UK Patriotic GEEKS - PLEASE READ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I would like to add something to GMG's last post on the Schoon thread.:) -

Our country does not have the best rep for 'winning'; :irked: time and time again you here us say - we were so close (especailly with football:cry: )!! We have Wimbledon, THE BEST TENNIS TOURNEMENT in the world and yet 1976 was the last time a Brit (Virginia Wade) won womens singles at Wimbledon!

Well I know you can't compare the two BUT, we need to remember something...the American's are just kick-ass at being pro-active and patriotic towards their various causes!! Let's be PATRIOTIC here - on this site - for Geeks EVERYWHERE!! For once let's do something where the UK wins for a change - something we can all be truly proud of. This isn't lining anyones pockets but the people who can help make a massive difference to fighting the Cancer Battle (and I bet there isn't one person on this site that doesn't know someone who is, or has been affected by the BIG C)!!

For the 3282 members that haven't voted - just 1 ticket each would make a massive difference (although that's only 50p and I would hope you could be a little more generous than that :rolleyes: :Kissing: )!!

Please, please let's do this together... lets kick some UK Booteee over the USA BeautyTek site - for sure, anything by Douglas Schoon would be worth having and more than likely be worth money one day!!

Many thank you's to all who respond to this thread! :hug: :Love: :hug: :Love:

:hug: Mrs Geek :Love: :Love:

Well said Mrs Geek :)
ive got my tickets on geek of course ;)

Jess
xox

i also got tickets on geek :)

Yep got my boots on ready to kick some Beauty Tech butt lol.............
Ok got my purse out and used that instead .......
If all of us geeks just donate a £1 we will have raised £3282, donate £2 and we will have busted that £6000 target............ now that is not impossible is it ???
For all that have donated, I give you a big hugg and when any of us meet up heck I will even buy ya a drink xxxxx

So who is gonna be on my drinks list then ?????

Just downloaded the form I will be sending my cheque tomorrow

Ruby

Ruby said:
Just downloaded the form I will be sending my cheque tomorrow
Ruby
Wonderful stuff Ruby - thank you - and to the 14 geeks who have donated - thank you too - very generous and kind!!! Keep it coming geeks - WE CAN TOTALLY WIN THIS IF WE ALL GIVE A LITTLE! :wink2:

Wohoooooooo Ruby flippin brill babe xxxx
We can make a difference, not just to Ladies nails but now to their boobs as well xxxxx

It would help if we knew how they were doing on Beautytech - approx.

naturalnails said:
It would help if we knew how they were doing on Beautytech - approx.
Quite - GMG may know but not sure - I keep thinking that Deb has an awsome sight and there are an awful lot more Americans than UKun's!!! :| that's why we need to work that little but harder - maybe Sam can let us know (he is asleep right now :zzz: where I should be :rolleyes: ) x

As of the morning of 8 November they had donations of $81 according to their board - but that may be a rouse (sorry not a Gigi LOL) to lull us into a false sense of security LOL.

Ok, if I have a good day today (fingers crossed for loads of clients) I'll buy some more.

Just a thought.....can we make our donations tax deductable! Even better if we can lol. Helping a great cause instead of the tax man! lol

Mrs Geek said:
Wonderful stuff Ruby - thank you - and to the 14 geeks who have donated - thank you too -
Out of all of us .... is 14 all who have donated :o
Come on guys this is for a great cause .... Sam just has to beat Debbie :D
No seriosly as Samantha said, I dont think any of us can say we have'nt been touched by the 'Big C' in some way.
I have just dontated and added to the other thread but, when I came here and read that only 14 had dontated, well.... :o
Sam .... make us a sticky .... lets see who has put their hands in their pockets for this Geeky attack on Cancer .... not how much, what we give is immaterial but, .... just who has given.
Naff idea???

ONLY 14!!!!

All the Geeks that get help and enjoyment from this site!!!!! (for free!).....come on you can manage a couple of quid :eek:

As Ruth said help those nails AND boobs and, even more importantly, lives :eek: :eek: :eek:

Marian

Just down loaded the form, i think everyone has been touched by the big 'C'. My 16 year old nephew died last year of leukemia and my 52year old aunt dies about 3 weeks later so its a worthwhile cause!!!

Amanda

i'm ASTOUNDED only 14 of us have bought to date! Come on guys, like it has been said above, we have all been touched in some way or another by cancer - your contribution however small, will make a difference. the statistics show 1 in 3 or us will be affected personally at some time in our lives...

On another note, think about all the time Samuel devotes to helping us - now it's our turn to help him - so come on, let's help him exceed the £6,000!

ONLY 14, i am superised. I have bought 8 tickets so far and will be getting some more.

I have my grandad and step dad who both have cancer at the mo, one will recover the other won't. I also lost my nan to cancer when i was 13. My mum has had a cancer scare herself.

So i think it is worth everybody giving a little even if it is just 1 ticket. Whats 50p!!!!!

Sammie

I lost my dad to cancer a couple of years ago, that was very hard to take.
Then when she was 32 my best friend was diagnosed with Cancer ... at 32!!! Such a reality check!
We all think it only ever happens to other or old people dont we?
If you havent had your reality check yet and you cant relate to this thread from that point of view (though it would be hard to find anyone not touched by Cancer in some way) ... then at least do it for Sam!

As already said ... look what Sam has given to us!,
where would a lot of us be today without this board,
Look at all the great friends we have made here, what we learn everyday without having to spend a penny to do it!

Lets prove to Sam we are behind him in this ....
Come on peeps .... lets get to at least £300 by lunch time ... shouldnt be that difficult.
Oh and for those who havent looked yet...
Paypal

doesnt get any easier than that!!!!

Ok done my bit now, and paying by paypal was only pence more than a first class stamp, how easy was that! How satisfying as well, to see the total sold instantly change!

I am not spending too much time on the site now, so I could easily have missed this. I bet a lot of the others are not using the site all the time and then they won't see the thread! Shame!

Ok can add me now :) and Paypal was a sinch (how do you spell that? lol)

I am so sorry that due to my head being up my own bum (not pleasant! lol) for the last week trying to sort my &*^% out I had missed this and I just lost my mum to cancer 5 months ago ... its horrible and is so much pain for all involved.

i lost my mum nearly 6 years ago to cancer it really can screw you up
it would have been her 54th birthday on saturday.
she was upset that she would never see my babies..........she got to see all three but i have three brothers who have all had kids scince and its upsetting for them.
i have just bought 10 tickets.
these donations all mount up no matter how small there is a lot that goes into cancer care........the nurses the hospices and there are funds to help cancer patients not have to worry about the phone bill and for the carers not have to worry about the financial indications of giving up days to look after their loved ones.
:Love: :hug: :Love:

Latest posts

Back