmark until Wed. THen I will process any cheques that have arrived during my departure ;)

YAY i bought some tickets too brilliant cause !!! xxxx :Kissing: xxxx

I have just printed off my snail mail form will be in the post box tommorrow add my £10 cheque to are grand total:p

Latest posts

Back