Ungrateful!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one of mine....invite your parents round...they are tucking into the meal and your dad asks casually... nice potatoes Jude..who peeled em?
I say "I dunno..someone who works for Asda??"
It is the standard for family jokes now.
They must like Asda because they keep coming:lol:

:lol:

I don't blame you... I love ready meals.. they're just so salty and full of flavour... and ASDA do those lovely potato's with Mint that you pop in the Microwave now, like M&S... I love all that.. you can do a whole meal in 10 minutes.. less!!

We're skint at the moment so I have decided to 'cook' - he's begged me not to bother anymore :eek:. I thought I was a good cook... damn those silly internet recipe sites written by cranks... I'm still a bit worried about the raw egg yolk I put into the Pasta!

:lol:

I don't blame you... I love ready meals.. they're just so salty and full of flavour... and ASDA do those lovely potato's with Mint that you pop in the Microwave now, like M&S... I love all that.. you can do a whole meal in 10 minutes.. less!!

We're skint at the moment so I have decided to 'cook' - he's begged me not to bother anymore :eek:. I thought I was a good cook... damn those silly internet recipe sites written by cranks... I'm still a bit worried about the raw egg yolk I put into the Pasta!

Ah.. but I've been there too. A pan of potato hash used to last 2 -3 days for me and my ex. tbh I'm happy with supernoodles even Asda 8p noodles are good.
I just cook these meals because I'm lazy and HATE cooking!
If I really had to cook, properly on a budget, I would have a damn good go at what you are doing and if they don't like it..at least you have tried.
I have, and can, cook but I choose not to.
Another good meal idea is to buy a pack of noodles, some beansprouts, soy sauce, some chicken and any veg that is around and stir fry.
It makes loads and will feed any hungry bloke.:hug:

I decided to make Pasta Carbonara tonight as I have been looking at recipes and it was 15 minutes prep !

Fried the Bacon in Garlic and Olive Oil whilst boiling the Pasta... chucked in the Egg Yolks and Cheese, Milk and Pepper...

.. stirred it all in with the Pasta... then served!

Cadence picked a bit up and went YAK :eek:

Dave put a huge forkful in his mouth and said lovely... then disappeared into the kitchen... gagging into the bin :eek:

I ate quite a bit and now feel very sick.. and have got a nasty aftertaste... but Cadence is now half an hour up past her bed time whilst he makes 'their' dinner... asking me if I found that recipe on a 'How to kill your husband off in 5 minutes' website :irked:. They are both laughing and shouting YAK at each other whilst I type...

He could have just bloody ate it seeing as I have been planning to make it all week and bought the ingredients especially!

Well no breakfast in bed for him tomorrow - Fathers Day or not!

You're not on your own darling, everytime I cook this dish, we all look at it and go yum, then are always disappointed, it's not you, it's just one of those dishes. There is so much of it and it all tastes the same.

I still do it every now and again and always get the same reaction, Yuk!

You'd think I'd learn, big :hug:

Teri x:hug:

I lurve Cooking - (I said cooking not F****ing :lol::lol:) I very rarely buy ready made meals because there are so many of us, so it would cost me even more of a fortune than it does now :eek:

Sometimes it is best not to follow recipes to the t (no pun intended :lol:) the best meals are usually the ones that are thrown together - ask Peter Pan about my cream of potato and leek soup :green:).

Carbonnara is usually best served as a starter (or with garlic bread if a main - you won't have as much this way). It is a very rich meal and because of the high carb content will fill you up quickly.

Add a nice fresh green salad, with lots of cherry tomatos, to cut the stodge iykwim and along with of course, a nice glass of ice cold white wine:green:

ooh now i love all pasta dishes - except carbonara - im not a huge cheese lover and its too sickly for me!!

your reciepe sounds good to me - i don't think you missed anything out. xx

I decided to make Pasta Carbonara tonight as I have been looking at recipes and it was 15 minutes prep !

Fried the Bacon in Garlic and Olive Oil whilst boiling the Pasta... chucked in the Egg Yolks and Cheese, Milk and Pepper...

.. stirred it all in with the Pasta... then served!

Cadence picked a bit up and went YAK :eek:

Dave put a huge forkful in his mouth and said lovely... then disappeared into the kitchen... gagging into the bin :eek:

I ate quite a bit and now feel very sick.. and have got a nasty aftertaste... but Cadence is now half an hour up past her bed time whilst he makes 'their' dinner... asking me if I found that recipe on a 'How to kill your husband off in 5 minutes' website :irked:. They are both laughing and shouting YAK at each other whilst I type...

He could have just bloody ate it seeing as I have been planning to make it all week and bought the ingredients especially!

Well no breakfast in bed for him tomorrow - Fathers Day or not!
PMSL:lol:. Cadence, I know you have had a rough time recently, and the last thing you need is peeps laughing at your carbonara dilemma. But I did have to laugh. You get 10 out of 10 for perseverance, lol. You obviously try to please and it is awful when you cook and everybody says 'YUK'.

That being said, I ate the BEST carbonara in Mexico believe it or not. My hubby and I weren't even engaged so it was mooooons ago. We were having a dirty week:green: on the little island of Isle Mujeres off Cancun and our favourite restaurant served inexpensive but tasty food. I was introduced to Carbonara here and it's the best I've EVER had.

PMSL:lol:. Cadence, I know you have had a rough time recently, and the last thing you need is peeps laughing at your carbonara dilemma. But I did have to laugh. You get 10 out of 10 for perseverance, lol. You obviously try to please and it is awful when you cook and everybody says 'YUK'.

No more perseverance from me.. he can have Cheese and Crackers next time! :green:

That being said, I ate the BEST carbonara in Mexico believe it or not. My hubby and I weren't even engaged so it was mooooons ago. We were having a dirty week:green: on the little island of Isle Mujeres off Cancun and our favourite restaurant served inexpensive but tasty food. I was introduced to Carbonara here and it's the best I've EVER had.

I really like it.. someone used to cook it alot and it was nice.. or was that Pasta Neopolitan? Does that even exist?!

I'd love to go to Mexico... I can dream :green:

I really like it.. someone used to cook it alot and it was nice.. or was that Pasta Neopolitan? Does that even exist?!

I'd love to go to Mexico... I can dream :green:

I personally don't think Carbonara is bland. The pasta we ate in Mexico certainly was not. But as I said, I have never tasted carbonara like that again. I do think that the shop bought stuff is very bland though.

Tell ya what! If I can find the magazine from quite a few years back, I will try to unearth a pasta carbonara recipe for you. The article was written by a lady who, like me, had once tasted divine carbonara but had never found a recipe near to it again. She was on a quest to find that extra special carbonara recipe and found a chef who showed her how.

If I remember correctly the carbonara should curdle slightly. The stuff we ate on a balmy Mexican evening was also slightly curdled.

I read the article on a plane on our way to a holiday destination. Now....... I've just got to try to remember which holiday and in what month and year:rolleyes: xx

P.S. Pasta Neopolitan is a tomato based sauce I think.

I personally don't think Carbonara is bland. The pasta we ate in Mexico certainly was not. But as I said, I have never tasted carbonara like that again. I do think that the shop bought stuff is very bland though.

Tell ya what! If I can find the magazine from quite a few years back, I will try to unearth a pasta carbonara recipe for you. The article was written by a lady who, like me, had once tasted divine carbonara but had never found a recipe near to it again. She was on a quest to find that extra special carbonara recipe and found a chef who showed her how.

If I remember correctly the carbonara should curdle slightly. The stuff we ate on a balmy Mexican evening was also slightly curdled.

I read the article on a plane on our way to a holiday destination. Now....... I've just got to try to remember which holiday and in what month and year:rolleyes: xx

P.S. Pasta Neopolitan is a tomato based sauce I think.

Well my Carbonara certainly wasn't bland.. :green:.. if anything it had too much taste.... BAD taste!!

I think I will try to cook it again.. maybe using different colour Pasta shells so he won't notice it's similar!!!

I've eaten it before and really liked it in Restaurants... but nothing ever tastes the same when I make it at home - aside from Fajitas and Burrito's, where I just chuck in the Meat!

Latest posts

Back